Onwards and the debt goes downwards!

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,241 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Lots of snow here too.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • lucielle
    lucielle Posts: 10,730 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Loads more of the white stuff here. OH had to go and rescue DD1 as she broke down last night. Apparently on the way home he did 2 pirouettes in the discovery and then just nonchantly (sp) carried on driving. Luckily I wasn't with him otherwise I'dve still been shrieking yet.

OH took DD1 to work but needed pulling out he decided to stay closed today. DS2 tried to get to work but came home, been a funny old day.

The cooker has stopped working, well the plug the cooker is wired into has stopped working. Luckily we have plenty of beans and bog roll
    L
    Total Debt Dec 07 £59875.83 Overdrafts £2900,New Debt Figure ZERO !!!!!!:j 08/06/2013
    Lucielle's Daring Debt Free Journey
    DFD Before we Die!!!! Long Haul Supporter #124
  • beanielou
    Lots of white stuff here too.
    Eeek to the cooker.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• lucielle
    Still more white stuff and it has been reported that up the road from where we are there's an 8ft snow drift so we are staying put. In good news OH has managed to get the cooker going on a temporary fix = no more beans!

I've just had a quick tot up of the debt and as of today it stands at £11859.74 I've got £6574.74 which is interest bearing so need to try and move that. OH has got an empty Santander card so need to see if there are any offers on it. Slightly better than I thought but not ideal.

Been listing stuff on ebay but OH has got sidetracked by a film. He'll be back later.
    L
    Total Debt Dec 07 £59875.83 Overdrafts £2900,New Debt Figure ZERO !!!!!!:j 08/06/2013
  • lucielle
    Did finally break out on Friday, got all the neighbours shopping and had a sneaky lunch in a local caf!. Went to the town to do the shopping and caught up with some jobs that wouldn't normally have got done, like getting some keys cut. Again had another lunch out and I wonder why we have money problems!

DD1 was supposed to be coming home on Monday night but the farmer has asked her to stay on a bit longer. This is good news and gives us time to have a look at her car and see if its going to be economical to repair.

Had another 2 bookings for the cottage, which is great and brings the total to 20 weeks so far for this year.

OH has been in a vile mood today. We brought loads of stuff home from the shelves of doom at the shop that needs pricing and hopefully listing. We have 4 boxes of stuff, so its not going to be a quick job. However he got side tracked listing some other things and then had a strop when the laptop started playing up. Apparently this was my fault! Needless to say I'm keeping a low profile.
    L
  • beanielou
    Great news on the cottage bookings.

• savingholmes
    savingholmes Posts: 27,355 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    lucielle wrote: »
    Hello SH, it's been a while how are you? Have you got a diary?
    L
    Yes - Prosperous soul in the making

We are doing okay other than repeating past mistakes with money.... Thank God we have decent jobs - to be fair 60% of our current debt is our cars so we could sell them if need be. We can meet all our payments (and slightly more on top). Our challenge right now is finding £400 a month for DS at uni!!!:eek:
    Achieve FIRE/Mortgage Neutrality by mid 2030
    1) MFW Nov 21 £201,999 with 237 payments to go - now £184,341 Equity 26.26%
    2) Spend on handyman & external building works & new patio door £12.3K
    3) CC £4.9K on 0% spends card but offset by £34.1K savings (part EF, part future home improvement)
    4) Mortgage neutral by June 2030 AVC £9.6K/£127.5K AVC target 7.5% value at 15/4
    5) FI Age 60 annual income target £13.7/30K 45.7%
  • savingholmes
    savingholmes Posts: 27,355 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Hi Lucielle - kind of jealous of that amount of snow although I bet we'd soon get fed up of it if we actually had it. As it was we cancelled a few things this week due to the weather.

You will get on top of this debt - you are very disciplined when you are on task so I'm sure you will soon kick it to the kerb. Good luck with the business too.
    Achieve FIRE/Mortgage Neutrality by mid 2030
    1) MFW Nov 21 £201,999 with 237 payments to go - now £184,341 Equity 26.26%
    2) Spend on handyman & external building works & new patio door £12.3K
    3) CC £4.9K on 0% spends card but offset by £34.1K savings (part EF, part future home improvement)
    4) Mortgage neutral by June 2030 AVC £9.6K/£127.5K AVC target 7.5% value at 15/4
    5) FI Age 60 annual income target £13.7/30K 45.7%
  • lucielle
    Poor DD1 has caught the lurgy from the farmers kids, he's got it too. She went out last night and said everytime she bent over thought she was going to pass out. She's coming home tonight but back to work tomorrow. I think they'll try and get through the day as best they can.
    I'm hoping we don't catch it from her, she still hasn't stopped being sick yet.
    L
  • beanielou
    Your poor DD.

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback