Got an email I won a trip to Barcelona, but...

Comments

• georgy-girl
    georgy-girl Posts: 1,079 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Me too.

To be honest only just noticed because when I first saw they email I did'nt looked it just put it through has trash becasue though it was an advertisment - so just looked and got the same.

Maybe a scammy/ virus thing not actually sent from Boots and they hope people will click on the link to find out more about VO5 ot for Ts &Cs.
  • Elsbells21
    Elsbells21 Posts: 1,702 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    BUT all that said.. I think it is damn rude that they know they have made this mistake and have not mailed out to let people know yet! Think of the people who have got that mail and who do not know about this thread. GULP. Unfair I'd say! A mistake like that needs sorting quick sharp to save people embarrassing themselves and getting their hopes up.... they could sort out what they are going to do about it later. Just let them know they/we have NOT won. :/

THIS! :D

The "I'm going to demand full compensation and blah blah blah" seems a little bit demented when it's just an error but they need to get an email out pronto.

Unless we all did win and the hot air balloon is going to be quite packed :eek:
  • I am absolutely fuming, told everyone at work only to find out its a bloody mix up.
  • And another winner here
  • Think of the people who have got that mail and who do not know about this thread. GULP. Unfair I'd say! A mistake like that needs sorting quick sharp to save people embarrassing themselves and getting their hopes up.... they could sort out what they are going to do about it later. Just let them know they/we have NOT won. :/

Exactly! I'm not going to get on the we should/shouldn't get compensation bandwagon - but we definitely should have already had another email! They could have sent one very quickly which just says they're going to call the winner, or something like that. There are definitely lots of people who are at work etc and just saw the email on their phone and didn't have time/ability to find this thread - they'll be even more gutted the longer they have the fake excitement I imagine!
    Comper and general cheapskate :)
  • BUT all that said.. I think it is damn rude that they know they have made this mistake and have not mailed out to let people know yet! Think of the people who have got that mail and who do not know about this thread. GULP. Unfair I'd say! A mistake like that needs sorting quick sharp to save people embarrassing themselves and getting their hopes up.... they could sort out what they are going to do about it later. Just let them know they/we have NOT won. :/

Completely agree...been over an hour now and still no "sorry we made a mistake" email...really do feel sorry for the people who won't have seen this thread and still think they've won :(
  • DUKE
    DUKE Posts: 7,360 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Me too, thought it too good to be true as it hadn't got my name in the email :(
  • Agree that we are all human and that people make mistakes. It is a shame as it is horrible when you get excited and then feel let down. As we all know right now haha. On the compensation side.. well, a mistake is a mistake. Don't think they need to but wouldn't say no to sampling a pot of VO5 ;)
    BUT all that said.. I think it is damn rude that they know they have made this mistake and have not mailed out to let people know yet! Think of the people who have got that mail and who do not know about this thread. GULP. Unfair I'd say! A mistake like that needs sorting quick sharp to save people embarrassing themselves and getting their hopes up.... they could sort out what they are going to do about it later. Just let them know they/we have NOT won. :/

This exactly - I'd have thought their first priority would be to send another email out to correct the first one?

Not every one who got the message will have seen this thread, so there will be plenty of excited people who still think they're going on holiday.
  • Hi I rang them after jumping around the room and calling my family, they told me it had been sent to 9000 people, going to be a lot of very disappointed people out there, you would have thought they would have sent out a follow up email by now saying to ignore it!
  • Considering the comp ended over a month ago you would have thought they would have had time to let down the losers/contact the winner in a professional manner.

ultimately they have not and it all seems a little lazy so no its not an easy mistake! in fact it seems harder to have made this mess so if the person gets into trouble so be it they probably deserve it as does the person who trained that person.

If you are not competent enough to do a job then you shouldn't be doing it.

I have no sympathy.
    Fingers Crossed for the big one in 2015 :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure