Littlewoods BNPL help

Options
I bought some things from littlewoods last November on buy now pay later and have just paid it all off as it's due in 2 days. My balance still shows the interest from this order and hasn't been taken off, also I allocated this payment to the BNPL section and it still says I have to make a minimum payment by the 15th of November for £7.20.

I have completely cleared my account so do I still need to make the minimum payment even tho I don't owe anything?

Thanks

Comments

• AndyPix
    AndyPix Posts: 4,847 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    What do Littlewoods say when you asked them ??
  • klee88
    klee88 Posts: 23 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    It was a foreign call centre and even after explaining 2 or 3 times he told me I have to pay the interest even tho I paid in full before the due date. Then put me on hold and came back and told me I just have to wait a few days to see if it comes off my balance, I haven't got a few days it says minimum payment due by 15th November still even tho my balance is clear.
  • born_again
    born_again Posts: 14,435 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    So was it a interest free BNPL?, 1 year seems a long time for it to be interest free?

Have you been making monthly payments? or was it just one payment to pay the full balance?
    Life in the slow lane
  • AndyPix
    AndyPix Posts: 4,847 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Have you literally just made the payment ? Because it usually takes a day or 2 to register and update its self when I make a payment
  • shaun_from_Africa
    Options
    born_again wrote: »
    So was it a interest free BNPL?, 1 year seems a long time for it to be interest free?

1 year is the only interest free period offered by Littlewoods.
    Choose from:
    A delayed payment period of 12 months and then a repayment period of 104 weeks when you spend £50 or more.

A delayed payment period of 12 months and then a repayment period of 156 weeks when you spend £99 or more
    And paying off the balance before the first payment is fine by them:
    You can avoid paying all interest for both periods by paying the cash price before the end of the delayed payment period. This can be done in one full payment or multiple partial payments.

https://www.littlewoods.com/bnpl.page
  • zoob
    zoob Posts: 574 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    AndyPix wrote: »
    Have you literally just made the payment ? Because it usually takes a day or 2 to register and update its self when I make a payment

Check your credit agreement, lots of BNPL deals require payment received into there bank account by the date given rather than the date you pay it
    It can take 24-72 hours normally, you might have paid it but it’s still owed until banking system put funds into there account
  • unholyangel
    unholyangel Posts: 16,863 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Does this help OP? Do you have a non BNPL balance?
    Do I still have to pay my minimum payment?
    Yes, allocating payments to Buy Now Pay Later will not cover the minimum payment for your Littlewoods account. If you have a non-Buy Now Pay Later balance on your Littlewoods account, you will still need to make at least your minimum payment as shown on your statement.
    You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means - Inigo Montoya, The Princess Bride
  • klee88
    klee88 Posts: 23 Forumite
    Options
    No I don't have a non bnpl balance as this is the only order I've made in the last year and my balance was clear prior to this. Statement says the interest is £96.27 which won't be charged if I pay the £66 I owed by the 15th November 2019, the £66 has dropped off my balance and now says £96.27 so the interest still there.

It's the minimum payment bit I'm worried about, after allocating the £66 to my bnpl section it's still says I have to make a minimum payment of £7 by the 15th even tho I don't owe anything
  • amersall
    amersall Posts: 17,005 Forumite
    Options
    Did you pay this account online and did you get email from them to show the payment?.
    If you did, then the interest should now be showing as credit, check your account again.
    If the balance is clear on the account then the payment due is not to be paid.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure