Debt Relief Orders (DRO) - Information & help thread

Comments

• wba31
    wba31 Posts: 2,189 Forumite
    scarlet55 wrote: »
    one thing i meant to tell you....i dont know if ndl do the same but i should imagine they do.....when they work out your benefits they do it over 52 wks...for example.....i get £96 a wk which in my book comes to £384 a month...they do it like this...£96 x 52 =£4992 divided by 12 =£416 so do make sure it still comes under the £50 benchmark...iv no idea why they do this cuz it doesnt make you get any extra money each month....weird :question::question::question:

ha ha, the old 4 weekly/calendar monthly calculations. It's because some things are paid weekly, some are paid fortnightly, some are paid 4 weekly, some are calendar monthly. To keep it nice and simple for us advisors we work calendar monthly, 12 lots per year. Its to tie up with when bills/creditors want paying - set date each month, not every 4 weeks. If we did it all 4 weekly there would 13 payments each year (unlucky for those that believe in luck?) which wouldnt tie up with the 12 payments your electric/gas/phone/creditors would want...
  • scarlet55
    scarlet55 Posts: 21,780
    Rampant Recycler
    Forumite
    understood wba, dont know if you saw my previous post but i feel absolutely elated...thankyou for all the advice you give on this forum..i would never even have thought about about a dro if i had'nt found this site, i would still be struggling and wondering what to do next..you guys are the best...:beer::beer::beer:
  • sarbaz2007
    sarbaz2007 Posts: 57 Forumite
    edited 8 April 2011 at 8:10AM
    Firstly congratulations to scarlet55 for getting approved. well done and well deserved:T.

I just need help with 2 more things and im going to post my SOA up here for you guys/gals to have look if you dont mind,

1.i have a couple of bank accounts which i have not used but had opened a few years back with no money in them, do i need to close them or can i leave them and use after my DRO?

2.I have my main bank account which has an overdraft but it is still open and active as i have only stopped paying the intrest charge from a month ago, do i need to wait for it to default/closed before i make the DRO? And when i get ask for bank statements can i give my partners account as this is were the benefits get paid and my job is paid cash in hand.
  • broken_spirit
    broken_spirit Posts: 743 Forumite
    edited 8 April 2011 at 5:12PM
    :j:j:j just to update every-one, my dro has been approved...can't tell you how relieved i feel..:smileyhea:smileyhea:smileyhea:smileyhea can i just say thankyou to every-one for the advice and guidance you have given me..especially orville and all the experts on here....and thanks broken spirit for being a friend xxxx

Congratulations Scalet, I'm sooooo pleased for you :j:j:j:j
    I'm so pleased you haven't had to wait all weekeend to find out, it must be a weight off your shoulders :) You've been a gr8 support 2 me over the last week or so, so plz don't disappear!!!! As I know I'm gonna drive u all insane with questions over the next few weeks :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:& you've always been here to point me in the right direction, along with wba. I'm awaiting my replacement forms & intend to get things right this time :o I've still along road ahead of me, but with all your help, I'll get there. :T :T:T
    I am a Leo...& as such I will defend my "pride" ferociously....you have been warned!
  • scarlet55 wrote: »
    one thing i meant to tell you....i dont know if ndl do the same but i should imagine they do.....when they work out your benefits they do it over 52 wks...for example.....i get £96 a wk which in my book comes to £384 a month...they do it like this...£96 x 52 =£4992 divided by 12 =£416 so do make sure it still comes under the £50 benchmark...iv no idea why they do this cuz it doesnt make you get any extra money each month....weird :question::question::question:

I'm reading all these post backwards, lol. Yeah, I'd had this explained to me. I didn't understand it at the time, but have just read wba's post (above) & it now makes sense. But thx.:)
    I am a Leo...& as such I will defend my "pride" ferociously....you have been warned!
  • wba31
    wba31 Posts: 2,189 Forumite
    understood wba, dont know if you saw my previous post but i feel absolutely elated...thankyou for all the advice you give on this forum..i would never even have thought about about a dro if i had'nt found this site, i would still be struggling and wondering what to do next..you guys are the best...:beer::beer::beer:

Have you had any word on the balance change you requested?
  • scarlet55
    Rampant Recycler
    Forumite
    not yet wba im going to phone my adviser on monday to see whats happening, she's not available till then so i'l let you know, unless there is anything in the letter that i get from the or....its not come yet, just saw my name on insolvency website..:)
  • scarlet55
    Rampant Recycler
    Forumite
    Congratulations Scalet, I'm sooooo pleased for you :j:j:j:j
    I'm so pleased you haven't had yo wait all weekeend to find out, it must be a weight off your shoulders :) You've been a gr8 support 2 me over the last week or so, so plz don't disappear!!!! As I know I'm gonna drive u all insane with questions over the next few weeks :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:& you've always been here to point me in the right direction, along with wba. I'm awaiting my replacement forms & intend to get things right this time :o I've still along road ahead of me, but with all your help, I'll get there. :T :T:T
    thanx broken spirit, il still be around dont worry...cant tell you how good it feels...wont b long till you feel the same. xxx:j:j:j
  • scarlet55
    Rampant Recycler
    Forumite
    sarbaz2007 wrote: »
    Firstly congratulations to scarlet55 for getting approved. well done and well deserved:T.

I just need help with 2 more things and im going to post my SOA up here for you guys/gals to have look if you dont mind,

1.i have a couple of bank accounts which i have not used but had opened a few years back with no money in them, do i need to close them or can i leave them and use after my DRO?

2.I have my main bank account which has an overdraft but it is still open and active as i have only stopped paying the intrest charge from a month ago, do i need to wait for it to default/closed before i make the DRO? And when i get ask for bank statements can i give my partners account as this is were the benefits get paid and my job is paid cash in hand.
    thanx sarbaz, such a relief..i think the 2 bank accounts that are dormant should be ok if u dont owe them anything...dont wait for your bank to close your account cuz iff theres any money in it they will take it...open a co-op cashminder account...they are very good...you dont need to default b4 you apply for your dro, all my accounts were up to date, im still not sure about your wifes bank account...just phone up the CABand ask them, but im pretty sure you will need wage slips...unless you dont tell them ur working...but if the OR finds out later he could revoke your dro...hope this helps a little.:)
  • scarlet55
    Rampant Recycler
    Forumite
    its very quiet on here 2day....bet ur all out there sunbathing lol...:cool2::cool2::cool2::cool2:
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback