Official Vodafone Complaints/Query Thread

Comments

After using a different email. At last!
  • Hi Sarah,

I have finally got a reference:

WRT135 [#14334733]

Tried 3 different browsers (Safari, Firefox then Chrome) and finally changed my email address to a different one than previous, and bingo that worked.

Thanks,
  • Vodafone
    Vodafone Posts: 4,297 Organisation Representative
    Hi pixievix & flo_jo99,

We've received both of your emails and a member of our team will being in touch with both of you as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Nathan

Social Media Operations

Vodafone UK
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Vodafone. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Hi just sent of an email using the above link. Got reference number 14344331. Unsure if I need to do anything else. Desperate to get this resolved. Someone please help me.
  • Thanks Nathan.

I have spoken to Colleen, who whilst being really lovely was unable to help me. It is a shame that Vodafone are unable / unwilling to meet me even halfway, therefore it is the ombudsman route after all ...
  • mobilejunkie
    mobilejunkie Posts: 8,460 Forumite
    Joem1992 wrote: »
    Hi just sent of an email using the above link. Got reference number 14344331. Unsure if I need to do anything else. Desperate to get this resolved. Someone please help me.

Nothing else. You've posted the reference number on here and they usually contact you in a few days by phone.
  • I am writing to express my dissatisfaction and concerns regarding a bill of over £2500 which i have been struggling to pay off since last summer.. I have been a very loyal customer for many years now and I feel very disappointed. The bill is crippling me and i am struggling to pay it. I was MISOLD a MIFI dongle with "ALL YOU CAN EAT " data in my local vodafone store that in actual fact turned out to be "capped". Subsequent downloading during a 6 week period (between house moves) caused me to rack up the bill which vodafone have always refuted. With recent events coming to light should i question this bill.....?? :(:mad:
  • I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this...
    I want to make the biggest complaint anyone had heard about Vodafone.

Having been a customer for over 17 years, without ever defaulting my account, suddenly in March I received a text informing me that my phone and the other three numbers on my account had been cut off due to an unpaid bill. VERY Long story short...I have spend countless hours on the phone to Vodafone as they kept cutting me off even when my bill had been paid.
    They then, fraudulently took money from from sisters direct debit (that she had set up to pay hers and her husbands bill) £70 to cover all 4 mobiles for the month.
    More time spent on the phone, to so many different incompetent people I have no idea how many.
    I got to the stage after 5 months of hitting my head against a brick wall, literally being in tears talking to them, spending valuable time on the phone to hem while my young sons asked me why I was crying on the phone and not playing with them....eventually I contacted the ombudsman.
    Meanwhile they had defaulted my account a further three times because of their incompetence and I apparently owed them over £300 for the 4 phones. We haven't been able to use our mobiles for three months now and have Each spent over £30 in pay as you go costs.
    My only request was that Vodafone allows me to cancel my contract with them for free due to their failings.
    My mental health is suffering from the stress caused by this.

The ombudsman came back to me last week with a proposal that Vodafone would graciously half the bill owed (for phones we never even used!) to £170 and they would correctable the bad debt defaults against my credit history and write me a letter to apologise for any failings in customer services.

I cannot even begin to explain my disgust at the thought I will be stuck in a contract with Vodafone until March 2018. To have to pay them even another penny or give them another minute of my time is abhorrent to me.

Does anyone have any advice as to what I can do to get out of this contract? I honestly feel so angry that the ombudsman have been so unhelpful and found in favour of this massive company with no small children, no feelings and no delicate mental health issues.

Please some one help me!
  • Froggy27
    Froggy27 Posts: 13 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Just an update...after posting here somebody finally got in touch...still no satisfactory answer but some progress. Apparently they are waiting for my handset to be repaired...my problem is that it went from 7 days to now 3 weeks without a phone. Surely VF has a spare similar handset somewhere to loan? Well apparently phones at VF are very scarce!!! Baffling...and in the meantime my contract goes on and am paying for an absent phone...
  • Vodafone
    Vodafone Posts: 4,297 Organisation Representative
    Hi pompeypete & loves a bargain,

So we can help you with this issue, please email us via the Contact us form here.

To access the form you'll need to enter the code WRT135.

As well as stating your query in the question box, please also quote "MSE Forum".

Once sent, you'll receive an automated reply with a reference number. Post it on here and we'll check we've received it.

Thanks,

Nathan

Social Media Operations

Vodafone UK
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Vodafone. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure