No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries April 2017

Comments

• dolly84
    dolly84 Posts: 5,851 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    I have a uu

Laura Mercier Almond Coconut Milk Honey Bath - this smells gorgeous although I do find to get lasting bubbles I need to use a fair bit which makes it pricey. WMBA if I can get it half price.

Also some ins

Avon Scent Essence Wild Bergamot 30ml x 2 - this smells of bergamot then dries down to a tea scent, for £2.50 it is a bargain.

Avon Angled Brush
    - only £2 and I already have one for doing my brows which I find very good.
    Debt Free and now a saver, conscious consumer, low waste lifestyler

Fashion on the Ration 28/66
  • 1 UU, Carmex, WBA
    No more goo hoarding!

2018 UU: 9 IN: 1 TA: 0 Total: 58/67
    2017 UU: 50 IN: 16 TA: 2 Total: 42/78 2016 UU: 53 IN: 17 TA: 0 Total: 36/72
    2015 UU: 74 IN: 43 TA: 3 Total: 32/64
    2014 UU: 114 IN: 67 TA: 7 Total: 38/92
  • I haven't been keeping up with the counting but I'm my stash is reducing slowly. Haven't had a lot of purchases recently and even then, only necessities such as shampoo and eye make up remover.

Have been trying to use up a mascara but realised life is too short for rubbish make up, so bought a new one yesterday and my goodness, the difference it makes to my lashes is incredible!

I also need some advice. My skin is looking fairly clogged and dehydrated at the mo. I think it's a combo of a lot of work, some stress, job interviews and not eating as healthily as I usually do. I also need to make a conscious effort to drink more water. My friend recommended the black peel off masks and I'd like to try them, I'm just slightly concerned that I have sensitive skin and that it appears to rip out the fine hair along with the blackheads! Has anyone used these / would you recommend?

Also having a bit of an issue with clogged skin on my back (TMI, sorry!) due to lack of sun and use of fake tan for an event. I try to use silicone free conditioner and Simple body wash as I'm prone to clogging, but wondered if anyone could recommend a treatment or product that might help a bit? TIA :)
  • mcculloch29
    mcculloch29 Posts: 4,972 Forumite
    Rampant Recycler
    asajj wrote: »
    If anyone is interested in , Elemis is looking for product testers by the way.

http://www.elemis.com/elemis-review-panel/

You sign up and if selected, will be contacted

Thank you so much. I know I get a lot of premium brands via Am@zon and am very lucky, but I have never tried Elemis.
    Erma Bombeck, American writer: "If I had my life to live over again... I would have burned the pink candle, sculptured like a rose, that melted in storage." Don't keep things 'for best' - that day never comes. Use them and enjoy them now.
  • SuiDreams
    SuiDreams Posts: 2,393 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    VALM wrote: »
    Yay. Don't mind crushing but don't think I could be bothered re-presssing like I see YouTubers do. Which one will you have UU?

Now completely UU had to UU every last crumb it was 50/50 from UD Naked on the Run palette this one has been almost gone for ages. That's 4 shadows UU this year now.

Also thrown out an OPI mini in A Rose by Dawn...broke by noon. Loved it but it stopped applying properly so in the bin it went. May try and repurchase in full size once I've reduced my collection.

Also finished a foundation at the weekend, stash is going down
  • mcculloch29
    Rampant Recycler
    UU Aldi Lacura Argan Oil Shower Gel. This isn't in their normal off the shelf range but was a Specialbuy.
    WIBA? Yes, visually it's a lovely clear amber gel that gives a really rich, moisturising lather. Doesn't have scent so is good to use before going out if you don't want anything to clash with your perfume or body lotion.
    Erma Bombeck, American writer: "If I had my life to live over again... I would have burned the pink candle, sculptured like a rose, that melted in storage." Don't keep things 'for best' - that day never comes. Use them and enjoy them now.
  • sstevo19
    sstevo19 Posts: 1,493 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    No UUs or INs for me lately. I am nearing finished the mouthwash on my PP list and one hand cream which I'm using on my feet because of the mineral oil because it's the only part of my body that I don't react it on.

So I should have some UUs soon hopefully. Might use a skincare sample tonight to get through them.
  • mcculloch29
    Rampant Recycler

Also having a bit of an issue with clogged skin on my back (TMI, sorry!) due to lack of sun and use of fake tan for an event. I try to use silicone free conditioner and Simple body wash as I'm prone to clogging, but wondered if anyone could recommend a treatment or product that might help a bit? TIA :)

I'm not so sure on products but I would recommend trying a natural bristle body brush regularly - the long handled ones sold as bath brushes are best for the back as you can reach more easily.
    Don't use it wet, try it as a dry body brush as this is good for circulation.

Be careful when buying the brush if you don't have one because some are a lot scratchier than others and will even mark the skin. Price is no guarantee - the worst brush I had was a Sanctuary one (binned) and one I still use came from a pound shop.

General body brushing is great for getting the circulation going, improving skin texture and overall skin health.
  • mcculloch29
    Rampant Recycler
    I just posted this on one of the moneysaving tips threads. I thought I'd post it here too - I've mentioned it before but no harm in mentioning it again.

I have a hourglass shaped shower timer to cut down on the time spent showering, to save electricity and water.
    However, I found it was impossible to shampoo and condition my hair and scrub myself clean in the 4 minutes the timer allowed.

So now I wash and condition my hair in the bathroom sink and rinse off the conditioner in the shower as I scrub down. I scrub down with a body puff of course, by far the most economical way of using shower gel or cream.

Doing it this way also allows the conditioner a little extra time to take effect as I empty and clean the sink, before climbing in to the shower.
  • pinkfluffybabe
    pinkfluffybabe Posts: 2,985 Forumite
    Name Dropper Academoney Grad First Anniversary First Post
    Thank you for the Elemis link!

No UU to report over the last couple of days but I don't think there's much left in my shampoo at the very least so hopefully be reporting that soon.
    Not buying unnecessary toiletries 2024 13/53 UU, 11 IN
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport