HATTON GARDEN METALS Feedback Thread

Comments

• I have used them really good , great service impressed, currently looking under my bed for scrpas of gold to send off!!!!
  • I must admit i am at heart a very wary person, however after researching several "cash for gold" companies i decided to opt for hatton garden metals, based upon the feedback on this site. I sent my gold yesterday (26th nov) special delivery, checked this morning to confirm delivery (at just before 8am) i received an email around 11.30 this morning from hgm confirming the weight of the items i had sent (which was nearly spot on, taking in to account that there were a few stones in a necklace i sent) and at 2pm this afternoon the money was in my bank (just over £800). To say i am impressed is an understatement, and this has proved that there are decent companies out there........hatton garden metals comes with the highest recommendation. You will not be disappointed
  • Greenr
    Greenr Posts: 286 Forumite
    When did you use it: Last week - posted package on Thursday, money in account Friday.
    What did you send: gold chain
    How much did it promise you: Just over £400 (the amount came up on their website once i'd entered the weight)
    How much did it deliver: Just over £400
    How efficient was the service: Great (although didn't agree the amount over the phone - it was placed straight into my account).
    Anything else you should know - I expected to agree a price either over the phone or by email once hatton had received my gold. This wasn't the case - the money was paid straight into my account, as it happens I was more than happy with the amount I got.

I took photos of the gold before posting it just in case it got lost via Special Delivery
  • Mansun
    Mansun Posts: 35 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Sent a small mixture of gold, silver (although I didn't know it was silver) and stones yesterday and got over £110 in my account today.:T

Will be recommending to family and friends without delay.

Thanks HGM.:beer:
    TOTAL UNSECURED DEBTS @ LBM £13,500 (NOV 2009), DEBT-FREE TARGET DATE - AUGUST 2011

PROUD TO BE DEALING WITH MY DEBT
  • When did you use it - This week
    What did you send it - Approx 56g of old chains, bracelets, earrings
    How much did it promise you - Approx £460
    How much did it deliver £460
    How efficient was the service - Can't fault it
    If it didn't deliver the full amount, what was its reason - could be due to some stones being taken out
    Anything else other people should know - I would thoroughly recommend Hatton Garden to anyone - posted gold Monday and money went into paypal account today. Excellent service.
  • I recently sent some gold to Hatton Garden Metals after having read some comments on the money saving forum. This was the first time I had used such a service. I was amazed at how simple the procedure was and would definitely use them again. I posted my items about 3.15 p.m. and they were signed for at 8.05 a.m. the next day. When I checked my internet at 12 noon I discovered my remittance reply from them and the money was already in my bank account. There were no hidden charges and the amount I received was what was expected. BRILLIANT - HIGHLY RECOMMENDED TO ALL!! I wouldn't bother looking elsewhere!:j
  • Bronnie
    Bronnie Posts: 4,165 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 3 December 2009 at 4:26PM
    Can only echo the praise for Hatton Garden Metals in the previous posts.

Had checked out around town and average price was around £5 per gram, but easy to get less in some places if just chucking down a handful of jewellery and you don't know it's worth.

Managed to get my gold weighed and all identified as such in town first. Also checked out sold prices on ebay for selling a couple of the pieces and feedback on different companies on MSE.

Posted off Special Delivery at 4pm on Wednesday, full amount in my bank account by lunchtime Thursday! Hatton Garden's price was £8.40 per gram today.

Please check my posting history, this is genuine feedback from a regular MSE'r. However, you shouldn't be surprised at the number of newbie posters commenting here. When Hatton Garden email you with confirmation of your payment, the email includes a direct link to this thread on MSE and asks people to leave feedback here if satisfied; so I don't think all these new posters are spammers!
  • JDPower
    JDPower Posts: 1,673 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Bronnie wrote: »
    However, you shouldn't be surprised at the number of newbie posters commenting here. When Hatton Garden email you with confirmation of your payment, the email includes a direct link to this thread on MSE and asks people to leave feedback here if satisfied; so I don't think all these new posters are spammers!
    That explains some of it, I would still consider that spam though (purely my opinion) and pushing the boundaries of the statement in the first post:
    if we believe any company has got its own representatives to deliberately post positive feedback it will be deleted
  • Bronnie
    Bronnie Posts: 4,165 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 4 December 2009 at 2:47AM
    Well, in fairness, I posted positive feedback and I don't consider myself a "representative of the company"....I'm a customer! I posted my feedback here with the same intention as when I post feedback on Tripadvisor, on a hotel I've stayed in or a restaurant in which I've dined.

Anyway, by giving a link to the thread, they also open themselves up to the possibility of bad feedback, if their service is lacking. I'm pretty sure these posters, like me, were so delighted with the amount of money they received and the speed with which they received it, they were, like me, only too happy to click the link and share their experiences with others. I have also shared this verbally with several people I've chatted to today!
  • HGM, do it again!!!!!!!!!!!

After receiving money so quickly (at an excellent rate too) last week, I scoured my old cupboards and found a few more old broken chains and a couple of dress rings, I sent them off to HGM on Wednesday of this week and when I checked the bank via the web yesterday (Thurs), there, like last time, was the money, and this time it was about £50 more than I expected..... only downside is I dont have any more gold lying around. These guys are truly unbelievable. Use them with confidence (I have no affiliation with HGM whatsoever and was a bit sceptical at the beginning, but with my experience of dealing with them, all I can say is don't bother with all these companies that advertise on the TV)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback