PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Disappearing Threads and the like

Comments

• zippychick
    zippychick Posts: 9,364 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    thanks to those who have started new thread

Also i've had some very kind thankful comments in threads and a lovely PM of thanks, you're all too cute!

Zip
    A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men :cool:
    Norn Iron club member #380

• cafelady
    cafelady Posts: 117 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    I actually think it's good practice to restart long running threads, say yearly. I think long running threads with hundreds and hundreds of pages can put off new people from joining in. There's so much to read through and they can seem a bit overwhelming to newcomers.
  • caronc
    caronc Posts: 8,078 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    cafelady wrote: »
    I actually think it's good practice to restart long running threads, say yearly. I think long running threads with hundreds and hundreds of pages can put off new people from joining in. There's so much to read through and they can seem a bit overwhelming to newcomers.
    That's good point :) though some threads get huge quite quickly so a year would be too long. On another forum I belong to threads need to be "capped" at 2000 posts and a new one started.
  • Hi,

I'm posting on a thread. After a day or even less my post in the thread and even some others after me disappear. How can this happen? Is someone deleting my post and others?
  • Primrose
    Primrose Posts: 10,620 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    I must plead gui,ty as charged for occasionally clicking on a Spam button even though I am immediately mortified and “unrepor” it immediately. As somebody else has pointed out, its incredibly easy to do this accidentally on a tablet because most of us are right handed and flick up screens on the right hand part of the screen,exactly where the SPAM button is located.

Could the SPAM button be relocated to where the THANKS button is found? I think might prevent a lot of accidents with tablet users.
  • zippychick
    Ozalman wrote: »
    Hi,

I'm posting on a thread. After a day or even less my post in the thread and even some others after me disappear. How can this happen? Is someone deleting my post and others?

Hi, I can see two posts. This one, and the one here

If you believe posts are being deleted on you, please contact the team on forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

Spam posts and duplicate posts are most commonly deleted

Kindest regards
    Zip

• zippychick
    Primrose wrote: »
    I must plead gui,ty as charged for occasionally clicking on a Spam button even though I am immediately mortified and “unrepor” it immediately. As somebody else has pointed out, its incredibly easy to do this accidentally on a tablet because most of us are right handed and flick up screens on the right hand part of the screen,exactly where the SPAM button is located.

Could the SPAM button be relocated to where the THANKS button is found? I think might prevent a lot of accidents with tablet users.
    Really great feedback but might be better posted up in the Site feedback board Primrose. I don't think your intended audience will see your post here

Kindest regards

Zip

• Primrose
    Primrose Posts: 10,620 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    I would report it there if only I could find it, but have searched and can't find anything ! Does anybody have a link please?
  • I_Love_comps
    I_Love_comps Posts: 2,293 Senior Ambassador
    First Anniversary Photogenic I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Name Dropper
    Primrose wrote: »
    I would report it there if only I could find it, but have searched and can't find anything ! Does anybody have a link please?[/QUOTE
    Primroseif you look at zippychicks last post then you need to click on the site feedback in blue - this will take you to where you need to go.
    I am a Senior Ambassador on the Competitions Time Board and the Old Style MoneySaving Board.
    If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators.  Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

My Diary Link My Frugal Year 2023 My Frugal Year 2023 — MoneySavingExpert Forum

My Challenges
    Make £2023 in 2023. £3.16/£2023 Make £2023 in 2023 — MoneySavingExpert Forum
    Compers Challenge 2023 0 Wins Compers challenge 2023! — MoneySavingExpert Forum

• kerri_gt
    kerri_gt Posts: 11,202 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Xmas Saver!
    Help! The 'What are you making for Dinner' thread seems to have disappeared again? What's happened to it? i'm sure everyone wants to know about my lamb casserole :o
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family