Official Vodafone Complaints/Query Thread

Options

Comments

• Si_Haworth
    Options
    Another voice of discontent here.

I'm now on day 10 of trying to get proof of usage for an insurance claim but I've had no help via email, live chat, vodafone forum, twitter and I've already emailed quoting WRT135 and had no response.

Can somebody from Vodafone web relations team please look at issue #13742428.
  • Sutcliffe
    Sutcliffe Posts: 12 Forumite
    Options
    This is the email I got lets hope it all goes through ok.

Thank you for your time over call.

I’ve raised a request of 30 day notice for cancellation of your number and it will be cancelled on 07/Aug/2016. I'll call your wife as per your request and resovle the issue for her account as well.

Further please click here to submit a unlock request for your handset. You will not be charged the cancellation fees.

Thanks

Ishan Mehta
    Customer Service Agent (Social Media)
    Vodafone Limited
    Vodafone HQ, The Connection, Newbury, Berkshire, RG14 2FN
    Registered in England No 1471587
  • bobpitbull
    bobpitbull Posts: 38 Forumite
    Options
    I have a default on my credit file, default date of 1st Feb 2012, from Vodafone...

In my stubbornness, and my belief that no company should ever get away with stealing from / lying to customers, I stood my ground when Vodafone were claiming that I hadn't cancelled my contract with them... I had:-

- September 2011, a few months after my 24-month contract period, I called to cancel. I asked for the settlement figure and paid it while on the phone;
    - I called back soon after to request a transfer code (PUK?) to move to another operator.. in the end I didn't end up using this and took out a new number instead;
    - shortly after, a bill arrived - I assumed that Vodafone had just processed this before my cancellation so I ignored it;
    - a month later, another bill - now for twice as much. Stupidly (again), I didn't call them at this point - I was really busy with work and home so just assumed that VF were being slow;
    - a third letter, now showing a large debt, arrived. I called Vodafone - and was told that they had no record of my cancellation... I asked them what we do next - as I didn't agree with their billing me following cancellation and they didn't agree that I'd cancelled (!!! If not, what was the payment for that they'd see from my September call..?!?) - and they said that I'd need to pay the bill or they'd keep sending them;
    - the letters then turned to threatening ones...
    - in February 2012, they put a default on my credit file. I couldn't believe it.

Since then, I've been arguing my case with them... and have started talks with the Ombudsman and Small Claims (separately). I'm not sure that it's a good idea to use both, or where these will go, but I do know that I'm right and I do believe that the truth will always come out... crooks should never prosper.

I'm not sure that anyone can offer any advice on this ... I wrote to the MSE team during the recent Vodafone complaints threads, but got no response (I understand they're really busy, of course..!).

Thought someone might read this and recognize the problem - I'm sure that I'm not the only one...

I'll update this if I ever hear any good news from the Ombudsman, Small Claims or Vodafone ...

By the way, I'm not too bothered about the money that I paid to Vodafone - £130 - although it would of course be great to get that back... what does bother me, though, is the default on my credit file.

PS. Recent communications from Vodafone have always resulted in the same, whether speaking to them on the phone, over Facebook, over email: "we are responsible lenders and, as such, must leave the default on your credit file". Responsible lenders?!? Crooks, more like.
  • mobilejunkie
    mobilejunkie Posts: 8,460 Forumite
    Options
    When you asked for the PAC it cancelled the previous notice. Then by not exercising the PAC within 30 days your contract would simply have contiuned. On that basis you have no case in law and it is unlikely the Ombudsman will find in your favour.

Given that it appears Vodafone do not appear to have broken your contract (you did that by failing to pay when you - albeit innocently - allowed the contract to continue but failed to maintain payments) you haven't got a leg to stand on. Changing the default on your credit files would therefore seem a lost cause and that will remain on there for the next six years. Stubborness may make you feel better at the time but the consequences far outway that fleeting feeling.

Your only hope of any help in my view/experience is by contacting the Web Relations Team as constantly instructed on here to see if there is anything they can do. They may not be able to remove the external credit file entries and have no reason to, but they usually try to do what they can. Remember though, this appears to be your own fault and not theirs - ignorance is not an excuse for breaking your contract.
  • Vodafone
    Vodafone Posts: 4,297 Organisation Representative
    edited 16 July 2016 at 9:00AM
    Options
    Hi K_M & semoosavi,

So we can help you with this issue, please email us via the Contact us form here.

To access the form you'll need to enter the code WRT135.

As well as stating your query in the question box, please also quote "MSE Forum".

Once sent, you'll receive an automated reply with a reference number. Post it on here and we'll check we've received it.

Thanks,

Nathan

Social Media Operations
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Vodafone. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Vodafone
    Options
    Hi 2catsandcounting,

Do you have a reference number from your conversation with us? If so could you provide us with that reference as we can look into this for you.

Thanks,

Nathan

Social Media Operations

Vodafone UK
    I am the official company representative of Vodafone. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • DD25
    DD25 Posts: 4 Newbie
    Options
    I filled in a form on Monday 11th July and still waiting for a code via email, how long does this normally take?
  • mobilejunkie
    mobilejunkie Posts: 8,460 Forumite
    Options
    It doesn't; it's pretty immediate. Try again.
  • kirtsypoos
    kirtsypoos Posts: 3,824 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Cashback Cashier
    Options
    kirtsypoos wrote: »
    Hi,

I have an ongoing problem which the WRT helped with but has since become an issue again.

#13674089 is my newest complaint submitted. I did receive a call but was unable to answer as I was at work - i received an email to say there would be a PIN left on a voicemail but I have not received a voicemail?

Thanks,

I have still had no contact following the online query and the above post - could someone from the WRT please get in touch to get this mess sorted?
    :j PAID VERY, Barclaycard x3, Vanquis, Natwest, O/D, Tesco & MBNA x2 PAID :j LBM 24/07/15 - Original Debt: £0/31010.23 (100% paid) :eek:
    Mortgage - £151.316.54 :eek:
  • Vodafone
    Options
    Hi kirstypoos,

We sent you an email on the 03/07/2016, check your inbox for an email from us, if not please check your spam/junk folder as it may be there.

Hi rachie29,

We've received your email and a member of our team will be in touch as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Nathan

Social Media Operations

Vodafone UK
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure