Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Claulat
    • By Claulat 31st Jul 19, 11:24 AM
    • 3Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Claulat
    30 Hours free Childcare support
    • 31st Jul 19, 11:24 AM
    30 Hours free Childcare support 31st Jul 19 at 11:24 AM
    Hi, this is the first time posting here, this question might have already posted but can't find the right answer anywhere.
    I'm self- employed but don't make much money as need to jiggle between daughter, work and house as don't have family around, my husband works full time so we don't qualify for benefits, and I want to know -if someone can help- which income is used to classify for 30 hours free childcare, net income or taxable income?
    Some information I've found mentions net income but other ones talk about taxable income and I'm not sure, When we applied for 30 hours last year, we got them as the way my business was going it looked that we were going to be ok but because of different reasons it didn't work as planned and although I did have an increase from last year, if I take net income I'm just classifying for it but if they use taxable I'm not.
Page 1
    • _shel
    • By _shel 31st Jul 19, 1:51 PM
    • 2,477 Posts
    • 4,590 Thanks
    _shel
    • 31st Jul 19, 1:51 PM
    • 31st Jul 19, 1:51 PM
    https://www.childcarechoices.gov.uk/guides/parents-eligibility-and-application/

Page 15 for self employed
    • Claulat
    • By Claulat 31st Jul 19, 3:20 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Claulat
    • 31st Jul 19, 3:20 PM
    Thanks
    • 31st Jul 19, 3:20 PM
    Thanks, will check now!
    • Claulat
    • By Claulat 31st Jul 19, 3:35 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Claulat
    • 31st Jul 19, 3:35 PM
    • 31st Jul 19, 3:35 PM
    Sorry to bother you but if I'm not wrong it seems that it is net profit minus capital allowances as it says:
    "your net profit (your business income minus your direct expenses,
    other than those needed to buy fixed assets such as buildings,
    vehicles and equipment)"

My capital allowances was equipment so based on this if deducting the capital allowances gets me just under the threshold but my net income is ok we should be fine?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,188Posts Today

5,330Users online

Martin's Twitter