PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

2018 - No Clutter To Be Seen

Comments

• A quick catch-up, as I go off the boil if I don't challenge myself with coming on here.

Will read all your posts tonight, and comment then.

I'm still getting the tree surgeon, who found a big old coal bunker under the bramble patch behind the ghost of the already removed shed, and other such things which former owners obviously just put there. Having it all done now makes sense. (money decluttering, though) Next week he's replacing a couple of fence panels and will sort the ground and lay turf. I've then got him some interviews with friends who want some work done, so he's happy with that. He is going to do a bit of work in my tiny front garden, but this is still covered with logs until my friends can collect them for their woodburner.

Furniture de-clutter challenge: I wanted to get rid of a bookcase, and another item. My friend with the broken shoulder said that she could do with a little trolley, and I have one, so that and a lamp are in the car ready to go. The bookshelf is also ready, I'm going to ask about collection at the charity shop, but could actually deliver myself, as the shelves come out, and the frame isn't too heavy, so if there'll be a wait (memories of Mrs SD) I'll do that. All for now, keep going everyone.
  • Fiasco55 poor you.Labarynthitis is horrible.

Still decluttering away like mad.I've a shopping caddie full for the cs and a big shopping bag full for the dump.

I can't be bothered itemising the contents. :o
    A lot of them are bulky.

Determined to chug on as moving home and have slight mobility issues which I hope stay stable (MS bod here).I'm not moving for 6 months so am well on top of things but worry about having no energy in my legs and where it might lead.Anyway, enough about me.

Happy decluttering everyone!

PS also managed some shredding.
  • Mrs Salad Dodger yikes to the dog poo! :eek:
  • Rootle
    Rootle Posts: 191 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    39/52 - a book, a DVD and a computer game dropped off at the charity shop
  • I will miss her very much but we had a massive declutter with DD going back to uni today, I get to reclaim the spare room from her clothes:Tand give it a good clean as we have had an awful lot of wasps coming into the house for the first time this year, so will be good to give the room a quick tidy and hoover

Its also a good job that DD uni stocks ( including an awful lot of toilet rolls:D) have shifted from the living room as the new settee out of the blue is being delivered tomorrow. The room still isn't decorated, still have a tip run to do but will shift some stuff up into the spare room today.
    Decided with DD that we will keep the settee in the packaging until decorating is done so when she does pop home she will be sitting on plastic for abit:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

*285 large load of cardboard broken down and tucked into a big box ready for recycling
    *286 When getting some extra bits for DD I dropped some batteries into the recycling point-one
    of which I found in the street.

Charity bag I will drop off at some point. The grand total of DDs sort out was a scarf but better than it just being dumped back in her room.

I will hit my target of 500 before Christmas:)
    Decluttering challenge 2023🏅⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ 
    Decluttering challenge 2024 🏅⭐️
  • candygirl
    candygirl Posts: 29,455 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Am giggling at MR SD's Hardly Worthitson :rotfl::rotfl:
    "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf"

(Kabat-Zinn 2004):D:D:D
  • 1. IF I NOTICE SOME SMALL TASK NEEDS DOING - I WILL DO IT IMMEDIATELY

2. I WILL LEAVE A ROOM TIDIER THAN WHEN I WENT IN - WITHOUT HIDING THE CLUTTER EXCEPT for the wardrobe room which is currently the storage room (sr)

3. THE LAST WASHING UP OF THE DAY WILL BE PUT AWAY BEFORE I GO TO BED

Molillie, was there any coal in the coal bunker? Hooray for friends who take items from you :T Well done on the bookcase :T Largish pieces of furniture going out create so much space :D

marmiterules, getting rid of bulky items is such a joy isn’t it? creates way more space than small items :D ‘Chugging along’ - what an excellent way to describe the decluttering journey we are all on :T

Rootle, steady progress :T

Happy Kitties, well done on decluttering DD - sorry I meant decluttering DD’s stuff :rotfl:

candygirl, giggling is really good for you :rotfl:

Thursday was a mostly wet, miserable & windy day - although DH did manage more soil sifting :T
    Still No Recycling Wheelie Bin - so I chased yet again - exactly 4 weeks since my bin went walkabout :( However, the young lady I spoke to actually got it sorted :T Exactly 1 hour after I phoned, the new Recycling Wheelie Bin was delivered :T & the damaged one that was left in the middle of the road was removed :T:j Phoned back to thank the young lady for getting it sorted :D - she sounded surprised to receive a thank you call :D
    I finally got around to doing all my niggly little sewing repairs - 10 items altogether, whilst catching up on a series of recorded programmes.

Re my three mantras: aired & made bed; washed up; filled sugar bowl & jar; worktops washed down; DH watered plants; general tidying

C932 - C940 Non recyclable - 2 plastic trays & packaging, 2 plastic bags, plastic tray, plastic mesh bag, 3 plastic pots & lids - binned
    C941 - C942 Milk carton, tin can - rinsed & recycled
    C943 - C945 Two lots of paper packaging, cardboard packaging - recycled

C946 - C947 Cardboard box & bubble wrap to package the 6 tumblers for cs
    C948 - C949 Miniature teddy in a box, dressed teddy - in CS bag

Still no housework done but will definitely do some tomorrow :rotfl:

May your decluttering mojo continue to be strong :rotfl:

MrsSD
    C949/C2018
    Be Kind. Stay Safe. Break the Chain. Save Lives. 

2024 Savings Pot Challenge: As a monthly amount, running total = £116.85
    Jan £5; Feb £13; Mch £25; Apr £31:65; May £42.20; Jun £??; July £??; Aug £??; Sep £??; Oct £??; Nov £??; Dec £??.  Grand Total £??
  • Chug on is a great phrase, Marmrules, sorry about your health issues, and about the Labyrinthitis, Fiasco 55, it's a horrible illness.

Mrs SD, you are our motivator in chief, thank you for all the comments. A bath has now been added to the coal bunker (there must have been some traces of coal) I keep imagining they'll find a skeleton. Anyway, it should all be done next week, I hope.

The trolley was a failure, it didn't fit where my friend wanted it, and it's still in the car at the moment, as it isn't getting a foothold back in the house.

Have a good weekend everyone.
  • MrsSD I would like to think that the declutter of DD was a massive win, including the 15 dead wasps found underneath the bed that had been hidden by all of her clothes and I hate to think the amount of dust bunnies I have decluttered from her bedroom!!

Have put 2 items of her clothing in the charity bag and while not decluttering as such, the tidy up today has meant I have room to put away items in space which has been freed up from all the decluttering done so far. It's a win win :)
    Decluttering challenge 2023🏅⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ 
    Decluttering challenge 2024 🏅⭐️
  • natlie
    natlie Posts: 1,687 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    An on stove steamer sold today on FB Market place and a toy box yesterday, trying to sell some baby bedding and curtains now and need to list some more Ebays on the weekend
    DMP: £30,668 £3,364.02 DFD July 2024
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport