Mrs P's Diary - The Final Push

Comments

• MrsPorridge
    MrsPorridge Posts: 2,905 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    I have had a bit of a declutter these last couple of days and now have 5 bin bags of old clothes, bedding, material and yarn ready for the charity shop.

The next room on my list is the kitchen which I will "hit" in a couple of weeks.
    Debt free and Keeping on Track
  • MrsPorridge
    Early start at work today so had a packed breakfast of yoghurt. Lunch was hm soup with a tuna sandwich (also hm). No money spent yet.

However, on way home need to get two new tyres! And they are run flats so I won't see much change from a couple of hundred quid (although money is saved for this - but I still don't like spending on unexciting things like tyres).

I will be a bit naughty while the tyres are being fitted and pop to the Costa Coffee for a hot choccie.

Dinner tonight is yellow stickered pies and some sweet potato mash
  • MrsPorridge
    We went to the pub tonight just for a snifter but ended up eating there. Well you have to have a treat sometimes don't you?

Back to meal planning. The quice (yellow stickered) and chips (from potatoes which are quite spongy and have eyes) will be tea tomorrow.

Packed lunches done - HM soup for me and DH has some jacket spuds with beans and cheese. I tend to make these in one batch and then freeze in portions.

Am working from home tomorrow so my travel time and my lunch hour will be taken to continue the de-clutter. Have decided to do the spare bedroom. There is stuff under the bed there that hasn't seen the light of day for 10 years so I reckon I can get rid of most of it. It's a good chance to do it without DH been about (and I can fit in a tip run if needed before he gets home). DH is a bit of a hoarder - not as bad as he used to be, but I get quizzed on what I am giving to charity shop or throwing away - so I need to be a bit savvy about it.
  • MrsPorridge
    Got loads of "work" work done as at home and no interruptions.

Also did a load of decluttering - it was bin day and managed to declutter 5 bin bags of "rubbish".

Have cleared out one wardrobe - although there still isn't any space! But at least stuff doesn't fall out as I open it now.

Also listed 5 items on Ebay. We cleared out Dad's house in April when he moved into sheltered accommodation and there are some things that I just really don't want but kind of took them as I couldn't bear them to go to the tip or house clearance. Now is the time to part with some of them. They have been stuck in a box on the dining room floor since the end of August and I haven't looked at them once. I have kept a couple of items but the rest really can go. If no success with Ebay then I will take them to the charity shop.

At lunchtime I bought a sausage roll - there was an offer on buy 1 get 1 free - so the second one has gone into DH's packed lunch for tomorrow. I am back on the hm soup tomorrow.

Dinner tonight is the quiche and chips we should have had last night.
  • MrsPorridge
    Last night's dinner was HM chilli from the freezer plus 2 small naan breads found at the back of the freezer.

Tonight we are out to dinner with a friend.

Weekend plans are more decluttering - with DH's help to reach on top of wardrobes and also sort through all his clothes - I have told him to "be strong" and it's OK to give stuff/throw stuff away. Also will go to the cinema as I want to see Inferno - hate to admit it but I am a Dan Brown fan. We were going to have Chinese takeaway after the cinema but after our slip up of eating at the pub earlier in the week I have planned a Meditteran supper for Saturday night consisting of some falafel (found a box in the back of a cupboard), with some cabbage leaf rice things I have in a tin (I bought in the summer and never used), plus some cous cous and flatbreads. Will get some humous to supplement it.

It's another early start at work (means I can share with DH and so save money on a 50mile round trip), means I finish early and then DH and I will go shopping on way home. We are going to go back to shopping at Lidls and will top up anything we have to at Sainsbogs.
  • MrsPorridge
    Sunday - DH has a really bad cold and it's not often he is ill. We didn't do much decluttering. Just sorted his clothes out. Then have spent most of the day watching TV. It's nice to do this now and again, but we both feel really lazy!

I did do some batch cooking while he was sorting his clothes. I made loads of sausage rolls ready for Christmas and also some packed lunches. We had stuff left over from the Meditteran meal on Saturday night and that has gone into butty boxes for 3 packed lunches. I also made a Victoria sponge with black cherry jam so that will take care of puddings this week.
  • MrsPorridge
    I've had a cold brewing for a couple of weeks - it came out last night - today we have stayed indoors as I felt quite sorry for myself. Upside though it was an NSD. :)

Packed lunches ready and food out of the freezer ready for tomorrow's tea.
  • MrsPorridge
    Ended up taking half a day sick leave yesterday and today have worked from home. Still feel a bit ropey.

We are having a visit from MIL (haven't seen her for years) in a couple of weeks. Will use this on DH as the big push to clean and declutter as much as we can.

Shows how poorly I have felt as I have only this afternoon started to think about carrying on with the big declutter.

so far I have 3 bags waiting to go to the cs.
  • MrsPorridge
    Back at work today - but going to bail early as starting to flag. Will stop off on way home to get milk and Tunes (as I am still having trouble with a blocked nose). Must be "brave" and not be swayed by buying anything else.

I have started a new regime this week and took out £400 which is "spending money" for the month. Included in this is all food and entertainment. I really hate the debit card tenner on this, fiver on that and it mounts so quickly. Hopefully this will enable me to see how far the money actually does go. We have a freezer full of food and I have meal planned for the next two weeks - and we could probably survive for another two weeks after that!

I immediately took £200 and filed it in a jug on the dresser - not to be used till week beginning 14th.
  • MrsPorridge
    Still feeling really grotty. Went to work but left mid-morning. Have arranged to work from home tomorrow.

Felt seriously sorry for myself in the afternoon and made an appointment to see the Dr. He says is bacterial not viral (or the other way around) so he can't give me antibiotics. He did say I needed my ears syringing. When I called the surgery a month ago the receptionist said they didn't do it. His response "rubbish - put drops in 3 times a day and make an appointment for next Friday" I instantly did that as I came out.

Can't wait to get my hearing back to A1

He did suggest I buy some Sudafed tablets to help with the blocked nose - so that was £4.29 spent, but to be honest I don't care - I just want to feel better.

Tea tonight was spaghetti carbanara with ham that should have been used two days ago. DH said it smelt OK. Felt pleased that we had that was really tasty and a comfort type food.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport