Flight delay and cancellation compensation, Thomas Cook ONLY

Comments

• I have just been told that Thomas Cook have agreed to pay me my compensation of €600 for my delayed flight to Goa from Gatwick in Nov 2008. I ended up using EUClaim who have been fantastic. They ended up taking them to court and Thomas Cook defended the claim and at the last knockings agreed to settle. To be honest with what the defence had in it I wouldnt have been able to deal with this on my own so im happy with what I will get back after EUClaim have taken their little bit out.
  • UPDATE, after getting the 'gob off' letter from TCX following a 6 hour delay back in August, I filed a claim using MoneyClaim online. Had a letter from them stating they would not be defending and sure enough a week later a cheque arrived for £1400.

Sorted!
  • I'm in the middle of a claim for delayed flight to Cuba last year on the plane G-0MYT which is the Thomas Cook plane that's had several delays becuae of technical problems with the engine.

Just to keep people on here updated, we were in court against them on Friday but it's been adjourned until after the outcome of the Huzar case as Jet2 are appealing the decsion on this. So once the EU court of appeal makes a final decison on this, this will probably impact all of our cases.
  • Surely the Huzar case has no legal bearing on the court at the moment because although it is persuasive in its argument, it is not a legal presadent? I have not heard that jet2 are appealing but surely they are playing with fire should they lose.
  • So there is an appeal then? I cannot find any confirmation of this anywhere.
  • Jet2 have applied to the Court of Appeal for leave to appeal.

In the event they are succesful in arguing this, then the appeal will be heard by the Court of Appeal.
  • JPears
    JPears Posts: 5,086 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 18 November 2013 at 1:54PM
    Suz1982 wrote: »
    I'm in the middle of a claim for delayed flight to Cuba last year on the plane G-0MYT which is the Thomas Cook plane that's had several delays becuae of technical problems with the engine.

Just to keep people on here updated, we were in court against them on Friday but it's been adjourned until after the outcome of the Huzar case as Jet2 are appealing the decsion on this. So once the EU court of appeal makes a final decison on this, this will probably impact all of our cases.
    Did you use Huzar as part of your argument?
    If I recall, this is the aircraft that has been plagued with a right hand engine problems for some time?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KjDR916_lKc BANG!!
    http://www.pprune.org/rumours-news/500819-thomas-cook-a332-g-omyt-3-engine-shut-downs-3-weeks.html
    If so you probably don't need Huzar?
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
  • barryb123 wrote: »
    Send them a print off of Huzar and Jet 2.com. There is a link on the first page. This fits exactly into that. Look at paragraph 27. I'm so sure you'll win I'll do it for £50 no win no fee. I guarantee they'll make an offer but turn it down.

just been on bott n co to see if i can make a claim and when i put my details in its says sorry your not due to compensation and was wondering why its saying that
  • batman44
    batman44 Posts: 545 Forumite
    Suz1982 wrote: »
    I'm in the middle of a claim for delayed flight to Cuba last year on the plane G-0MYT which is the Thomas Cook plane that's had several delays becuae of technical problems with the engine.

You don't need the Huzar case, Wallentin case was caused by a issue with the engine, this has already been through all the process's.
    Check out Vaubans Flight Delay Guide, you will be glad you did....:):):)
    Thomas Cook Claim - Settled Monarch Claim - Settled
  • just been on bott n co to see if i can make a claim and when i put my details in its says sorry your not due to compensation and was wondering why its saying that

Hi,

I work for Bott&Co and when I read this the comments did not seem right.

I've spoken with our data providers and they have confirmed there was an error capturing the flight arrival time because of the length of the delay.

They have now rectified that problem and we do believe it is a claimable flight. If tou want to discuss this feel free to give us a call and ask to speak to Kevin Clarke.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure