Life is a minestrone as the song says - my new diary

Comments

• teapot2
    teapot2 Posts: 3,242
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Lazy morning, had a lie in then pottered until a friend phoned and we had a long catch up. Maybe its me but while texts and FB are good for keeping in contact what I really like is a good blether.

Did some more shredding so have loads to go to the recycling centre tomorrow. It was very windy again all day so its all piled up in the kitchen much to the consternation of big old furry boy who was pretending he wanted to go out but not really :p I didn't realise it was a 'proper' storm with a name and all.

I did a meal plan for when friends stay next week and I'll also cook lunch for the family one day [its half term] and also cook a tea for them to take home. My Mr T voucher came today so decided to use that plus the money off voucher I got in the post as that was about £10 off a shop. I'd started an @sda order but cancelled that.

Have hoovered today and done 2 lots of washing and a bit of tidying away. I washed out the plastic tray in the cutlery drawer, no idea how all the crumbs and bits of 'stuff' get in there :). Think I'll have a break from sorting OH's papers for tomorrow at least. I'm find it quite emotional so need to give myself some time.

Had an online sale tonight so am going to pack it up before bed as I can post it tomorrow when I'm out.
  • teapot2
    Forumite
    Have stepped away from the shredder :D and feel better for it! Think I was a bit worried that if I stopped now I've finally started, then I'd leave it all again IYSWIM.

15 bags of shreds taken to the recycling centre this morning and another 4 found under the table that I forgot about :p

Went out to a local market and farm shop with family. Managed to resist most things but bought some refillable hand wash and a card for a friend. We went for lunch but I didn't pay this time.

Have done a bit of tidying up and mostly pottered around having a lazy afternoon/evening.

My recent drought on Prolific seems at an end as I've had 3 surveys today :j
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 89,801
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Ambassador
    That is some amount of shredding :eek:
    Hope your shredder is still working?
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • teapot2
    Forumite
    :rotfl: I had to keep stopping to make sure it didn't overheat!
  • teapot2
    Forumite
    Had a lovely lunch and good catch up with a friend today. As she has a significant birthday this week, lunch was on me - £20.75 but that comes out of the treats fund :)

Energy bill came today, I'd been a bit nervous re the gas part as the heating has been on a lot with the really cold weather we had. It was quite high but theres still over £50 credit on the account after paying it so not as squeaky as I feared.

Online shop arrived this evening, milk which I'd bought for visitors has leaked but didn't notice at the time it was delivered so will have to contact them about that :(
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    To have a credit on your energy account at this time of year is very good! Well done you :)

Hope you've contacted the supermarket about the leak?
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • teapot2
    Forumite
    Thanks KC, I quite like this energy company, they are 100% renewables and although small, seem to have excellent customer service. As I'm now on my own I used less energy last year and so my bills were lower than the estimate which was based of course on previous usage. Twice last year I phoned for a refund and got it very quickly, think the long hot summer definitely helped with usage. The way they work is that your DD is lower in the summer and higher in the winter which I like and makes sense to me.

Yes have emailed re leaking milk and thrown in displeasure about the short 'best before' dates on some fruit and veg. If I was shopping in store I wouldn't choose items with those dates. Harrumph :rotfl:
  • teapot2
    Forumite
    edited 12 February 2019 at 11:04PM
    I have a longish list of things to do today. Haven't got very far so will need to get off here and get a wiggle on :D

Have done YG, 1poll and a couple of Prolific surveys this morning.

Emailed Tosco to complain about leaking milk etc

Renewed my work insurance which I pay annually from the business account. Think I might look for another provider next year as its gone up quite a bit again - apparently its a customer service increase this time when I queried it :p

Cleaned out and washed veg box in fridge and wiped down the shelves - shelves are a right faff to take out completely and wash.

Text friend to see if they might be arriving in time for an evening meal later in the week. Food in and planned if they are :)

sorted out tins shelf

Few other emails done

To Do

[STRIKE]washing on x 2[/STRIKE] one lot done, thought I'd try hanging the second load outside tomorrow
    [STRIKE]put away papers from tax return[/STRIKE] :(:eek:
    [STRIKE]finish tidying kitchen which is where I've started dumping papers[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]check if bedding for visitors needs airing [/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]a bit of shredding [/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]take stuff out of the freezer to cook for family tomorrow[/STRIKE]

Theres more on my list but will see how it goes. Card arrived for new T S B account today so just waiting for Pin then can set it up and transfer old ISA to there.

Lunch first I think though :)
  • teapot2
    Forumite
    Somehow the more I tidy and sort, the more mess I seem to make but I must be getting there slowly - surely :o

Have made brownies tonight some for visitors and some will do for pudding with ice cream and fruit when the family come for lunch tomorrow.

I managed to do 5 Prolific surveys today and one has a follow up survey in a couple of days :)

Off to bed now, still lots to do tomorrow................
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    You've got lots of people over the next few days :) hope it all goes really well, and the food you've prepared sounds delish :)
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure