Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • PeterC1989
    • By PeterC1989 24th Oct 19, 10:58 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    PeterC1989
    Bt contract - was on 12 months but switched to 18
    • 24th Oct 19, 10:58 PM
    Bt contract - was on 12 months but switched to 18 24th Oct 19 at 10:58 PM
    I have had a 12 month contract with BT for 2017 and 2018, renewing with the exact same deal each year. I purposely got 12 month contracts as I knew in the future I was likely to move.

Now I guess this will be a no, but just wanted to check. I am indeed moving out in January so was looking at the early exit charges for my 2019 contract which i renewed in April. I have just realised despite the service and price being exactly the same as the last two years, I am now on a 18-month contract. Of course this is my fault for not checking and months have passed since the new contract started.

Is there any way now I can change the length of contract arguing precedence? Or is this a total waste of time.

Any advice appreciated. I can handle paying a few months exit fee but nine would be tough.
Page 1
    • Neil Jones
    • By Neil Jones 24th Oct 19, 11:20 PM
    • 3,081 Posts
    • 2,246 Thanks
    Neil Jones
    • 24th Oct 19, 11:20 PM
    • 24th Oct 19, 11:20 PM
    Not unless you want to pay an early termination fee.
    There is no "precedence" in this regard, its not uncommon to go from one month rolling to 12 to 18 back to rolling to 12 (or whatever), its all dependent on whether you remember to renew it or not.
    • BarGin
    • By BarGin 25th Oct 19, 10:10 AM
    • 837 Posts
    • 129 Thanks
    BarGin
    • 25th Oct 19, 10:10 AM
    • 25th Oct 19, 10:10 AM
    In my experience if you move while in contract you can start a new contract at your current price at your new address.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,918Posts Today

7,352Users online

Martin's Twitter