Options

Comments

• EarlyRetirement
    EarlyRetirement Posts: 74 Forumite
    edited 3 July 2018 at 7:19PM
    Options
    Check In 3/31

NSD 2/15

Set budgets - Today's spends were on petrol £12.00 & salad for tea £2.00.Posted 5 parcels today, no cost to me.
    Use things up - Make potato salad for tea with home grown potatoes & chives.
    Every Day - Grateful for - The sunshine, home grown food and not coughing very much today.
    Jump - Had to go visit a client today and as it was local I walked there and back. :)
    Lose the excess - Been in the garage and sorted 2 bags of rubbish to go to the tip. Been making an effort to drink plenty of water today and eat healthy, hopefully I will lose a few lbs when I weigh on the weekend.

Have a good evening all.
  • Omg7kdebt
    Omg7kdebt Posts: 8 Forumite
    Options
    I know I’m a few days late - please can I join?
    Sealed pot challenge #051

Attempting to pay down 7k debt before 2019.
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,708 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Today I am grateful for plenty of walking, for a good session with my counsellor, for meeting up with an old friend, for being content with my lot (at the mo, anyway!), for my lovely dd, for the non-gardening neighbours actually starting to clear their totally overgrown back garden, for a super long phone call with big sis, for aldee's sweet chilli sausages.
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • mummylewis
    mummylewis Posts: 91 Forumite
    Options
    Evening all

Knew today would be spendy so still on 2/18 NSDs. Spent £40 at Aldi, total is a lot less than it would have been if I went to Sainsburys though! Meal planned and wrote a list, stuck to the list - win.

Grateful today for DD being super well behaved at playgroup in a new setting, and (never thought I'd say this at all) England doing well **no spoilers here:eek: **

Tomorrow should be spend free so will check in again then.

Have a great evening all :)

MLx
    Money Saving since 2016 and determined to be debt free by 2020.
  • gien
    gien Posts: 1,649 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    checking in for today and yesterday. Monday was a NSD, I went to work, came home ate and went to bed pretty much. Today though I went and got all the supplies for my baking for the market, so I am ready to go when ever I want.
    I've not done any exercise because I 'tweaked' one fo the tendons in my groin so spent most of yesterday with a gentle limp - much better today though I have to say
    Trying to keep in budget.

• indigowarrior
    indigowarrior Posts: 745 Forumite
    Options
    Spend day. Bought some slimming world stuff. Feeling a little low today but hopefully will pick up soon.
    No Spend November 2/15 and SPC 134
  • swimminginaseaofdebt
    Options
    Evening everyone,

Day 3 update:
    • NSDs - 15 - 2/15
    • Check in every day - will try my best - 3/31
    • Jump - will walk as much as I can, would like to do other forms of exercise but being a single parent of a 2 year old puts a stop to this. Wish there was affordable gyms with crèche facilities - walked to the library and back
    • Social - have 1 lunch planned and 1 potential dinner. Will allow a visit or two to soft play with the little one - missed the lunch as little one has a sickness bug
    • Lose the excess - will try to declutter the flat a little - big sis gave me 2 massive bags of clothes for the little one so flat is now even more cluttered!
    • Yearly - build up my Amazon balance through surveys for nephews birthday in October and presents next year - £10 Argos voucher redeemed from Valued Opinions
    VSPC 2019 #10 - £168.80/£100 VSPC 2020 #4 - £262.03/£200 VSPC 2021 #9 - £242.88/£200 VSPC 2022 #3 - £188.03/£200 VSPC 2023 #7 - £0/£200
  • misstara
    misstara Posts: 3,880 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Still on 1/13 NSDs as went for a drink with a friend and also did a very small top up shop. Went for a run which was very hard going in the heat but feel better for doing it :)
    Debt Dec 2022 - £2972.68. Current debt - £0 (100% paid). Flat deposit - £10552.61/£15000 (70.4% saved). Emergency fund - £1428.98/£1500 (95.3% saved).
  • shabbychic12
    shabbychic12 Posts: 315 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Checking in for the first time in July. First 3 days have been real spend days so hoping for tomorrow and Thursday to be my first nsd of the month. On the plus side l did find £5 on the floor and hv added it to my jar.
    Count down to retirement 2023
  • sashanut
    sashanut Posts: 3,252 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Hi all :j

Will try for 13 NSDs & hope to get nearer to 20....2/13 still

Set your budgets not yet done
    Use Most definitely want to do this; have a mountain of food & stuff to clear. Have been sorting but it is a big task, not made easier by being unwell for the past few days & find the hot weather difficult especially when unwell. Will record progress on here to call me to account. Must view house as massive shop full of items which can be (mostly) sold. Have already discovered loads of clothes etc than I can either wear or sell. Also have makeup & toiletries, need not buy any of those either..still a bit poorly but managed to wash & iron some clothes & list a few on FB selling sites. One sold straight away but they've not paid yet, if the others don't go I will list on ebay..looks like all 3 people who expressed interest paid up, so 3 items sold..will post them out tomorrow & list more.

Revisit Targets were like other peoples I think, to lose weigh (not really); to declutter - some progress; to stop wasting money - also some progress there..will list any weight losses/stuff leaving the house/money gained by selling...when it happens.. OK £44.26 so far..

Vacation Have already booked to go to Ireland for 3 weeks from July; aim to sell some stuff to pay for spends over there. Will also be planning some days out & at least another visit to the Old Country later in the year, probably 2. Started to list stuff but no income as yet, income now as above - need to earmark it so it doesn't get assimilated into community chest!

Value Always do try to use cashback sites where possible, and find value for money in shopping. Also have a card which gives me vouchers; and do some work which pays in vouchers too. Use cheaper supermarkets & have HB & Fultons here as well, which are both good for some stuff. Shopping day today, will menu plan tomorrow & maybe another small shop this week to get a few bits not available in the discounters.

Every Checking in 3/31

Gratitudes: Sales of a few things already; some stuff taken to CS; properly on the mend now & feeling much better; DH negotiating a much cheaper deal with the BB provider; picking hg raspberries in the evening cool.

Jump No jumping here either but in the garden every day when possible. Do try to drink water but struggle with this. In the garden this morning & tonight, mainly to water..

Unless budgeted, no takeaways, coffee shops, lunches out etc. Nope

Perhaps keep track on here of items/ lbs lost and £s made:
    So far have put on a pound & made £44 :rotfl:

Yearly we are halfway through 2018. Good idea, will have a big list of outside jobs that need doing/big/small & in between. Making big list tomorrow; also one of items to take to Ireland with us; menu planning; will be a very listy day tomorrow..

Go turtles!
    New start JAN15 - NOT BUYING IT 2015 :eek:. Long haul DFW #145 : 2011 DEBTBUSTING : £5500 OD GONE, £2000 OD - GONE £93,610.30 cc & loan debt - GONE 27.6.14 FINALLY DEBT & MORTGAGE FREE :happyhear
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure