IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Private Parking Appeals Ltd

Has anyone had any success with any organisations when complaining about the poor service of Private Parking Appeals Ltd?

In short:
1. I applied to them to challenge a private parking ticket
2. They advise they 'aim to provide a response within 3 working days' but it ran into weeks of me chasing them
3. They claimed they had email problems at their end
4. They claimed they had sent me a document to complete (which I had no record of) and I should check my spam folder
5. I've sent several emails to which I got no response
6. I twice asked to raise a complaint and didn't get a response telling me how
7. I reported them to my bank to initiate a chargeback and when I told Private Parking Appeals Ltd they wrote to me to suggest I had libelled their company and that they were now going to write to my bank about me (surely there's a data protection issue there!)
8. I've submitted to the Legal Ombudsman as I can't progress things any further with PPA.
9. I've since found multiple forum posts about this company (including on here and 3 more examples below but I can't include the links as a new user)

e90post[DOT]com/forums/showthread.php?t=1315081
pepipoo[DOT]com/forums/lofiversion/index.php/t99403.html
scamadviser[DOT]com/check-website/privateparkingappeals.co.uk

Who else can I write to in order to raise awareness?

I know I won't get the £19 back (paid to PPA) but my concern is how many people out there are going through the stresses of dealing with this company whilst, meanwhile, still receiving the threatening letters from the parking charge companies of increasing the fine or issuing court papers and simultaneously still waiting for a response from Private Parking Appeals who advise you not to pay the parking charge company!

Comments

• beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    The Parking Prankster promotes/advertises this company so why not email him
  • henrik777
    henrik777 Posts: 3,052 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    lucageorge wrote: »
    Has anyone had any success with any organisations when complaining about the poor service of Private Parking Appeals Ltd?

In short:
    1. I applied to them to challenge a private parking ticket
    2. They advise they 'aim to provide a response within 3 working days' but it ran into weeks of me chasing them
    3. They claimed they had email problems at their end
    4. They claimed they had sent me a document to complete (which I had no record of) and I should check my spam folder
    5. I've sent several emails to which I got no response
    6. I twice asked to raise a complaint and didn't get a response telling me how
    7. I reported them to my bank to initiate a chargeback and when I told Private Parking Appeals Ltd they wrote to me to suggest I had libelled their company and that they were now going to write to my bank about me (surely there's a data protection issue there!)
    8. I've submitted to the Legal Ombudsman as I can't progress things any further with PPA.
    9. I've since found multiple forum posts about this company (including on here and 3 more examples below but I can't include the links as a new user)

e90post[DOT]com/forums/showthread.php?t=1315081
    pepipoo[DOT]com/forums/lofiversion/index.php/t99403.html
    scamadviser[DOT]com/check-website/privateparkingappeals.co.uk

Who else can I write to in order to raise awareness?

I know I won't get the £19 back (paid to PPA) but my concern is how many people out there are going through the stresses of dealing with this company whilst, meanwhile, still receiving the threatening letters from the parking charge companies of increasing the fine or issuing court papers and simultaneously still waiting for a response from Private Parking Appeals who advise you not to pay the parking charge company!

There are not many options to complain about an unregulated company.
    You could try trading standards.

As for their modus operandi in complaint handling, it's rather all too familiar. Better to stick with the various fora and do it yourself. It's cheaper and you'll know where you are at all times even if not entirely confident in the process. It's rare on the fora not to get an answer but you can always bump the threads for which no threats would be made.
  • This company is a scam. The first time I used them they were great and I passed a couple of friends their way, the next time I used them I had the same problems as you. My friends also experienced the same; no response to emails, no appeal sent etc.

There used to be a user called 4consumerrights who was associated with them but they haven't been active on here since May.

You could try a charge back through paypal? It is wrong that this company are still promoted on a respected blog.
  • pappa_golf
    pappa_golf Posts: 8,895 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    they do not take paypal , so how did you pay them ?
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
  • I am having eactly the same problems/experience with PPA. I'm in a much worse situation - with a great deal more stress - than if I'd never gone to them. They didn't put my appeal in - I did it in the end as no replies to my emails but have been told it's too late so no POPLA number. Meanwhile I'm getting repeated letters from DRP (which can apparently go on for years).
    We ought to do something about these people. Has anyone had any success? Should we inundate the PP site with complaints till they stop advertising them??
  • pappa_golf wrote: »
    they do not take paypal , so how did you pay them ?

They must have stopped using it. I paid through PayPal, albeit quite a while ago now. I got a refund through them, perhaps they stopped taking it as emthere were so many refunds being issued.
    M
  • Sorry to hear your predicament! When I first used them it was great, the second time they just did nothing. Whilst starting with good intentions it has somehow turned into a scam.

They should be reported to the site that is sponsoring them, may also be worth trying trading standards?
  • The directors names are also visible through duedil dot com or companies house
  • waamo
    waamo Posts: 10,298 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Have you read their terms and conditions? It does say what to do if you are not happy.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    I have to agree with waamo here. No protection in law from a bad bargain.

Supposed to be adults and read the terms before we agree to them. See L'Estrange v F Graucob Ltd and then clickthrough agreement such as Comb v. PayPal, Inc.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure