IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Parking "fine" - court letter

Comments

• Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    edited 11 January 2019 at 5:55PM
    amount claimed should be £85 and not the £153.14. so an attempt at double recovery there (they added on debt collector fees or legal fees, then added them on again)

remove your VRM from your last post, NEVER post personal identifying info on public forums
  • The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite

amount claimed should be £85 and not the £153.14. so an attempt at doube recovery there (they added on debt collector fees or legal fees)

Indeed, most unsolicitory behaviour, verging on fraud imo. Report them here

https://sra.org.uk/home/home.page
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • VRM removed (presume that means vehicle reg). I was asked for the breakdown of costs which is why I posted it.

Having looked through the Bargepole defence threads, I'm not really sure where to start with mine. Obviously the attempt at double recovery will be in there but I'm not actually sure what my "charge" is. It doesn't say in the letter and I don't want to go on about unclear signs/poorly marked lines if that isn't what I'm charged with (it was for overstaying but it doesn't actually say that in the letter anywhere as far as I can see). I realise it would have been on one of the earlier letters that I was sent but I'm pretty sure I no longer have any of these
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,432
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    But it is the signs that allegedly formed the contract with the driver.
    If the signs were unclear, hidden, poorly worded, etc, how would the driver know there was a, for example, a time limit?

Signs are very important - whatever the circumstances.
  • I see, so is it worth me going to the car park to see what the signage etc. is actually like ?
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 130,633
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    The NEWBIES thread tells you all of that, about evidence (but evidence comes later).

I think the NEWBIES thread post #2 has been mentioned four times on this thread already, and your questions should be kept (please) to anything not covered there, as we are on a madly busy forum.

You will be happy that we take that stance, when you really need us at each stage.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • KeithP
    Forumite
    sellwin90 wrote: »
    I see, so is it worth me going to the car park to see what the signage etc. is actually like ?

Yes of course.

Take pictures that show how bad they are.

Take pictures that show they cannot be read - for whatever reason.
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    VRM = Vehicle Registration Mark (letters and numbers)

at no time did I ask you for your VRM, I asked for your POC and I expected you to redact personal information not relevant to those details I asked for

if I asked who you bank with I wouldnt expect the account number , sort code and card pin number back (just so you know and understand)

we do not want your references , your name , your address nor your VRM, or any other personal details

start with the BARGEPOLE CONCISE defence , than add in anything else gleaned from reading the dozens of other court case threads on this forum

to start you off, look at this thread where the defence is going in today

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5939435&page=2

and this one too

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5941946

bear in mind that any contract entered into was started by what the signage and markings are on the site in question , hence why these are always queried, the claimant is binding you to a contract due to those details

this is why it helps if people go back to the site and get their own pictures and evidence, so yes is the answer to that question, because it is obvious that you do so
  • I have been reading through the newbies thread and following the advice on there but finding it very difficult to follow and retain the information read as a lot to take in and I'm not the best with words (more a numbers person), so I do apologise for repeating stuff that might be in there.

I'll head on down to the car park and have a look and try to study the newbies thread and defence drafts a bit more, I do appreciate the help you are giving and that you repeat this on a regular basis many times a day, I'm guessing.

Oh and I didn't realise the VRM was so personal as anyone in the street could just take it etc. but it's removed now :)
  • KeithP
    Forumite
    sellwin90 wrote: »
    Oh and I didn't realise the VRM was so personal as anyone in the street could just take it etc. but it's removed now :)
    It uniquely identifies your vehicle.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport