Points to my online licence

Options

Comments

• Barny1979
    Barny1979 Posts: 7,921 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Jt146 wrote: »
    It was a good day (anyone can do it if you dress smart and are very humble - he’s 24, male and didn’t learn however)

Awful thing to say, smug and arrogant
  • Barny1979
    Barny1979 Posts: 7,921 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    We attended court. There was an issue with the fact that both offences should have been heard at the same time and there was some leniency due to the fact this didn’t happen through no fault of his own.
    He did not receive any further points, a 14 day ban and a £200 fine plus court fees and victim surcharge (£315).

Very lucky, I'm sure the OP's partner has learned their lesson though

I give them until the end of February 2019 until they offend again.
  • Jt146
    Jt146 Posts: 9 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Not a chance. Not for another 5 years until it no longer has to be declared on the insurance policy.

He won’t be driving until then unless we win the lottery to pay for the insurance.
  • atrixblue.-MFR-.
    atrixblue.-MFR-. Posts: 6,887 Forumite
    edited 17 November 2018 at 7:25PM
    Options
    So they're outdated then.
    ACPO now NPCC because they wanted a fancy title (joking), everyone I know even i still refers to "acpo guidelines" when I shouldn't but years of habbit is hard to kick, I still hold a pen like a cigarette and I gave up 6 years ago. So no they're not out of date, I am in terminology.
  • atrixblue.-MFR-.
    Options
    Not a chance. Not for another 5 years until it no longer has to be declared on the insurance policy.

He won’t be driving until then unless we win the lottery to pay for the insurance.

I do not in the slightest think your husband will stop driving when he's banned NORE do I think he will learn from this especially not for 5 years as you say. If he sells his car and yours is the only one in the house I bet he'll get his hands your keys and when he's caught in your car, you have two options take a permitting ticket and take the points or deny permitting and police accuse him of TWOC ontop of a disqual charge
  • Jt146
    Options
    He’s not an absolute scroat.
  • atrixblue.-MFR-.
    Options
    He’s not an absolute scroat.
    I'm saying that his repeated history of motoring offences and not learning from them on a repeated basis builds us accurate picture.
  • Mercdriver
    Mercdriver Posts: 3,898 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I'm saying that his repeated history of motoring offences and not learning from them on a repeated basis builds us accurate picture.

I think you're stretching it a bit here. There is a world of difference between speeding and driving while disqualified and/or driving without insurance.
  • Richard53
    Richard53 Posts: 3,173 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Mercdriver wrote: »
    I think you're stretching it a bit here. There is a world of difference between speeding and driving while disqualified and/or driving without insurance.
    Agreed. I have done plenty of the first (to my eternal shame, obviously), but wouldn't consider doing the other two under any circumstances.
    If someone is nice to you but rude to the waiter, they are not a nice person.
  • Herzlos
    Herzlos Posts: 14,688 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Richard53 wrote: »
    Agreed. I have done plenty of the first (to my eternal shame, obviously), but wouldn't consider doing the other two under any circumstances.

There's a pretty big difference in attitude between most people going a bit fast on occasion and someone having a 2nd court appearance for speeding, having been caught at least 4 times (one was a 6-pointer).
    That he didn't modify his behaviour after nearly being banned in court last time, implies he's got no respect for the law or driving, and I don't think anyone on here would be surprised if the OP came back asking for advice after another incident.

Maybe he's learned his lesson this time though, and will sit out his 5 years without driving (or at least wait until insurance is bearable again).
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure