Anyone want to join me? Awaiting Mortgage decision...

Options

Comments

• kirtsypoos
    Options
    I have been driving our broker mad I think! He said they should be in a position to offer in a few days, very vague and I will be calling him again tomorrow to chase once again!
    Fingers Crossed for you too!
    :j PAID VERY, Barclaycard x3, Vanquis, Natwest, O/D, Tesco & MBNA x2 PAID :j LBM 24/07/15 - Original Debt: £0/31010.23 (100% paid) :eek:
    Mortgage - £151.316.54 :eek:
  • Rossim1985
    Options
    Rossim1985 wrote: »
    My dates are below. After some initial consultations with two brokers, I tried HSBC who don't other their services through brokers (other than L&C anyway). They were offering terms that were considerably better than any of the indications the brokers could come up with, so I've gone with them. Whilst I have no cards, loans, HP etc, I do have an overdraft so I'm nervous about that!

HSBC Decision in principle 25th August
    Second viewing on 28th August
    Offered on 29th August
    Offer accepted on 1st September (£7.5k under asking price :j )
    HSBC Mortgage applied for 1st September
    Documents provided same day (face to face meeting in branch)
    Further 'results' meeting next week (no date confirmed as yet)
    Valuation on property TBC

My credit rating is pretty decent now, though in the past it was poor (I was in debt) though I never had any defaults. The mortgage brokers said HSBC are picky and may decline me but I think that might be a bit of scaremongering to try to persuade me to use them?

The really nice HSBC mortgage guy I met said on paper I should be fine, but ultimately it's an underwriters decision (i'm doing a 95% mortgage).

Just praying it's all OK!
    Update!
    so HSBC Mortgage applied for 1st September
    Documents provided same day (face to face meeting in branch)
    HSBC confirmed by email I had been accepted on 11th September :T
    Formal meeting then in branch for them to go through all the compliance guff and try to flog me some insurance on Tuesday 15th
    Formal written offer arrived in the post Saturday 19th
    Signed life away and sent off acceptance form on Tuesday 22nd
    Mortgage valuation survey comes back fine in the post :T:T:T on Saturday 26th. Yay!

I spoke to the solicitor and he said searches have been requested (not sure which type though - I should probably clarify)!!

For those that have done this all before (I'm a FTB) how long should it all take now? The property I am moving into was rented and is now vacant so there is no chain.

Cheers and good luck to everyone else!
  • DebtFree2012
    Options
    Valuation should be taking place on Wednesday but I'll believe it when I see it. The vendors were a bit chewy about being available all day as the valuer wouldn't set a time. I can understand of course, however for me - I just want it done!

Also I've been asked to provide a month of bank statements which I haven't been asked so far nor was it alluded to.
    Debt - CCV £3792
    CCB £1383 (took a hit for a holiday)

Loan 1 £1787
    Loan 2 £1683
    Total £8601 Was £39302
  • jonnye82
    jonnye82 Posts: 6 Forumite
    edited 28 September 2015 at 10:23AM
    Options
    Currently sitting anxiously waiting for the outcome of my full application. Applied on 23/09 for a Halifax 95% Help To Buy mortgage for £134,995 through a broker. I have a 5% part gifted part saved deposit for the house.

Was asked by the broker for Driving License/Passport, Utility Bill, 3 months payslips, 3 months bank statements last week and haven't heard anything since (although it's the holiday weekend in Glasgow currently).

The DIP (which I got on 13/08) showed I could borrow a maximum of £168k so the broker seemed to think it would go well at £134k. My basic salary is £37,500 then 10-15 hours overtime a month. I have £200p/m on a personal loan for a car and £99p/m for a motorcycle personal loan but no other debt (except my existing £71k mortgage).

All of my payments for everything on my credit file show as OK/Satisfied. However, there is one very old debt which I noticed after applying for the mortgage in the 'Satisfied' section. This debt was part of a trust deed in 2005 and it appears they kept writing to my credit file until Apr 2011. It was then noted as 'Debt Assigned' then the balance put to £0 and never mentioned again.

All of my anxiety is coming from this little blip 4½ years ago and my advisor isn't in the office because of the holiday. It's obviously too late to do anything about this now anyway.

Any opinions/support good or bad are welcome - I'm like a coiled spring at the moment.
  • kirtsypoos
    Options
    I know it sounds silly, but I think it's just a case of sitting tight and crossing fingers - our application is taking way longer than anyone elses seems to have done, so you might find out in quite a short timescale.

I was worried as my circumstances are worse than yours (debt wise and with some late payments about 5 years ago) but my advisor has been very reassuring and I'm hoping all will be well in the end, as I'm sure it will for you too!
    :j PAID VERY, Barclaycard x3, Vanquis, Natwest, O/D, Tesco & MBNA x2 PAID :j LBM 24/07/15 - Original Debt: £0/31010.23 (100% paid) :eek:
  • jonnye82
    Options
    Thanks. Logically I can't see why the old default would make much difference since everything else is bang up to date for the past 4 years. I've got no idea how things are calculated though!

I never use an overdraft and always have money left in my account on the day I get paid. It's just that nagging doubt :)
  • kirtsypoos
    Options
    I think that's the worrying thing, if they had some sort of checklist, I'd be a lot happier!

Fingers crossed you get an answer soon!
  • jonnye82
    Options
    Best of luck to you too. It must be horrendous having to wait so long.
  • kirtsypoos
    Options
    It has been very stressful, and the longer it goes on the more I convince myself that they are going to decline us....in reality I'm a stresshead at the moment so who knows what is actually going on!
    Keep us in the loop when you find out :)
  • fairyloveheart
    Options
    We applied to Nationwide via broker but haven't had any texts or anything to confirm it.

Broker applied for mortgage 13/9/15 Decision was refer so called the BDM
    16/9/15 BDM replied it should be ok but because of us paying off debt with equity on current home, they wanted to look further at this.
    18/9/15 Broker uploaded all Payslips and info etc to NW portal

How long should I leave it before I query progress with Broker?

Feeling worried :) Does anyone know if Nationwide always text? I haven't heard anything. Have emailed the broker but no reply yet :(
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback