Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • venomx
    • By venomx 16th Oct 19, 12:28 PM
    • 474Posts
    • 46Thanks
    venomx
    " IS this property occupied "
    • 16th Oct 19, 12:28 PM
    " IS this property occupied " 16th Oct 19 at 12:28 PM
    Received a letter from STW today saying the above. And " our records show that this property is empty but we are still supplying water to it "

I live in a block of flats and the letter has no name on it neither a specific flat which is in the building.

Phone STW and the lady wasn't suree but she said it could have been an old meter as theres not " consumption " on it

When I log in online everything looks correct

Any ideas ?
Page 1
    • Flt. Lt. Biggles
    • By Flt. Lt. Biggles 16th Oct 19, 12:36 PM
    • 237 Posts
    • 116 Thanks
    Flt. Lt. Biggles
    • 16th Oct 19, 12:36 PM
    • 16th Oct 19, 12:36 PM
    Received a letter from STW today saying the above. And " our records show that this property is empty but we are still supplying water to it "

I live in a block of flats and the letter has no name on it neither a specific flat which is in the building.

Phone STW and the lady wasn't suree but she said it could have been an old meter as theres not " consumption " on it

When I log in online everything looks correct

Any ideas ?
    Originally posted by venomx
    Landlords meter?
    Perhaps for an external tap for watering the garden etc? Which may no longer even be there.

Howcome the letter came through your door, when you say it didn't have a number on it? Presumably there is more than one flat in the building?
    Presumably your online access can only show the account registered to your flat (including your flat number)?

Pass the letter to your landlord/managing agent to resolve.
    Last edited by Flt. Lt. Biggles; 16-10-2019 at 12:38 PM.
    • venomx
    • By venomx 16th Oct 19, 12:46 PM
    • 474 Posts
    • 46 Thanks
    venomx
    • 16th Oct 19, 12:46 PM
    • 16th Oct 19, 12:46 PM
    Thanks for the reply.

It didn't come directly through my door, it was lying around downstairs in the communal area where all the post boxes are
    • venomx
    • By venomx 17th Oct 19, 7:27 AM
    • 474 Posts
    • 46 Thanks
    venomx
    • 17th Oct 19, 7:27 AM
    • 17th Oct 19, 7:27 AM
    Severn Trent said disregard the letter. I'll pass it on to the block management incase it involves them.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

250Posts Today

2,421Users online

Martin's Twitter