NatWest £125 switch incentive

Comments

• Snakey wrote: »
    Lol, tried to call them back just now to ask the same question again to see if I get a different answer, and got a recorded message saying that they can't put me through to anybody "due to a building evacuation".

They've not been my lucky bank, this lot.

I've been experiencing this for the last week also.

First account was opened at the end of January in joint name. After submitting ID for both through the Digidocs service, I was told the account had to be reopened because a DOB didn't match. Apparently you can't make ANY changes once the application form had been submitted, so I had to start all over again. That cost 2 weeks although my mistake so I guess fair enough.

New account application made in Feb. Despite doing exactly the same thing this time around (although getting the DoB right!), the joint applicant hasn't been asked to upload any ID to Digidocs. That doesn't stop them getting the texts and e-mail reminders though! My ID is uploaded by the 15th and I make a call to Natwest which prompts a whole fuss because I don't have ANY reference number. Eventually get through to their new customer helpdesk (the number for which isn't ANYWHERE on their website or included in any of the e-mails or texts) and they confirm everything is ok and the application is being finalised.

We get to last week and still haven't heard anything from Natwest (except the reminders to the joint applicant to upload ID, which they can't do, and which Natwest say isn't necessary). Try calling again on Tuesday the 27th of Feb and get that automated message that the building has been evacuated. After 7 attempts I go back to the main customer helpline to tell them I can't get through and they are completely clueless and can only suggest to try again a bit later.

With work commitments and the weather I don't get the opportunity to call again that week. Try again this morning and same repeated message. Get through to the main customer helpline again who tell me that the building has been closed due to the weather (although it was closed before the snow started), and has remained closed due to a pipe leak but should have re-opened this morning except it hasn't.

I'm also informed that Natwest have no backup team available for new customer applications. Apparently nobody else in the entire company is able to help me apart from this one team that now can't work (so I guess they've had the whole week off?). If anybody else is waiting for an update then you're probably in the same situation.

It's now been almost a month since the second application was made (over a month since I started the process of switching to Natwest) and I've had no paperwork at all, no application reference, no updates, nothing except a customer number which no team seems to recognise.

Suffice it to say a complaint has been opened and I will be switching away from them again as soon as we receive the switching bonus.
  • Mchambers
    Mchambers Posts: 1,054 Forumite
    Well done for complaining. Hoped you asked for compensation.
  • LozzaA
    LozzaA Posts: 5 Forumite
    Is anyone else still waiting for their debit card in the post?

Switching needs to start by Friday to be completed by their March 16th deadline.

it's getting a bit too squeaky bum time for my liking.
  • ValiantSon
    ValiantSon Posts: 2,586 Forumite
    LozzaA wrote: »
    Is anyone else still waiting for their debit card in the post?

Switching needs to start by Friday to be completed by their March 16th deadline.

it's getting a bit too squeaky bum time for my liking.

You don't need the NatWest debit card to switch another account to them. If you didn't request a switch when you applied for the account then do so now. You will be in the timescale if you apply for the switch today.
  • clivep
    clivep Posts: 576 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    ValiantSon wrote: »
    You don't need the NatWest debit card to switch another account to them. If you didn't request a switch when you applied for the account then do so now. You will be in the timescale if you apply for the switch today.

The CASS switching terms do say that the debit card number must be entered on the switching instruction if the a/c being switched comes with a debit card.

There have been reports that switches have gone through OK after selecting the "no debit card" when awaiting a debit card to arrive but this is contrary to the instructions and may not always work.
  • retrieverjc
    retrieverjc Posts: 20 Forumite
    edited 7 March 2018 at 7:33PM
    Correct but the poster here is referring to the debit card for the NEW NatWest a/c.
  • eschaton
    eschaton Posts: 2,023 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I take it that you don't need to keep the £1500 in the account until you receive the incentive?
  • derrick
    derrick Posts: 7,424 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    eschaton wrote: »
    I take it that you don't need to keep the £1500 in the account until you receive the incentive?

Correct.

Don`t steal - the Government doesn`t like the competition

• ValiantSon
    ValiantSon Posts: 2,586 Forumite
    clivep wrote: »
    The CASS switching terms do say that the debit card number must be entered on the switching instruction if the a/c being switched comes with a debit card.

There have been reports that switches have gone through OK after selecting the "no debit card" when awaiting a debit card to arrive but this is contrary to the instructions and may not always work.

Yes, I know that, but the person I was replying to is waiting for their NatWest debit card before switching their other account to NatWest. This is not what you are talking about.
  • aj_m
    aj_m Posts: 9 Forumite
    The Natwest switching form asks for the Natwest debit card number. If you don't give it (I misread the form!) you get a text saying they have been unable to complete the switch, with a phone number to ring, so maybe do it withouut then call to explain? The number they gave is 0345 300 4189 (M-F 8-6, Sat 9-1).
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure