Confidentiality regarding suspension from work

I have reason to believe that my manager has not kept my suspension from confidential. However, as I have beeen instructed not to discuss the matter with colleagues, I am unsure of how to approach the matter with my employer.

Any advice on how to raise this, without putting myself or others in a difficult position would bemuch appreciated.

Comments

• DVardysShadow
    DVardysShadow Posts: 18,949 Forumite
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • CAB_Malvern_Hills_representative
    CAB_Malvern_Hills_representative Posts: 153 Organisation Representative
    momo1979 wrote: »
    I have reason to believe that my manager has not kept my suspension from confidential. However, as I have beeen instructed not to discuss the matter with colleagues, I am unsure of how to approach the matter with my employer.

Any advice on how to raise this, without putting myself or others in a difficult position would bemuch appreciated.

HI

I understand from the other posts that "The situation has been clarified and I have been advised by my union rep to raise a grievance". If you want to raise an issue about the lack of confidentially then this is what you will have to do.

The following link takes you to the section on adviceguide which explains the process :

http://www.adviceguide.org.uk/england/work_e/work_problems_at_work_e/dealing_with_grievances_at_work.htm

Your union rep should be able to assist you with this. Alternatively visit your local CAb with all paperwork and they can give you detailed confidential advice on how you might be able to resolve the situation.
    Official CAB Representative
    I am an official representative of CAB. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to questions on the CAB Board. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. If you believe I’ve broken any rules please report my post to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com as usual"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure