Notice Pay

Options
Hi,

I was made redundant from work on 22/05. I had worked for the company for less than a year. I was told by the insolvency practitioner to claim for a week's statutory notice online on the government website which I have done.

I've noticed in my contract it states that I get 1 months notice. Does this still count as the company is insolvent? I've read somewhere that I should be entitled to statutory notice of 1 week or the contractual notice period (which is 1 month) whichever is longer, I'm not site of this is correct or not?

Thanks

Shaun

Comments

• Scorpio33
    Scorpio33 Posts: 745 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I am sorry to hear about your news. I have been through it 5 times myself and things do get better.

If the company is insolvent, the company has no money to pay you any notice, so you won't get any notice pay. The insolvency practioner will try and maximise the assets the company has to raise cash, which may mean you could get a percentage of what you are owed, but don't expect anything. Put the claim in for anything unpaid with the insolvency practitioner and hope for the best.

Claiming from the government gives you the statutory minimum redundancy pay.
  • McKneff
    McKneff Posts: 38,823 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Op haz workedthere less than a year so statotory

Redundancy is not applicable.

Claim tour notice perios from the goverment, it will be 1 week. No more
    make the most of it, we are only here for the weekend.
    and we will never, ever return.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport