PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 26th February 2018

Comments

• kazwookie
    kazwookie Posts: 13,839 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Work done
    Dinner was last nights SC stew, it was yum yum
    Starting to thaw out around here.

Scrimpers, NSD
    Breast Cancer Now 2022 100 miles October 100 / 100miles
    Sun, Sea

2024 7/28 lbs to go.
  • lil_me
    lil_me Posts: 13,186 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 3 March 2018 at 9:28PM
    Fell off. Landed with a really horrific cold then busy at work then the crazy snow came. Have spent until today doing what many 4x4 owners have and getting people out of snow drifts, delivering supplies etc.

I managed to get some catch up today. Dishwashers still not working right which upsets me greatly. We had no bin collection and they are not planning to catch up so can not do much flinging.

Washers back on, going to get the bathroom done I think before bed :) hope everyone is well and those who have had the same weather are coping ok

5lb lighter since I was last in but have spent today on a few bits from the shop to do lasagna
    One day I might be more organised...........:confused:
    GC: £200
    Slinkies target 2018 - another 70lb off (half way to what the NHS says) so far 25lb
  • Narc0lepsy
    Narc0lepsy Posts: 2,661 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Iona what a journey, well done.
    Hugs to Roundtuit and others having a bad time.

Woke up to a foggy morning which gradually warmed up so a lot of the snow is melting, although we didn't have nearly as much as usual or as much as many of you.

Much of the afternoon taken up with MIL who is still rather ill. Mr N rang 111 while we were there, spoke to a doctor and they are ringing back this eve to check progress.

I'm wading through my desperately boring course, access to it expires in 4 days and I'll surely be none the wiser with the new data protection laws than when I started.:(

House in reasonable shape but definitely needs a good clean. Currently searched high and low for the charger to Mr N's tablet which has encouraged other tidying - but it is nowhere to be found.

Birds eating lots of food, but a bit worried I haven't seen the fairies for a while.
    Remember...a layer of dust protects the wood beneath it.
  • Fayolle
    Fayolle Posts: 2,892 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Well me and the GUAG struggled to get going today. I think we finally made it through though. Slinky weigh in showed no change, but I'm ok with that, as I fully expected a gain. NSD again for Scrimpers - nothing yet for March, so I can thank the weather for something!

I went for a walk with a friend this morning. It was hard work trudging, and we had to turn round due to impassable snow drifts, but it was very pretty and the sun did come out. Apart from that, there has been a small amount of flingage, a bit of baking, and..umm....maybe that's it?

Well done, Ionafan, on getting back safely. I would have been a wreck.

ETA - Narc0 - ((hugs)), I hope everything works out ok. I saw a fairy on the feeder today - only the second ever - and I thought of you!
  • Dizzy_Imp
    Dizzy_Imp Posts: 2,755 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Evening ladies! Wine and chocolate in hand, so all is well with the world.

Round - hope the royal visit went well. My DSS's GF thinks we are "laid back". Hahahaha! She had added me on FB, so my slovenly ways can't have put her off. I'm sure you'll pass with flying (geddit?) colours.

Watching something gory and violent on Netflicks, but it does star James Purefoy *swoon*, so sticking with it lol
  • Valli
    Valli Posts: 24,771 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Roundtuit

If your house was 'Ideal Home' immaculate well - that's a hell of a scary thing for a potential future daughter-in-law to walk into - because then she's got to live up to it. As it is she gets to see you're human!

Stop fretting!

Been to see a play with my mum. Well the costumes were good...and the set incredible. But boy did it drag. The case of the frightened lady.

And I have done some PTA account stuff. Finally I seem to be beginning to be able to operate 'normally'. It's been a long haul. And I have been reading too (well re-reading, on the kindle, but that's still a massive improvement).
    Don't put it DOWN; put it AWAY
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
    :heart:Janice 1964-2016:heart:

Thank you Honey Bear
  • kazwookie
    kazwookie Posts: 13,839 Forumite
    Morning

Snowed again last night, but now seems to be thawing
    Cat got me up to feed it, but 5.15am is too early as tomorrow if I give in it will be 5am and so on.
    Breast Cancer Now 2022 100 miles October 100 / 100miles
    Sun, Sea

2024 7/28 lbs to go.
  • Jazee
    Jazee Posts: 8,910 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Morning all. We have sleet this morning. I plan to change the bedding today, nothing else other than that. We are going over to DD's house later to help them prep for moving out.

Have a great day everyone.
    Spend less now, work less later.
  • Valli
    Valli Posts: 24,771 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    More snow overnight and it!!!8217;s just been snowing again.

Heating on but I!!!8217;m back in bed with a coffee and my kindle!
    Don't put it DOWN; put it AWAY
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
    :heart:Janice 1964-2016:heart:

Thank you Honey Bear
  • roundtuit
    roundtuit Posts: 4,013 Forumite
    Awww Roundtuit have a hug x Could DS not have sorted his own room or at least helped? I swear the GF won't be that bothered and presumably DS is old enough to be responsible for some of the house work

Thank you YL xx. DS did clear his floordrobe, tidy and hoover his room. As a general rule all I do in there is empty the bin and open the curtains/ window to 'air' the room :D It's not his fault - I'm impossible to help :o I react very badly to anyone else moving/ 'tidying'/ cleaning/ 'helping' in the rest of the house- it's frustrating for him, his dad (who doesn't live here), and others who want to help ....just writing about it is making me feel uneasy :o
    Narc0lepsy wrote: »
    Hugs to Roundtuit and others having a bad time.

Thank you Narc0 xx. I did the Lame Wolf toss a coin: it works :D. I need to start applying for other jobs, as even though I love my 'actual' job I've had enough of the politics, constant changes, low morale of colleagues....
    Dizzy_Imp wrote: »
    Round - hope the royal visit went well. My DSS's GF thinks we are "laid back". Hahahaha! She had added me on FB, so my slovenly ways can't have put her off. I'm sure you'll pass with flying (geddit?) colours.

Lol, Thank you Dizzy xx I apologised for the house being a tip and GF said she's seen worse. She was nervous, I was nervous, DS was nervous - but we got through, and she wants to come again :T

Rxx
    IT ONLY TAKES SMALL DAILY ACTIONS
    FOR MAGIC TO HAPPEN
    Rosemary Ikpeme
    :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts