MSE News: Waitrose to scrap "confusing" offer

Options

Comments

• penny_less
    penny_less Posts: 127 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    I checked my Waitrose account a few weeks ago, as I haven't had any vouchers for ages and found that all the marketing boxes were unchecked. It definately wasn't me, so don't know what happened there! Hoping I get some vouchers soon, as some of you have.
  • Doc_N
    Doc_N Posts: 8,270 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    penny_less wrote: »
    I checked my Waitrose account a few weeks ago, as I haven't had any vouchers for ages and found that all the marketing boxes were unchecked. It definately wasn't me, so don't know what happened there! Hoping I get some vouchers soon, as some of you have.

Just checked mine - just like yours, with all the boxes unchecked.

I suspect that it's not quite the problem it appears to be, though - looks like it's just presented as a blank page, without the existing preferences shown.
  • sarah1972
    sarah1972 Posts: 18,897 Senior Ambassador
    Homepage Hero Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 18 April 2019 at 5:14AM
    Options
    Still not a single voucher received ever! I checked my account and all ticked and Waitrose still say that I am all set up for vouchers and will get some in due course
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Competitions Time, Shopping & Freebies boards, Employment, Jobseeking & Training boards If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Callie22
    Callie22 Posts: 3,444 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    penny_less wrote: »

There is most definitely an issue with the Waitrose and John Lewis' marketing preference web-pages. I just don't get vouchers for either, and every time I check the boxes have been unticked. So I retick them, still nothing, log in and check them again, boxes unticked again. It's really annoying as for some reason my OH, who never shops in either Waitrose or JL, always gets Waitrose mailings with vouchers and the JL 'tea and cake vouchers', but I never get anything. As far as I'm aware he's never logged in to either website although he has used his loyalty cards (as have I). I've always found the Waitrose website in particular very glitchy, when they had the 'my offers' promotion I was never able to change the offers no matter how I tried to do it.

First-world problems, I know, but it's irritating when as a shopper you sign up for a loyalty scheme but you don't get anything back for all the data they can harvest from you :)
  • Maz1963
    Maz1963 Posts: 117 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I had one lot of vouchers just after they scrapped PYO which, bizarrely, were mostly for toilet roll spend! I used them up and haven't had any since, just the odd £4 off £40 spend. Some more arrived this morning actually. I never spend that much in one go normally, so they won't be used, again.

Waitrose seem the worst for 'loyalty' right now (apart from the free coffees!), but they are still excellent for yellow sticker reductions. We had a change of management at our local one and it was all a bit up in the air as you couldn't pinpoint reduction times easily, but now it seems to happen around 5pm. Most stuff goes in the sandwich chiller by the entrance door, but meat and fish is reduced and left at the bottom of one of the meat chillers. I got some good lamb reductions yesterday (mostly one third of price) and there were very nice pizzas for 79p in the other chiller! That's why I shop there (and probably why they don't send me many vouchers!!).
  • Doc_N
    Doc_N Posts: 8,270 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    More £8 off £40 vouchers today.

But even using those it’s still dearer than Aldi and Lidl for much the same products sporting a different colour label.
  • kiwi07
    kiwi07 Posts: 1,691 Forumite
    edited 20 March 2020 at 11:44PM
    Options
    They temporarily stopped giving out free coffees from Tuesday in my local due to coronavirus and hygiene reason because of people touching the buttons on the coffee machine. But the sign displayed said "under cleaning". The sale assistant advised it could be until the government remove the restrictions.  Just wondering if it's in every Waitrose? 
  • redfox
    redfox Posts: 15,338 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    edited 22 March 2020 at 8:43AM
    Options
    kiwi07 said:
    They temporarily stopped giving out free coffees from Tuesday in my local due to coronavirus and hygiene reason because of people touching the buttons on the coffee machine. But the sign displayed said "under cleaning". The sale assistant advised it could be until the government remove the restrictions.  Just wondering if it's in every Waitrose? 
    Yes it is, across all their stores the free coffee has been stopped until further notice. It was in an email received from John Lewis last week.
  • kiwi07
    kiwi07 Posts: 1,691 Forumite
    Options
    redfox said:
    kiwi07 said:
    Yes it is, across all their stores the free coffee has been stopped until further notice. It was in an email received from John Lewis last week.
    I have not received anything from JL...
  • redfox
    redfox Posts: 15,338 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    edited 22 March 2020 at 9:06PM
    Options
    kiwi07 said:
    redfox said:
    I have not received anything from JL...
    this is from the email:
    "We have also taken the decision to close all Waitrose cafes and rotisseries, and to suspend complimentary coffees for myWaitrose members."
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback