Some people get rubbish speeds because the router is not upright!!

13»

Comments

• kwikbreaks
    kwikbreaks Posts: 9,187 Forumite
    Have you called them? It might be a power level problem. As well as the over utilisation problems I had with them once when I investigated a speed problem I found that my power level was way out. I then remembered seing somebody I initially thought was a tramp until I spotted a VM logo on his coat.I'm guessing he was installing a new customer and naffed my connection up when he did so. That got fixed reasonably quickly when I reported it.
  • mongoose2009
    mongoose2009 Posts: 243 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    unless you test with a LAN cable i call BS on a lot of these tests

im not defending VM congestions issues but a lot of people will be using old kit with has only 54 meg wifi anyway
  • boatman
    boatman Posts: 4,699 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    unless you test with a LAN cable i call BS on a lot of these tests

im not defending VM congestions issues but a lot of people will be using old kit which has only 54 meg wifi anyway
    If you are on a 200mbps package and you get 8kbps, I think there are bigger problems than 54 meg wifi..
  • kwikbreaks
    kwikbreaks Posts: 9,187 Forumite
    Plus VM provide the Superhub for 200Mbps packages and that isn't 54g which actually only delivers just north of 20Mbps. - it's b,g,n on 2.4GHz and 802.11ac on 5GHz

VM's Superhubs never were great on WiFi but they'd need to be defectrive to deliver some of the reported speeds.

I'll say again for the upmpteenth time - VM accepted that many of the reported problems were down to over utilisation. By the time the Watchdog was aired they had even upgraded each and every one of the areas those on the show had complained about. I don't think they had a team turning routers through 90 degrees .

From personal experience this issue is common on VM and has been for years - I had 2 prolonged periods of poor performance in the 2 or 3 years I was with them. By poor I wasn't impressed with regular sub 10Mbps from a 50Mbps product/
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure