Anyone want to join me? Awaiting Mortgage decision...

Options

Comments

• Connor73
    Connor73 Posts: 21 Forumite
    Options
    Hi alexadram

It's been quite quick from doing application to now in 2 weeks we done application and valuation was a week ago today and received message yesterday saying that it should be in post .....no post today :(......fingers crossed for tommorrow .....we did notice they take valuation money from the bank which we been told a good sign so look out for this:)
  • Mr_DB
    Mr_DB Posts: 17 Forumite
    Options
    Thank you mashmash.

I think what went in my favour was the fact I cleared all my debts over the last couple of months. In all honesty I was quite confused that the first 2 turned me down. Especially since the default was only £771.

Best of luck to everyone.
  • Dave808_2
    Dave808_2 Posts: 72 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I'm still waiting...rather impatiently now!! Leeds emailed to say the use of personal information hasn't been signed!!
  • Anagran
    Anagran Posts: 178 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Just had a phone call from the broker to say that Nationwide have issued a formal mortgage offer today :j I am so relieved.

Good luck to everyone else. X
  • mashmash90
    Options
    Congrats Anagran!

Connor73, hang in there it's probably just the royal mail being slow!

Dave808, I feel your pain. I'm still waiting too, another weekend of nail-biting is looming. If I don't hear by end of the day Tuesday I'm calling them directly. Why publish and update daily 'service standards' when they don't mean anything! Ahh I just want to sign the deed and get this over with. We've just exchanged contracts pending mortgage offer so at least that's the last thing we are waiting on now!
  • Connor73
    Options
    Still no offer in post today :(...they received valuation over week ago....hopefully come tommorrow x
  • Connor73
    Options
    We just spoke to natwest for mortgage application update and they said the underwriter had forgot to pass it on to next stage to send the offer out!!!!!!!..so we looking at Thursday next week now to receive it...but least we know we got it though feel so much better if it was in our hands in writing.
  • mashmash90
    Options
    Connor73 wrote: »
    We just spoke to natwest for mortgage application update and they said the underwriter had forgot to pass it on to next stage to send the offer out!!!!!!!..so we looking at Thursday next week now to receive it...but least we know we got it though feel so much better if it was in our hands in writing.

:wall: This is exactly the reason why I'm stressing out about our application so much, incompetence like that which you can't predict!
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    We've had contact back from Precise after putting in our application last week- valuation has been booked (after a slightly hairy moment where they refunded valuation fee without saying anything, but we later found out that was a computer error, phew!)- they have asked for a P45 for my last job and a couple of extra bank statements from my husband, so going to get them off to them on Monday. So stressful wondering what's going to happen!
  • coggsy10
    Options
    Mortgage offer issued!!

Sooo relieved. We had the valuation by halifax on Tuesday, received our copy in the post yesterday and broker advised issued today :-).

Good luck everyone else waiting.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure