Cash ISAs: The Best Currently Available List

Options

Comments

• masonic
    masonic Posts: 23,275 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Kazza242 is supposedly still active but has not updated this topic or posted anything else since June 2018. It's a great pity because I cannot be the only one to have found it really useful as a source of reference.
    According to the first post: "Last edited by Kazza242; 27-12-2018 at 5:30 PM. Reason: List updated..."
  • Kazza242
    Kazza242 Posts: 2,169 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hello everyone. I've been away for a while as I've had a lot going on at work.

The first post of this thread has been updated.
    Please call me 'Kazza'.
  • Consumerist
    Consumerist Posts: 6,310 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Kazza242 wrote: »
    Hello everyone. I've been away for a while as I've had a lot going on at work.

The first post of this thread has been updated.
    Welcome back.
    >:)Warning: In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.
  • Consumerist
    Consumerist Posts: 6,310 Forumite
    edited 25 March 2019 at 1:55PM
    Options
    The rate may be eye-catching but the early-withdrawal charges are eye-watering - up to 5 years interest penalty on early withdrawals.

With a minimum balance of £15k you need to be sure you in for the duration.

Coincidentally (or maybe not), MSE has dumbed-down their fixed-rate ISA table which no longer shows the effective rates on early withdrawal.
    >:)Warning: In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.
  • Steve_xx
    Steve_xx Posts: 6,976 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    The rate may be eye-catching but the early-withdrawal charges are eye-watering - up to 5 years interest penalty on early withdrawals.

With a minimum balance of £15k you need to be sure you in for the duration.

Coincidentally (or maybe not), MSE has dumbed-down their fixed-rate ISA table which no longer shows the effective rates on early withdrawal.

It's too long anyway, especially as interest rates are still very low.
  • eskbanker
    eskbanker Posts: 31,040 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Surely including those effective rates was dumbing it down (in that such figures are easily calculated)?
  • Rich2808
    Rich2808 Posts: 1,332 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Any news on an exciting offerings for the new tax year – which starts on Saturday week.

I was hoping Nottingham BS might offer their 2.25% starter (regular saver) ISA again – but no sign of it yet. I got my maturity letter from them on my 2018-19 ISA last week – and they will be placing my funds in a cash isa paying 0.25% when it matures on 5 April.
  • bubieyehyeh
    bubieyehyeh Posts: 587 Forumite
    Options
    Rich2808 wrote: »
    I was hoping Nottingham BS might offer their 2.25% starter (regular saver) ISA again – but no sign of it yet. I got my maturity letter from them on my 2018-19 ISA last week – and they will be placing my funds in a cash isa paying 0.25% when it matures on 5 April.

Someone posted elsewhere on this forum, that they had been told it will be available on 6th April @ 2% this year.

Also Coventry 5yr fixed rate has been pulled and reduced.
  • bubieyehyeh
    bubieyehyeh Posts: 587 Forumite
    Options
    This years Nottingham BS regular saver ISA details is now on their website, it is listed on all saving accounts page, but not on cash ISAs page.

https://www.thenottingham.com/savings/products/starter-isa-issue-9/

Seems same terms as last year but rate now only 2%.
  • jimbow25
    jimbow25 Posts: 351 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Coventry Building Society's ISAs were replaced by a new batch at the start of the month I think - maturing November 2021, November 2022 and May 2024. A bit frustrating as I was going to go for May 2021 - the replacement would tie me in for 6 more months and also has 180 days penalty not 120 as before. I opened the instant access ISA recently so was looking forward to making the transfer via a simple phone call. I will hold fire for now.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback