Cherry takes the reins

Comments

• Cherryfudge
    Cherryfudge Posts: 10,011 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    I think the cold has just about gone. Just the lingering symptoms but I don't feel infectious, if you know what I mean.

Nothing spent today.

The broken cupboard has gone to the tip but I have gone to put things in it a few times! I have tackled most of a base cupboard today: pans all over the place as I gave it a thorough clean out and worked out how to get a new layer of sticky-backed plastic in to replace the one that was there when we moved in and could be over a quarter of a century old! So we now have what looks at a glance like nice bleached wood shelving in there and most of the pans are back. I don't want to get rid of the cupboards on that side of the kitchen: they were built for the house and make good use of the space so I'm just trying to improve how they look.

Nothing else to report, no progress into the food stocks unless you count finishing the last little bit of Christmas cake. Work tomorrow afternoon and overnight so I may be back during the day.
    I think a bit of sunshine is good for frugal living. (Cranky40)
    The sun's been out and I think I’m solar powered (Onebrokelady)

Fashion on the Ration challenge, 2024: Trainers 5 coupons. 5/68
    20.5 coupons used in 2020. 62.5 used in 2021. 94.5 remaining as of 21/3/22
  • Glad you are feeling better.
    LBM in April 17 - £14998/£33554 (44.6%) paid. Mortgage@1 June 18 = £9935/£76350 paid.Total debt @june 18 £102311 now £84972GC Jan £40.99/£500 2021 declutter 85/2021 items 0/20 bags clothes
  • I could just eat some banana bread (hot from the oven and buttered!) right now OBL! I hope you're enjoying yours.

I have taken tomorrow off... I had my walk into town which went better than expected but I had to walk a little more slowly and focus a bit harder. Even so I know my brain's not in gear. I did things like putting my shopping list away and holding onto my phone when it was the shopping list I needed. I know I do things like that anyway but I seem to have a special inclination to get mixed up right now.

I did make a careful list and went to various shops (except I forgot one, see above) so as to avoid another trip in the near future. I even went further afield to get my coffee sachets at half price, only to find they had gone up by 50p in that shop and down to half price in MrT! I have therefore spent an accidental 50p.
    I did find a stray 5p to help make up for it. :)

I met Mr Fudge in the supermarket so we ended up pooling funds and getting quite a lot of shopping as he is making casserole tomorrow and I have my recipes all planned for. The £20 I'd handed to him earlier turned into his share! I got a lift home with him.

Spends:
    Housekeeping 1) £4.26 (this week and next week's milk bill)
    Housekeeping 2) £9.23
    Medication £7.04
    MS stuff:
    Wombled 5p
    Got some of my coffee at half price
    The banana bread was interesting,I still only had two bananas so tofor some bizarre reason I decided to chuck some marmalade in to make it a bit more moist,I must have got carried away though as it just tasted of marmalade with a hint of banana,it can’t have tasted too bad though because it was all gone by this morning:eek:
    Good for you taking the day off,sometimes we just need a day to get over things,I am still trying to decide whether to go back to work on Tuesday,I actually feel quite a bit better this evening,but I’ve yet to try lying down to go to sleep,I’m going to see ho I feel tomorrow and then phone them at lunch time to let them know,hope you have a speedy recovery :)
    Original Debt Owed Jan 18 = £17,630 Paid To Date = £6,080.1 Owed = £11,549.9
  • Cherryfudge
    You could have invented a good new recipe there, OBL!

I found that once I'd turned the corner I improved pretty quickly, hopefully you will too. People tell me there's a cough still to come though. :(

• I think the cold has just about gone. Just the lingering symptoms but I don't feel infectious, if you know what I mean.

Nothing spent today.

The broken cupboard has gone to the tip but I have gone to put things in it a few times! I have tackled most of a base cupboard today: pans all over the place as I gave it a thorough clean out and worked out how to get a new layer of sticky-backed plastic in to replace the one that was there when we moved in and could be over a quarter of a century old! So we now have what looks at a glance like nice bleached wood shelving in there and most of the pans are back. I don't want to get rid of the cupboards on that side of the kitchen: they were built for the house and make good use of the space so I'm just trying to improve how they look.

Nothing else to report, no progress into the food stocks unless you count finishing the last little bit of Christmas cake. Work tomorrow afternoon and overnight so I may be back during the day.
    How annoying about the cupboard,one of my cupboard doors fell off back in the summer and I still haven’t fixed it,I have the hinges I just have a feeling it’s going to turn into one of those jobs where it’s more complicated than it looks,I have lots to do in my house but every time I get some time to do it lately I’ve been too ill,this weekend I was meant to be sorting and emptying the box room so my newish GS has somewhere to have a nap when I start looking after him in March,but again I’ve been too ill for the third weekend in a row,I think I’m going to start sneaking jobs in midweek in the hope that my body doesn’t catch on and sabotage me :rotfl:
  • Could you put some cheap and cheerful shelves in the gap as a temporary measure?
  • Glad your feeling better :)

Have a good day

x
    “Once you hit rock bottom, that's where you perfectly stand; That's your chance of restarting, but restarting the way.”
  • Cherryfudge
    Could you put some cheap and cheerful shelves in the gap as a temporary measure?

That's a great idea thanks redo! Will post here to let people know what progress I make. :)

• You could have invented a good new recipe there, OBL!

I found that once I'd turned the corner I improved pretty quickly, hopefully you will too. People tell me there's a cough still to come though. :(
    I really hope you don’t get the cough,I wouldn’t wish it on anyone,the cough is what is still playing me up,I’m waiting on a call back from the docs after coughing non stop this morning,I just couldn’t get a break in between,Sod’s law now I’ve called my gp it’s stopped,I just can’t decide if I should go back to work tomorrow but if I don’t I need a sick cert for the time off,I have a self certificate for the first week but need one from today for this week if I’m not going back,sitting here now I feel like I would be ok but I’m not sure what I will be like in the morning
  • Cherryfudge
    How are you doing now OBL? Coughing that won't stop doesn't sound like the best basis for going back to work, I must say... just a wee bit concerned about you. :) Mind you I've had that thing where you get better in the doctor's waiting room: embarrassing :D.

Here's to your good health coming back soon and permanently. :)

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport