taking responsibilty to get me where I want to be

Options

Comments

• efes_shareholder
    Options
    I felt bad ticking my mum off over a bit of chocolate so I didn't , sometimes I am the only person she sees all days so feels a bit mean to come in and tell her off - I did take the last bar though and eat it since its the only one I have got to eat !! and I will learn my lesson and not put anything in the fridge that i would like to still be there in a few days

I came in last night and just crashed out , work up briefly for an hour at about 9pm and then went back to sleep until 6am this morning - I must have needed it , I also feel a bit emotionally drained and a bit down , you know the kind of , feel tearful but don't understand why and I am sure this doesn't help. I put the mood down to tiredness yesterday but feel similar today so I will keep an eye on this - I don't want to revert to happy pills but i also don't want to disapear under a dark cloud. I am not sure if I am feeling a bit alone , you can be in a room full of people and still feel this way , don't think its man related although the right man would be nice but as they say I would rather be lonely then in the wrong company

First day of not smoking a relative success , to be fair it wasn't a complete day as I still had a few left over from sunday so the commenced once the final one had been smoked. The vape is re coiled and loaded and i had forgotten how pleasant "strawberry mentol" can be. A little bit strange this morning to not have a ciggie with my coffee but I am sure I will get used to it

Just one small spend yesterday of £2.80 , I was on the kent coast on sunday and I passed through one of the towns it reminded me of a kids tv show I watched in the early 80's ( I was a wee ankle biter at the time no more) - I have googled and you tubed the show but can't find any footage anywhere however I did find a paperback book on amazon so I have purchased this and shall read it on a friday or saturday night along with a bottle of wine and maybe a bit of chocolate as long as i have hidden them from mother !!

I feel like I am forever moaning at the moment or holding a half empty glass , I need to snap out of it - I have a glass so I am blessed x
  • efes_shareholder
    Options
    Rebecca01 wrote: »
    Hi
    I have just read your whole diary. You are really engaging.

You are doing so well but you remind me of me as I live for holidays too and love the excitement of researching one. Maybe we should have been travel agents.

Hope you manage to quit the smoking for good. x

Hi Rebecca

Thanks for taking the time to read my story so far , thank you for the nice feedback too , its nice to know my droning isn't sending you to sleep

I love my holidays , the world is a big place and there is so much to experience - Although its typically not MSE but I have had some great weekends on a budget , i don't like to pay more then I have too.
    Its funny you should mention travel agency - back in the day my first job ( 1991 now) was in a traditional old travel agency on a training scheme for a pittance ( kids today wouldn't get out of bed for it ) and after my children I was a booking agent for a holiday company
    I loved that job even though the money was appalling unless you sold well ( which I did) , I only left as the emergance of the internet meant more and more people were doing their own research and booking their own trips and I could see the way the industry was changing so jumped ship

I just came across this also for all of those who are having a "not very ok " day

"Piglet?" said Pooh. "Yes Pooh?" said Piglet. "Do you ever have days when everything feels... Not Very Okay At All? And sometimes you don't even know why you feel Not Very Okay At All, you just know that you do." Piglet nodded his head sagely. "Oh yes," said Piglet. "I definitely have those days." "Really?" said Pooh in surprise. "I would never have thought that. You always seem so happy and like you have got everything in life all sorted out." "Ah," said Piglet. "Well here's the thing. There are two things that you need to know, Pooh. The first thing is that even those pigs, and bears, and people, who seem to have got everything in life all sorted out... they probably haven't. Actually, everyone has days when they feel Not Very Okay At All. Some people are just better at hiding it than others. "And the second thing you need to know... is that it's okay to feel Not Very Okay At All. It can be quite normal, in fact. And all you need to do, on those days when you feel Not Very Okay At All, is come and find me, and tell me. Don't ever feel like you have to hide the fact you're feeling Not Very Okay At All. Always come and tell me. Because I will always be there.

Wise old bear that winnie the poo
  • efes_shareholder
    Options
    Rebecca01 wrote: »
    Hi
    I have just read your whole diary. You are really engaging.

You are doing so well but you remind me of me as I live for holidays too and love the excitement of researching one. Maybe we should have been travel agents.

Hope you manage to quit the smoking for good. x

PS - Did I see you have posted in the vegas forum?

PPS - where is your next venture?
  • efes_shareholder
    Options
    Ever feel like life is just overwhelming

Today is my anniversary of being a parent , over a quarter of a century racked up yet I don't even feel like I am a grown up or know myself yet.
    Happily my eldest seems to have her shizz together so she obviously doesn't take after me !!!

We will have a dinner this evening along with her boyfriend and a few family members , this is going to hit my pocket but has been thought of in my non essentials budget which should stretch now the dreaded weed is not being purchased

Got through yesterday ok with the vape , its a knack to perfect and makes my throat quite dry but i shall perservere

Yesterday was a spend day - I finally got round to ordering a replacement for middle sprogs long lost provisional driving licence. Shes concerningly down at the moment and appears a bit lost and unconfident in the big wide world. I am hoping that learning to drive which is something she has always enjoyed will regain some focus and pick her up a little.
    I am have been badgering her with getting job applications submitted for anything at all as she needs to be working , she has also been preparing her final uni work for her masters degree but seems to be experiencing anxiety levels which are very unfamilar to me

Not sure how long she has had them , or whether they will pass but if it starts to affect her daily life then we may need to seek some medical guidance
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    That's good that you've noticed the anxiety and are there to support if needs be - that means the world when anxiety takes over!
  • ftbwannabe
    ftbwannabe Posts: 241 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I echo what SSDD23 said, & also (I used to work in student support) it is very, very common for students to feel that way at this point in their studies. It will probably lift after her deadlines pass, & support from you will def be valuable until then. There'll also be people she can talk to at her uni, if she is aware enough of what she's going through & brave enough to ask for help. Encourage her to take breaks & deep breaths if you can.
    Well done for not smoking!
    Starting debt (Aug 2018) £17,900
    Debt free September 2021
  • efes_shareholder
    Options
    She is basically home now and won't be going back to uni except to collect her masters degree ( fantastic acheivement ) but im hoping there wlll other support services maybe

She just seems slightly lost about where she goes now- she isn't a very confident young adult and has lost a lot of contact with her friends before uni life which is why I have been encouraging her to get earning in whatever capacity she can but maybe I am not helping and im inadvertantly applying more pressure , its a catch 22 situation really

We are going to have some mother / daughter time over the weekend as both her siblings are away - I'll have a bit of a chat with her then and find out what the coo is , Anxiety is awful and it may be that we need some assistance with it
    What can you do thats cheap and cheerful with a 21 year old - except window shop ?
  • Rebecca01
    Rebecca01 Posts: 725 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 8 August 2018 at 3:27PM
    Options
    Hi
    Hope you have a lovely time tonight with your family and I hope your daughter feels better soon.

Cheap and cheerful hmm it is hard. What about a hike or a forest walk. Window shopping can be fun.

In answer to your question I am going back to LV next week. We are alao going to cape cod and Dallas. We went to Budapest last week. I am a teacher so have 6 weeks off. I could have had a huge house deposit if I didnt have holidays. However I dont care which 4 by 4 box I live in. I love to see the world. I may have to miss out next year though and do some serious saving.
    The whole US trip we managed to get for 1.5k each so quite MSE. Need spending money though.

I also live with my mum too so that!!!8217;s another thing in common.

I guess the travel agent industry was bound to fall with rise of the internet.
  • efes_shareholder
    Options
    Budapest is lovely isn't it , especially along the danube when the sun is shining

I am off to Vegas next year , Can't wait - I did battle a bit with the devil and the angel on either shoulder with that one however as much as its important to clear the past , we still have to live - We go with only memories at the end of the day so I intend to live a life I remember

Isn't it tough being at home sometimes - I often wonder how I ended up back in my childhood bedroom ( ok the wall paper has changed )
    It took some getting used too being asked where I was going and if I was coming home , or where I had been all night.
    I'm a big girl in my mid 40's but I still don't want to tell my mum where I have been when I am off for some kind of naughtiness !!!!
  • Rebecca01
    Rebecca01 Posts: 725 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Loved Budapest yes an amazing place.

Totally with you on the home thing. Constant questions every day, but there are lots of pros to it too.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback