Goblin floor steamer pads needed.

I bought a Goblin steam mop about a year ago.

Its the green and black model number GM5001 which comes supplied with 2 floor pads both of which have elastic which goes around the bottom. On both pads the elastic has snapped so they are now useless.

I cant find replacement pads to fit it anywhere. On the back of the water holder it says 'Produced for Asda' which is where I bought it but they don't sell the replacement pads either.

Looked at many sites but can only find spares of the 'screw' or 'handle' type. Can anyone advise where I could find some please. Ive tried ebay as well.

Thanks

Comments

• swingaloo
    swingaloo Posts: 2,724 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Just as an update. I found the User Guide and there is a number on the front which I rang. That turned out to be Asda! Spoke to them and they say you cannot buy pads for the Goblin but that the Russell Hobbs Toggle one fit and are available on the George website for £12.95..

Been on the George website but they no longer have them. When I try to get them on Ebay there are so many different Russell Hobbs ones that I cant be sure which will fit so Im reluctant to take a chance buying the wrong fit.

Do I have a case to return the item to Asda as its useless without the pads. I know I bought it on April 30th last year but cant find my receipt.
  • sarah1972
    sarah1972 Posts: 18,889 Senior Ambassador
    Homepage Hero Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Competitions Time, Shopping & Freebies boards, Employment, Jobseeking & Training boards If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • swingaloo
    swingaloo Posts: 2,724 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Thank you so much, don't know why I couldn't find them. Ive been Googling for them for about an hour and could find all kinds if parts but not those.
    Thanks again- sorted.
  • sarah1972
    sarah1972 Posts: 18,889 Senior Ambassador
    Homepage Hero Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    swingaloo wrote: »
    Thank you so much, don't know why I couldn't find them. Ive been Googling for them for about an hour and could find all kinds if parts but not those.
    Thanks again- sorted.

Possibly because your post post says model GM5 but its GMS ?

Glad you got them now :beer:
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Competitions Time, Shopping & Freebies boards, Employment, Jobseeking & Training boards If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure