0 credit score on experian

Hi,

Just logged into my Experian credit report, I have a score of 0 out of 999. I didn't even think this was possible all my personal details are correct. I am in an IVA with creditfix which doesn't show on my report, rather than all the old debts I have and a few which have since defaulted. I have been paying this IVA for 2 years now without bother, So I checked this out of curiosity and was almost sick when I seen this, I am preventing me and my wife buying a home and this is a real blow to me and her as I thought everything was under control and my score would improve, last time I checked it was around 490 so I am surprised by this, any tips on how to get this to improve and is their a reason for the IVA not showing on my report, makes me wonder if creditfix are legitimate, in serious depression the last few years and I just want this to end, don't know how much longer I can take this mess I got myself into.

Comments

• foxy-stoat
    foxy-stoat Posts: 6,879
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    1. Your score is meaningless - dont worry

2. You cannot take out a mortgage for a property when you are in an IVA

3. You will not get offered a mortgage until your IVA is complete, and enough time has past for lenders to give you an offer AND you will need to save up a good sized deposit.

You will have to wait for 4+ years I would say - fear not, if you have taken an IVA then you should only pay back 25% of your debt, or there abouts.

Check your Noodle report for the information - you will have defaults as you would of stopped paying your creditors when you took out the IVA.
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    redman1879 wrote: »
    Hi,

Just logged into my Experian credit report, I have a score of 0 out of 999. I didn't even think this was possible all my personal details are correct. I am in an IVA with creditfix which doesn't show on my report, rather than all the old debts I have and a few which have since defaulted. I have been paying this IVA for 2 years now without bother, So I checked this out of curiosity and was almost sick when I seen this, I am preventing me and my wife buying a home and this is a real blow to me and her as I thought everything was under control and my score would improve, last time I checked it was around 490 so I am surprised by this, any tips on how to get this to improve and is their a reason for the IVA not showing on my report, makes me wonder if creditfix are legitimate, in serious depression the last few years and I just want this to end, don't know how much longer I can take this mess I got myself into.

What is creditfix ? Do you mean Equifax ?

As mentioned what does Noddle and clearscore reports say ?
  • foxy-stoat
    Forumite
    DCFC79 wrote: »
    What is creditfix ?

They deal with debts so probably IP.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite

Just logged into my Experian credit report, I have a score of 0 out of 999.

Don't worry. You'll double it in no time.
  • fatbelly
    fatbelly Posts: 20,380
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Cashback Cashier
    Forumite
    Hi,

Your score is pretty much a nonsense but if it runs from zero for someone who is insolvent to 999 for someone completely on top of things then you would expect to score zero.

The IVA should appear on the report - check what address they are showing on the insolvency register and that that address is your present one on the report.

https://www.insolvencydirect.bis.gov.uk/eiir/

Of course the IVA is preventing you from getting a mortgage! You surely realised that this was a 5 or 6 year insolvency arrangement?

Credit fix are a legitimate IP but often push IVAs to people who should not have had one. Instead of worrying about a fictitious score why not get an independent view about whether the strategy you chose was the right one?

Try National Debtline
  • thanks for the replies guys. I know I am not going to get a mortgage when I'm in an IVA I just expect my report to look a bit more healthy than what it is. I felt when I signed up to this it was the only option I had. I was desperate and close to suicide as I thought I was a burden on everyone and completely low. when I started this I felt a sense of relief but i thought as I paid this back it would improve my rating. I'm not applying for credit of course at the moment. but my worry is when we both go for a mortgage my past will ruin this for us and it's ruining me. I guess I'll have to live with my silly mistakes in the past. feel back to square one. but I'll keep trying to go on. it's a massive struggle being in this. alot of sacrifice and mentally draining. thanks for your help.
  • AmelieAva8
    AmelieAva8 Posts: 23 Forumite
    Definitely get some professional help from a debt charity.as Fatbelly said, you can even talk on live chat to some of them if you don’t want to phone. If you have no assets DRO or bankruptcy might be better? Deffo talk to someone!

As for your mental health, I hope you are in a better headspace now but if you aren’t please see your GP, you won’t be the first or last person who has felt like this and especially from having debts but if you need the help they should support you. Wishing you all the best.
  • foxy-stoat
    Forumite
    thanks for the replies guys. I know I am not going to get a mortgage when I'm in an IVA I just expect my report to look a bit more healthy than what it is. I felt when I signed up to this it was the only option I had. I was desperate and close to suicide as I thought I was a burden on everyone and completely low. when I started this I felt a sense of relief but i thought as I paid this back it would improve my rating. I'm not applying for credit of course at the moment. but my worry is when we both go for a mortgage my past will ruin this for us and it's ruining me. I guess I'll have to live with my silly mistakes in the past. feel back to square one. but I'll keep trying to go on. it's a massive struggle being in this. alot of sacrifice and mentally draining. thanks for your help.

Your irrelevant credit number is well irrelevant - just a number that is made up to make folk sign up and pay for other monthly numbers...they mean nothing in the world of lending. You score is 0 because you are in an IVA and cannot obtain credit so they score you 0.

You will be able to get a mortgage, as I said, depending on your deposit level and how much you can save after the IVA is finished. You are already ahead of the game as your 24 months in - a lot of folk have not yet realised that they are financially doomed.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure