Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Archna
    • By MSE Archna 5th Aug 08, 6:12 PM
    • 1,874Posts
    • 6,140Thanks
    MSE Archna
    0 WOW
    Cheap Airport Parking Discussion
    • 5th Aug 08, 6:12 PM
    0 WOW
    Cheap Airport Parking Discussion 5th Aug 08 at 6:12 PM

This thread is specifically to discuss the

Click reply to discuss
    Last edited by MSE Jenny; 04-11-2008 at 1:44 PM.
    Report inappropriate posts: forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

Page 4
  • nematoad
    I recently flew from stanstead and used parkandgo.co.uk to arrange valet parking. It was very cheap (less than the long stay car park) and I found a voucher code on my!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! to get another 7% off. They recently emailed me offering 10% off over easter with the following code: EASTER10.

They offered a very good service, with a guy waiting to collect the car when we got there and a quick phone call to bring the car back when we arrived back.
    • hollydays
    • By hollydays 14th Jul 11, 3:38 PM
    • 17,780 Posts
    • 13,902 Thanks
    hollydays
    skyparkssecure
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/6149457/Airport-parking-at-owners-risk-travel-advice.html
  • opalspark
    Don't use ACE meet and greet
    Hi,

We tried ACE meet and greet at Gatwick, having found them on this website.

On departure, we discovered 'our greeter' negotiating himself a backhander, with someone who had not arranged parking. He was rude and refused to arrange us another greeter.

Greeters from other companies laughed and made comments like 'You get what you pay for'

On the return trip we had to wait 3o minutes from our telephone call.

We won't be using them again, at any price.
  • broughfield
    Just booked a Airport Parking at Luton courtesy of Direct Line Car Insurance for a long weekend trip to bordeaux.

Using APHs Car Parks at the majority of UK Airports simply get a quote from the following URL and continue through to booking if youre happy with it @ aph.com/partners/directline/index

Good luck.
  • mvine01
    Excellent Meet and Greet service from Stansted Airport
    It has been interesting to read all the positive and negative feeds about Airport Parking.

I have used many Airport Parking companies in the past but i recently found a company called "Go Park 'n' Fly" with whom i booked Orange Meet & Greet Airport Parking at Stansted Airport. I could not fault the website information or the parking.

I have never used a Meet and Greet service in the past, but definately will again as i can highly recommend it; just simply for the convenience of a speedy get-away!
    • blindman
    • By blindman 7th Feb 12, 4:36 PM
    • 5,238 Posts
    • 4,227 Thanks
    blindman
    Possible FREE parking at various airports
    Essential travel have a price guarantee which seems to be fallible- i.e you can find prices to beat them and hence get free parking.

The credit goes to hotUKdeals

Im just mentioning it here as Ive not seen it on MSE and it still seems to be valid

I got a 21 day parking stint at LHR for free (Purple Parking with ITT code was 70) by getting their quote(for another car park provider) and then finding a cheaper one with the same provider.

I paid for their quote (and just to be safe added the 50p claim waiver fee) and then emailed CS.
    I was contacted by their CS within 24 hours who told me my claim was valid and my CC was refunded the original cost 3 working days later.

I used Airport-parking- Shop to find cheaper comparisons. There are other such as
    Parking4less.

Oh and don't forget to go Through Quidco or TCB-Quidco tracked for me-and I got paid 7.00 to park.

Good luck!
    Last edited by blindman; 02-05-2012 at 9:31 AM.
    • Vikki_74
    • By Vikki_74 7th Feb 12, 8:47 PM
    • 749 Posts
    • 662 Thanks
    Vikki_74
    blindman thanks for this, could be really good. Essential Travel have meet & greet parking at Liverpool for 49.99, found elsewhere for 46.00 so booked (with the 50p cancellation waiver just in case) and emailed them to see what they say.

I've been meaning to sort our airport parking for ages so this came along just at the right time...just have to keep my fingers crossed now and see what they come back with.
    • blindman
    • By blindman 13th Feb 12, 8:49 PM
    • 5,238 Posts
    • 4,227 Thanks
    blindman
    blindman thanks for this, could be really good. Essential Travel have meet & greet parking at Liverpool for 49.99, found elsewhere for 46.00 so booked (with the 50p cancellation waiver just in case) and emailed them to see what they say.

I've been meaning to sort our airport parking for ages so this came along just at the right time...just have to keep my fingers crossed now and see what they come back with.
    Originally posted by Vikki_74
    Did you get a positive answer?

I've just claimed again for LHR-waiting for the response.
    • Vikki_74
    • By Vikki_74 13th Feb 12, 10:31 PM
    • 749 Posts
    • 662 Thanks
    Vikki_74
    I got a no but it was my own fault to be honest - think I got too excited at the thought of a freebie and somehow didn't notice that the cheaper price was with a different meet and greet company so they turned it down, fair enough.

I'm currently in the process of trying again though - booked for 27.99 with Essential Travel and a couple of other sites including Purple Parking have exactly the same car park (being overly cautious this time so have checked the addresses and everything!!) for 22.99 so will be sending them an email shortly....I'll let you know how I get on.

Oh and cash back from TCB has tracked on the original booking - do not expect in the slightest to get anything from that if & when they do validate a price guarantee claim, but worth a shot...would be doubly nice to get paid for parking!!
    Last edited by Vikki_74; 13-02-2012 at 10:43 PM.
    • blindman
    • By blindman 14th Feb 12, 3:04 PM
    • 5,238 Posts
    • 4,227 Thanks
    blindman
    for 22.99 so will be sending them an email shortly....I'll let you know how I get on.

Oh and cash back from TCB has tracked on the original booking - do not expect in the slightest to get anything from that if & when they do validate a price guarantee claim, but worth a shot...would be doubly nice to get paid for parking!!
    Originally posted by Vikki_74
    I got another freebie

CS replied within 24 hrs.

Your price match has been successful and the booking price has now been refunded back to your account this will show in 2-3 days
    Forgot to go through Quidco but if it had tracked would only have been 1.50
    • Vikki_74
    • By Vikki_74 14th Feb 12, 6:11 PM
    • 749 Posts
    • 662 Thanks
    Vikki_74
    Woo hoo...claim number two was a success, just had email back to confirm!! So total outlay for 5 nights parking = 50p, not bad going 3.36 & 1.88 have tracked through on my TCB account so far - expect they'll change to 0 at some point but you never know.

Thanks so much for posting this, you've saved us at least 20 - off to Paris so that's an overpriced trip up the Eiffel Tower paid for
    • glenbois
    • By glenbois 1st Mar 12, 12:09 PM
    • 149 Posts
    • 40 Thanks
    glenbois
    I can only find car parks with a discount included to beat essential travel, the essential travel guarantees excludes parking that have discounts.

Did you manage to find cheaper parking without discounts and I am being unlucky? or did you take screen shots and email these to essential parking with the discounts and they ignored that part of their price promise guarantee?

Thanks
    • Classy_Chick06
    • By Classy_Chick06 1st Mar 12, 1:19 PM
    • 4,147 Posts
    • 63,360 Thanks
    Classy_Chick06
    I am also on the lookout to booking airport parking but essential travel seems to be coming up the cheapest for me too, where else could i look? any ideas?
    It`s nice to be important, but its more important to be nice.
    The world is full of people throwing stones at us. Its what you do with them that counts. Build a wall or build a bridge.
    • dekd
    • By dekd 13th Mar 12, 12:45 PM
    • 14 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    dekd
    Thank you VM!! Free Parking ;)
    Booked with Essential Travel yesterday after seeing this thread and the then making sure I could find cheaper. I got a cheaper price by all of 48p and sent the email to CS. resonse received today to confirm free parking in view of the price promise !

BTW - Park and go was the site I used for the best price to ge the deal.

Absolutely made up with a nice little freebie.

Email from CS -

" Hi XX,
    Further to your email, I'm happy to say your price match has been accepted and 23.90 has been refunded back onto your card! You now get to park for free!

Should you need to talk to me further on this matter please feel free to reply to this email.

Kind Regards

XXXX.
    Operations Assistant
    Essential Travel Ltd.
    Customer Services
    www.essentialtravel.co.uk
  • Bubbahut
    I am also on the lookout to booking airport parking but essential travel seems to be coming up the cheapest for me too, where else could i look? any ideas?
    Originally posted by Classy_Chick06

The only site i could find to beat my quote was Travel republic and i am just waiting after emailing Essential Travel re price guarantee
  • Wammer
    My claim was rejected because it took Essential Travel 3 days to reply by which time the price with the other provider had gone up. They wouldn't honour it despite me having a screenshot of the lower price.
  • Bubbahut
    It took them a week but have today had an email confirming that they are honouring my claim and they have today refunded me 68.99 making my 5 days parking at Birmingham airport in the short stay multi storey just 50p
  • Wammer
    I put in another claim on Friday morning and still haven't had a reply either way.
    • emh
    • By emh 29th Mar 12, 1:49 PM
    • 133 Posts
    • 36 Thanks
    emh
    Hi

How do you attach a screen shot to the email? I don't have a proper email adress for them only the link they give on their website.

thanks
  • Wammer
    Hi

How do you attach a screen shot to the email? I don't have a proper email adress for them only the link they give on their website.

thanks
    Originally posted by emh
    There is a link to an email address for them on that page. Save the screenshot to a Word document and attach that if you don't use Outlook.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

168Posts Today

1,962Users online

Martin's Twitter