Fall too Pieces

Options

Comments

• UncannyScot
    UncannyScot Posts: 2,070 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    The ones on my cake are HAYES and they are not made anymore, looking at either Shimano or Magura to replace them. The discs themselves are apparently the original Bontrager ones and according to my local bike shop mechanic they are, and I quote, "f***ing bombproof mate!".
    I can get a hold of a set of HAYES levers but parts are getting scarce, whereas Shimano and Magura are easier to come by...
    BUGGRITMILLENIUMHANDANDSHRIMP I TOLD EM! - Foul Ole Ron
    It is important that we know where we come from, because if you do not know where you come from, then you do not know where you are, and if you don't know where you are, then you don't know where you are going. If you don't know where you're going, you're probably going wrong.
    R.I.P. T.P.
  • Scott-Weiland
    Options
    So is it a vbrake your looking at?? Or a disc brake or canti system your looking at???

Hayes dont make stuff no more but i am sure my mate said clark breaks use hayes parts.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Morning, just popping in to say enjoy your holiday when it arrives . Cyprus will be hot , hopefully not as hot as Spain and Portugal. Be in the north east myself next weekend, visiting more lovely places .
  • UncannyScot
    UncannyScot Posts: 2,070 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    So is it a vbrake your looking at?? Or a disc brake or canti system your looking at???

Hayes dont make stuff no more but i am sure my mate said clark breaks use hayes parts.

I'm looking at keeping the discs and switching to using a wire cabling system to operate them or sticking with hydraulics and using either Shimano or Magura or other lever and tubing set...
    Will check out the Clarks you mentioned as I'm sure I've heard that they are compatible with HAYES too. Cheers ;)
    BUGGRITMILLENIUMHANDANDSHRIMP I TOLD EM! - Foul Ole Ron
    It is important that we know where we come from, because if you do not know where you come from, then you do not know where you are, and if you don't know where you are, then you don't know where you are going. If you don't know where you're going, you're probably going wrong.
    R.I.P. T.P.
  • Scott-Weiland
    Options
    Yeah i was chatting with my bike dude a couple of days back and i am sure he mentioned hayes when talking about the Clark brakes.

Well my update i didn't sleep the best last night so i am on chill duty for the next 2-3 hours then i am going to have an hour nana nap lol. I have just got in from doing a 9.3mile run, i feel great but from the waist down i feel about 90 lol. My training is going well, i have about 10 weeks until a half marathon i am entered into do. Gradual increases lol
  • Scott-Weiland
    Options
    Morning, just popping in to say enjoy your holiday when it arrives . Cyprus will be hot , hopefully not as hot as Spain and Portugal. Be in the north east myself next weekend, visiting more lovely places .

Thanks Cumbria I am kinda torn with the holiday, part looking forward to it part dreading it. Its forecast to be in the 30's there next week.
  • Scott-Weiland
    Scott-Weiland Posts: 481 Forumite
    edited 6 August 2018 at 7:58PM
    Options
    Well today has being a canny day for me my boy is at his grandparents, I have done a primani visit and for 50quid it seems like I bought half the shop. About half a dozen vest, handful of tshirts, flip flops the usual etc etc. My son I could kill him as half the stuff he brought up from down south aint stuff I asked him too.

Survey wise I haven't done any but some payments I have dropped have arrived today ie
    30p cashback
    2.50 from opinion outpost
    and a fiver from swagbucks.

Every little helps guys.

Too do list for me is as follows for tonight and tomorrow I am giving surveys a break as I have done loads.

Complete an upto date SOA I have not done one in ages

Pack for Cyprus

Dig out passports/insurance gumph/tickets/ehic cards.

Post an ipod i sold on ebay today 20 quid off debts

Get some balances off debts that havent being in touch in ages.

Increase the amount i am paying into shares at work.
  • Scott-Weiland
    Options
    Right here is my SOA any words of wisdom please feel free guys. I have left a space in between each bit on my Soa for comments be blunt guys.

Income £1725 I dont get any benefits and i averaged out what i have earned into my account for surveys over the last 12months. Survey earns we on average 60pm. Canny boost aye guys.

Rent 400 I have a tenancy for another 18months this wont change

Council Tax 85

Electric 18

Water 40

Gas 20pm This is on a key meter but its low at the minute due to the warm weather last winter double it.

Tv License and Now Tv 20pm

Food 80

Toiletries and Cleaning stuff 15

Clothing and haircuts 27

Child Maintaineance 140

Mobile phone mine and my sons 43.50

Bus Travel Card 105

Gym 30

Sons monthly pocket money 20

Vanquis 20

JD Williams 35

Mortgage with the ex 212

Broadband 26

Train tickets 75, my son lives in Kent i put 75 a month away each month and withdraw it when i buy the tickets. I get my son every school hols bar maybe 1-2 and the tickets are a fortune. 200-300 normally.

Holiday social fund 50, this is for nights out with friends, saving for a holiday for next year if my son enjoys Cyprus.

That leaves me a surplus of £273,50

My debts i dont want to post as i would be on here all night but i have 15 there on a spreadsheet. I am currently paying 175 pm off them all self managed i am going to try and boost that amount to 200 and see how it goes.
  • Scott-Weiland
    Options
    Its nearly holiday time whoop whoop x

I had a nightmare early when I realised I had to print off the board cards, issue one I don't have printer. It was a run up to the travel agent arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Bar that my sons room is organised chaos its pile and piles of stuff everywhere. I am waiting for a few things drying on the radiator by 11ish we should be ready to go.
  • WannabeFree
    WannabeFree Posts: 4,438 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I think your SOA looks good! I wish some of my things where that low (yes groceries I mean you :rotfl:)

I think you budget really well

x
    “Once you hit rock bottom, that's where you perfectly stand; That's your chance of restarting, but restarting the way.”
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback