Topcashback Questions & Answers

Comments

• Crabman
    Crabman Posts: 9,943 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer
    JAG wrote: »
    Mine are now showing declined.

Hi There,

Thank you for submitting your receipt image.

We have had a look into this for you and unfortunately we are unable to process this cashback as it has already been redeemed.

Please note the following terms and conditions of this offer **- This offer is provided by CheckoutSmart and will only be awarded once, whether claimed via Topcashback or via any other publisher in the CheckoutSmart network.

I am sorry that this cashback was not successful for you.

Perhaps they should make it crystal clear that you can only claim it once per person across all networks, even if you purchase on separate receipts. It wasn't that clear on their offer page.

So they must be sharing personal data with CheckoutSmart to identify the same individual.

The bit in bold would be against the Data Protection Act and would result in action from the Information Commissioner's Office. I'm sure Matt will confirm that this isn't the case.

Are you sure you didn't upload the same receipt to both platforms? It has previously been confirmed by Quidco that customes CAN redeem an offer with them and again through CheckoutSmart as long as the receipts are separate. This is my understanding of TCB's Snap & Save - perhaps Matt could confirm?
  • JAG
    JAG Posts: 1,304 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    edited 27 December 2015 at 8:53PM
    Crabman wrote: »
    The bit in bold would be against the Data Protection Act and would result in action from the Information Commissioner's Office. I'm sure Matt will confirm that this isn't the case.

They must be using some form of data to identify the same person, or they couldn't police the offer with their terms "This offer is provided by CheckoutSmart and will only be awarded once, whether claimed via Topcashback or via any other publisher in the CheckoutSmart network."
    Crabman wrote: »
    Are you sure you didn't upload the same receipt to both platforms? It has previously been confirmed by Quidco that customes CAN redeem an offer with them and again through CheckoutSmart as long as the receipts are separate. This is my understanding of TCB's Snap & Save - perhaps Matt could confirm?

No. The receipt was only uploaded to Topcashback. I write on the receipt where it was uploaded to, and if with Quidco, the reference number they give when you upload. In case I need to refer back to a receipt.

It was several days later that the same offer appeared on TCB, and after reading the terms decided to buy the item again, since it didn't explicit say only one per person over all cashback networks. It read to me like Quidco and Checkoutsmart, that you could claim on both as long as you got seperate receipts.
    B_M wrote: »
    Good luck to both, but TCB did screw up this time!
    Stay away, well at least until TCB work out how to work these deals!

The item was on multi-buy anyway, so I have only lost a few pence, but it would help if Topcashback confirmed, one way or the other, the situation.

From a marketing point of view, it makes sense to limit these offers to one per person, but they need to make it clear in the terms. Especially, since Quidco/Checkoutsmart were competitors to Topcashback, or so I assumed.
  • B_M
    B_M Posts: 714 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    JAG wrote: »
    No. The receipt was only uploaded to Topcashback. I write on the receipt where it was uploaded to, and if with Quidco, the reference number they give when you upload. In case I need to refer back to a receipt.

It was several days later that the same offer appeared on TCB, and after reading the terms decided to buy the item again, since it didn't explicit say only one per person over all cashback networks. It read to me like Quidco and Checkoutsmart, that you could claim on both as long as you got seperate receipts.

And that's the way it is, according to COS.
    CheckoutSmart .............. I can confirm that you can still submit separate receipts to each partner site and receive the rewards offered by each site. Hope this has been of help smile emoticon

Again, I believe TCB have screwed up since adding the COS offers.
    Maybe go to COS and ask them to confirm why your receipt was declined? Each receipt will have an individual number and COS will know if it's been submitted more than once.

It can be very frustrating dealing with TCB customer service and that's why I prefer to go direct. Any decent reputable merchant should take ownership of issues and take to fruition. If they don't, then that tells you all you need to know about them.
    I'll be testing Hoppa in a few weeks time. ;)
    I'll also be contacting the Post Office soon (not taken via TCB), but this is for a small financial purchase and hope they see sense rather than go down the Ombudsman route.

@TCB Matt, how quick are British Gas at paying for their financial products. Both of mine (different products) state 8 weeks and very surprising no actual payment stats. What's the reason for this? Hoping for 12 weeks maximum to be honest. I think 8 weeks is a tad optimistic?
    No payments from financial products from cash back sites? Put in a complaint direct and if they don't resolve your issue, head straight to the financial ombudsman - it costs the company £550 in referral fees, win or lose.
  • csgohan4
    csgohan4 Posts: 10,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Does TCB only give you cashback on the item ex VAT and Delivery costs??
    "It is prudent when shopping for something important, not to limit yourself to Pound land/Estate Agents"

G_M/ Bowlhead99 RIP
  • B_M
    I've been Money Tipped!
    csgohan4 wrote: »
    Does TCB only give you cashback on the item ex VAT and Delivery costs??

It varies from retailer to retailer.
    I've had cashback many times on the VAT part of the purchase (final price), but other times I've only been paid ex-VAT.
    Who was the merchant? It should state in their t&cs, although TCBs t&cs aren't always the clearest!
    Double check on the likes of:
    http://www.quidco.com/home/
    or on the smaller site:
    http://www.imutual.co.uk/
    (though limited here for merchants)
    No payments from financial products from cash back sites? Put in a complaint direct and if they don't resolve your issue, head straight to the financial ombudsman - it costs the company £550 in referral fees, win or lose.
  • TopCashBack_Company_Representative
    TopCashBack_Company_Representative Posts: 2,184 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hey All,

I hope you had a good Christmas and are looking forward to the New Year.

@Jag – I am sorry your Snap and Save transaction was declined. We do state in our terms and conditions for all our Snap and Save offers:

‘This offer is provided by CheckoutSmart and will only be awarded once, whether claimed via Topcashback or via any other publisher in the CheckoutSmart network.’

CheckoutSmart checks your receipts to see if it has been used before. We do not share any personal data with CheckoutSmart. We only pass on the image of the receipt and an internal reference number to CheckoutSmart for them to validate if the receipt has been used before.

Can you please email us the details of your declined snap and save receipt to mse@topcashback.co.uk please? I can then look into exactly why this was declined for you.

@B_M – We do still use our Fair Play Policy as we use this in all the decisions that we make. However we can only honour any cashback for Snap and Save if the offers terms and conditions are meet. We also have a team that do look through receipts to ensure they are being approved or declined correctly.

We estimate British Gas will progress within 8 weeks. However as they have just changed affiliate networks these estimates may take longer. Once we have enough data to create an estimate we will be able to add this on to the merchant stats. Once we have received your cashback from the merchant we will progress this to payable on your account.

@Crabman – I can confirm we do not share any personal data with CheckoutSmart. The way we use Checkout Smart is to only check if the same receipt has already been claimed on another cashback site. They only see the receipt and no personal data at all.
    I have confirmed the other part in my response to Jag as this is mentioned in the Snap and Save terms and conditions.

@csgohan4 – This is dependent on the merchant as B_M mentioned. This is often mentioned in the merchant notes under the offers we have for that merchant. If you have any specific merchant you would like us to look into for you please do let us know.

I hope this has helped and you all have a good week.

Best Wishes,
    Steven
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of TopCashBack. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • B_M
    I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 29 December 2015 at 5:25PM

We estimate British Gas will progress within 8 weeks. However as they have just changed affiliate networks these estimates may take longer. Once we have enough data to create an estimate we will be able to add this on to the merchant stats. Once we have received your cashback from the merchant we will progress this to payable on your account.

Thanks Steven, hope you're also enjoying the festive period.
    8 weeks surprises myself to be honest as Matt has previously explained, the timescales are there to meet members expectations. A bit like the 30 days for Snap and Save, even though they are quicker than that, generally.
    I'll wait 12 weeks though before chasing as I think that's much more realistic. But I'm willing to be surprised. :D
  • steve1500
    steve1500 Posts: 1,438 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 29 December 2015 at 5:00PM
    Hey All,

CheckoutSmart checks your receipts to see if it has been used before. We do not share any personal data with CheckoutSmart. We only pass on the image of the receipt and an internal reference number to CheckoutSmart for them to validate if the receipt has been used before.

Can you please email us the details of your declined snap and save receipt to [EMAIL="mse@topcashback.co.uk"]mse@topcashback.co.uk[/EMAIL] please? I can then look into exactly why this was declined for you.

Best Wishes,
    Steven

Not sure how they can do that. Many till receipts are now printed back & front. Product on the front date time on the back

Also the product description varies greatly. Tesco's call Gatorade "drink" on receipt or they don't mention manufacturer parsley or basil & so on

I was advised ages ago, when the "stitching" facility packed up that I only needed to photograph the front of the receipt.

Some have gone through ok & some have been rejected as said I only photograph the front of the receipt these days
    Private Parking Tickets - Make sure you put your Subject Access Request in after 25th May 2018 - It's free & ask for everything, don't forget the DVLA :D
  • JAG
    JAG Posts: 1,304 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary

@Jag – I am sorry your Snap and Save transaction was declined. We do state in our terms and conditions for all our Snap and Save offers:

‘This offer is provided by CheckoutSmart and will only be awarded once, whether claimed via Topcashback or via any other publisher in the CheckoutSmart network.’

The problem with my receipt may be that I purchased two different offers on the same receipt, which was then uploaded to Topcashback twice (once for each item), so the same receipt would have been sent to Checkoutsmart with two different reference numbers, which might be the reason why one of them got declined. Even though they were for different items.

So in future, do I need to make sure any Topcashback offer provided by Checkoutsmart contains only one item on the receipt? Checkoutsmart allows you to tick which offers you are claiming on the same one receipt, but Topcaskback I have to upload for each item.

Can you confirm that if the same offer is on Checkoutsmart and Topcashback, you can claim on both if using different seperate receipts?

Direct Line Home Insurance tracked at £42.00 (Home Insurance rate) but a Home Insurance Plus policy was purchased which is £78.75 cashback. Will this uplift to the correct higher rate once I validate the transaction with my policy number? Or should it have tracked at the higher rate?

Thanks
  • csgohan4
    csgohan4 Posts: 10,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    TCB are not very clear with the merchants I have searched, for example Benson for beds

No mention on what portion the Cashback is applied, either pre or post Tax and whether Delivery costs can have cashback.

They really should be clearer.
    "It is prudent when shopping for something important, not to limit yourself to Pound land/Estate Agents"

G_M/ Bowlhead99 RIP
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure