Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • fairy lights
    • By fairy lights 23rd Jun 17, 7:20 AM
    • 8,675Posts
    • 28,901Thanks
    fairy lights
    What's irritating you VI
    • 23rd Jun 17, 7:20 AM
    What's irritating you VI 23rd Jun 17 at 7:20 AM
    Haven't even got out of bed yet and I'm irritated.
    -The badly behaved cat peed in the laundry basket so all my summer clothes have had to go back in the wash and I'll have to wear jeans today.
    -I've pulled a muscle in my leg and have to drag it behind me, quasimodo style
    -OH ate all the bread so I can't have toast for breakfast
Page 399
    • joansgirl
    • By joansgirl 17th Oct 18, 8:54 AM
    • 15,561 Posts
    • 59,256 Thanks
    joansgirl
    Painful spasms in my left hand probably caused by having it in an awkward position all morning yesterday.
    Some people only exist as examples of what to avoid...
    • colinw
    • By colinw 17th Oct 18, 9:28 AM
    • 56,054 Posts
    • 154,313 Thanks
    colinw
    Every time I make a cuppa in here someone comes up to me with a fault I need to look at, sure enough it happened this morning, just got back to me desk when the fire alarm went off for a full evacuation test!, still it is a beautiful Autumn day out there so not all bad
    • colinw
    • By colinw 17th Oct 18, 11:35 AM
    • 56,054 Posts
    • 154,313 Thanks
    colinw
    The A-Z plague has been replaced with a 'What is the most famous X that you've never seen?'
    Originally posted by pollypenny
    I just had a peep on Digital Spy forums and guess what? lots of A-Z threads
    • Pyxis
    • By Pyxis 17th Oct 18, 11:37 AM
    • 40,783 Posts
    • 151,383 Thanks
    Pyxis
    Am annoyed because I got a pizza out of the freezer to defrost this morning (not one you can cook from frozen) and forgot I already had three convenience meals in the fridge.
    (I just lurve spiders! )
    INFJ(Turbulent).

Her Greenliness Baroness Pyxis of the Alphabetty, Pinnacle of Peadom and Official Brainbox
    Founder Member: 'WIMPS ANONYMOUS' and 'VICTIMS of the RANDOM HEDGEHOG'
    I'm in a clique! It's a clique of one! It's a unique clique!
    • Pyxis
    • By Pyxis 17th Oct 18, 11:43 AM
    • 40,783 Posts
    • 151,383 Thanks
    Pyxis
    Yeah there is not much work in here at the moment as well, I am thinking what I can do today as well..I am also wondering why my ip is blocked at home again I did think at one point I might have been banned for posting a rude Postman Pat video yesterday
    Originally posted by colinw
    I never saw a rude photo of Postman Pat!
    (I just lurve spiders! )
    INFJ(Turbulent).

Her Greenliness Baroness Pyxis of the Alphabetty, Pinnacle of Peadom and Official Brainbox
    • colinw
    • By colinw 17th Oct 18, 11:44 AM
    • 56,054 Posts
    • 154,313 Thanks
    colinw
    I never saw a rude photo of Postman Pat!
    Originally posted by Pyxis
    I deffo posted it in reply to a post by Sunny Intervals...it does have terrible language in it though so not linking to it again, I am not pushing my luck
    • suki1964
    • By suki1964 17th Oct 18, 12:02 PM
    • 12,344 Posts
    • 32,916 Thanks
    suki1964
    Arthritis

Not content with already taking up residence in my neck, its now moved in on my left wrist and elbow

Getting older is a pain, literally
    if you lend someone £20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it
    • Pyxis
    • By Pyxis 17th Oct 18, 1:00 PM
    • 40,783 Posts
    • 151,383 Thanks
    Pyxis
    I had a couple of things to buy in WH Smith's last week, so while I was in there, I had a look round, and ended up buying three gadgety things as well.

When I got home, removed the gadgety things from the Fort Knox packaging, they all turned out to be useless pieces of cheap carp.
    About £20 down the drain.
    (I just lurve spiders! )
    INFJ(Turbulent).

• joansgirl
    • By joansgirl 17th Oct 18, 1:17 PM
    • 15,561 Posts
    • 59,256 Thanks
    joansgirl
    Bloody Tesco

Last time I went (fortnight ago) I bought a pack of hedgehog food. Today they had none on the shelves so I asked an assistant and she said it had been "withdrawn from sale due to the space being needed for the dog and cat Christmas stockings"

So that meant an unscheduled diversion to Pets at Home where they did at least have some on the shelves, even though the price would seem to suggest it's gold plated

This unscheduled diversion....the A4 was down to 1 lane while they do yet more road works causing a massive jam that stretched back a couple of miles so took ages to get there and back, that has made me very late getting home and now I can't be arsed to take the dog out
    • joansgirl
    • By joansgirl 17th Oct 18, 1:19 PM
    • 15,561 Posts
    • 59,256 Thanks
    joansgirl
    And another thing, if my neighbours don't cut their grass soon there will be an unexpected bonfire when I set fire to it all
    • coffeehound
    • By coffeehound 17th Oct 18, 1:20 PM
    • 3,596 Posts
    • 6,636 Thanks
    coffeehound
    I just had a peep on Digital Spy forums and guess what? lots of A-Z threads
    Any 'what's the most famous XYZ you haven't seen/visited/eaten?' threads
    • colinw
    • By colinw 17th Oct 18, 1:22 PM
    • 56,054 Posts
    • 154,313 Thanks
    colinw
    Any 'what's the most famous XYZ you haven't seen/visited/eaten?' threads
    Originally posted by coffeehound
    It looked like the whole first page was filled with them different name on there he has of course
    • suki1964
    • By suki1964 17th Oct 18, 1:24 PM
    • 12,344 Posts
    • 32,916 Thanks
    suki1964
    Forgot to put the sugar in the muffin mix, then added too much milk and now wondering if the darn things are even going to rise
    if you lend someone £20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it
    • colinw
    • By colinw 17th Oct 18, 1:25 PM
    • 56,054 Posts
    • 154,313 Thanks
    colinw
    Forgot to put the sugar in the muffin mix, then added too much milk and now wondering if the darn things are even going to rise
    Originally posted by suki1964
    Nope and they will taste rubbish

* How to win friends and influence people by C Watts *
    • coffeehound
    • By coffeehound 17th Oct 18, 1:25 PM
    • 3,596 Posts
    • 6,636 Thanks
    coffeehound
    Last time I went (fortnight ago) I bought a pack of hedgehog food.
    Originally posted by joansgirl
    Hedgehog fud? Hadn't heard of that before. What's in it?
    • suki1964
    • By suki1964 17th Oct 18, 1:28 PM
    • 12,344 Posts
    • 32,916 Thanks
    suki1964
    Nope and they will taste rubbish

* How to win friends and influence people by C Watts *
    With Nutella melting middles???? I don't think so

Just checked, they are rising
    • colinw
    • By colinw 17th Oct 18, 1:32 PM
    • 56,054 Posts
    • 154,313 Thanks
    colinw
    With Nutella melting middles???? I don't think so

Just checked, they are rising
    but no sugar
    • joansgirl
    • By joansgirl 17th Oct 18, 1:49 PM
    • 15,561 Posts
    • 59,256 Thanks
    joansgirl
    Hedgehog fud? Hadn't heard of that before. What's in it?
    Originally posted by coffeehound
    This is what I bought today, it's a dry pelleted complete food that hopefully won't appeal to the local moggies!

Spike's Dinner is a crunchy and munchy chicken based food that is made with only the finest natural ingredients and full of natural goodness. Spike's Dinner is highly digestible and nutritious and the crunchiness of the biscuit will help to maintain his healthy teeth and gums. Feeding Spike's Dinner regularly will encourage hedgehogs to visit your garden all year round, it is also useful for helping late born Hoglets to gain sufficient weight to survive the winter.

Suitable for Hedgehogs of all ages.
    Ingredients...Poultry Meat Meal, Wheat, Wheat feed, Maize, Rice, Poultry Oil, Linseed, Yeast, Minerals & Vitamins, EC Permitted Preservatives.
    • Pyxis
    • By Pyxis 17th Oct 18, 1:49 PM
    • 40,783 Posts
    • 151,383 Thanks
    Pyxis
    Bloody Tesco

Last time I went (fortnight ago) I bought a pack of hedgehog food. Today they had none on the shelves so I asked an assistant and she said it had been "withdrawn from sale due to the space being needed for the dog and cat Christmas stockings"

So that meant an unscheduled diversion to Pets at Home where they did at least have some on the shelves, even though the price would seem to suggest it's gold plated

This unscheduled diversion....the A4 was down to 1 lane while they do yet more road works causing a massive jam that stretched back a couple of miles so took ages to get there and back, that has made me very late getting home and now I can't be arsed to take the dog out
    Wot, you mean you didn't get a hedgehog Christmas stocking? Tut tut.

You could have muffin pancakes!

Now to be muffin soufflè pancakes!
    but no sugar
    Add it afterwards, with a squeeze of lemon!

Now I want pancakes.
    (I just lurve spiders! )
    INFJ(Turbulent).

• coffeehound
    • By coffeehound 17th Oct 18, 2:09 PM
    • 3,596 Posts
    • 6,636 Thanks
    coffeehound
    I had a couple of things to buy in WH Smith's last week, so while I was in there, I had a look round, and ended up buying three gadgety things as well.

When I got home, removed the gadgety things from the Fort Knox packaging, they all turned out to be useless pieces of cheap carp.
    About £20 down the drain.
    Originally posted by Pyxis
    So much stuff is literally rubbish these days it's depressing! I'm getting better at not buying things these days for that reason. It's just the nice old/vintage things in charity shops I have trouble with not buying now

This is what I bought today, it's a dry pelleted complete food that hopefully won't appeal to the local moggies!
    That's interesting, so it's very omnivore food. Nice of you to look after your local 'hogs, they seem to be very rare these days
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

30Posts Today

3,572Users online

Martin's Twitter