Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Callum
    • By MSE Callum 21st Aug 19, 9:43 AM
    • 622Posts
    • 197Thanks
    MSE Callum
    0 WOW
    Morrisons trials 30p plastic bag charge - MSE News
    • 21st Aug 19, 9:43 AM
    0 WOW
    Morrisons trials 30p plastic bag charge - MSE News 21st Aug 19 at 9:43 AM
    Supermarket Morrisons is trialling a 30p charge for its reusable plastic bags in some stores in Wales...
    Read the full story:
    'Morrisons trials 30p plastic bag charge'

Click reply below to discuss. If you havenít already, join the forum to reply.
    Read the latest MSE News
    Flag up a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com
    Get the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mail
Page 1
    • Norman Castle
    • By Norman Castle 21st Aug 19, 10:53 AM
    • 8,832 Posts
    • 7,729 Thanks
    Norman Castle
    • 21st Aug 19, 10:53 AM
    • 21st Aug 19, 10:53 AM
    Good. make them £1. A few 10p bags for a £30 supermarket shopping trip is irrelevant to many making bags for life disposable. I've got friends who now have as many of the 10p bags as they had free ones. They throw bags full of 10p bags in the bin to make space in their cupboards.
    If you give reusable bags value by charging more for them they will be valued.
    Last edited by Norman Castle; 21-08-2019 at 10:56 AM.
    Don't harass a hippie. You'll get bad karma.

Never trust a newbie with a rtb tale.
    • dekaspace
    • By dekaspace 21st Aug 19, 11:31 AM
    • 5,170 Posts
    • 4,916 Thanks
    dekaspace
    • 21st Aug 19, 11:31 AM
    • 21st Aug 19, 11:31 AM
    Good. make them £1. A few 10p bags for a £30 supermarket shopping trip is irrelevant to many making bags for life disposable. I've got friends who now have as many of the 10p bags as they had free ones. They throw bags full of 10p bags in the bin to make space in their cupboards.
    If you give reusable bags value by charging more for them they will be valued.
    Originally posted by Norman Castle

Disagree, I carry a backpack with me at all times with a large bag for shopping inside, but sometimes I may forget or have more shopping than expected, or whatever and may not realise until I paid for shopping, so I would have to pay £1 extra for a few items that would hit poorer people hard.
    • Norman Castle
    • By Norman Castle 21st Aug 19, 1:22 PM
    • 8,832 Posts
    • 7,729 Thanks
    Norman Castle
    • 21st Aug 19, 1:22 PM
    • 21st Aug 19, 1:22 PM
    Disagree, I carry a backpack with me at all times with a large bag for shopping inside, but sometimes I may forget or have more shopping than expected, or whatever and may not realise until I paid for shopping, so I would have to pay £1 extra for a few items that would hit poorer people hard.
    Originally posted by dekaspace
    At £1 per bag you and "poorer people" would be less likely to forget. Unwanted £1 bags could be collected from the wealthy and distributed amongst the poor.
    Don't harass a hippie. You'll get bad karma.

Never trust a newbie with a rtb tale.
    • zerog
    • By zerog 22nd Aug 19, 6:48 PM
    • 2,435 Posts
    • 858 Thanks
    zerog
    • 22nd Aug 19, 6:48 PM
    • 22nd Aug 19, 6:48 PM
    Even at £1 I suspect my neighbours will continue buying them and throwing them away. I now collect their reusable bags from the communal bins and sell them to Ocado, or use them myself if they are clean (which they usually are)
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

623Posts Today

5,405Users online

Martin's Twitter