IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Late for replying to Claim Form

Comments

• DefiantNewbie
    DefiantNewbie Posts: 29 Forumite
    edited 9 May 2018 at 11:11PM
    Thanks nosferatu1001, do I add the cover letter to the DC form (N180) that I have just filled ? I already added this text into D1 box "The Defendant opposes the Claimant's request for special directions, and requests that the case be listed for an oral hearing at the defendant's home court, pursuant to CPR 26.2A(3)

Also I was wondering if I send the document as a scanned copy to court instead of postal mail?
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,454 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Yes you email it to the CCBCAQ email, and of course you'll already (hopefully) know from the NEWBIES thread, you have to send a copy to the other side, of everything you file from now on.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Hi all, Hope you have all been good

after a long time I am back , I have the court case listed for a hearing on the 2nd of october, Gladistone Solicitors have already lodged their witness statement and sent me a copy through email last Thursday. I will uploaded it here once i manage to remove my details. I am thinking to to send my statement by Tuesday is that too late for the court? I visited the site I took picture of some of the signs that have the writings faded away and a one that was at least 6 feet above ground on a board. Their biggest focus in the statement, is that the driver did not display the ticket , I will share more pictures. just putting the thread alive again

Thank you
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Your allocation notice will have told you the deadline for getting your WS to the court and claimant.

You look to be too late already!

Check what it says on that notice
  • ok I will check it quickly

here is their witness statement on this link: https://expirebox.com/download/abf0db9e7ceefe1355e01043bbd6ccdf.html
  • and the the court wanted the statement 14 days before the hearing ...shoot! anything i could do now or is it a lost case already ?
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,336 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    ok I will check it quickly

here is their witness statement on this link: https://expirebox.com/download/abf0db9e7ceefe1355e01043bbd6ccdf.html

That link looks way too complicated, asking me to agree to all sorts of conditions. When linking to what I'm agreeing to, there's pages of small print I have to accept.

Why not post it on Dropbox which is, for me, much more easily accessed.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    edited 22 September 2018 at 11:40PM
    Are your initals O.O? ( That name shows when using the drop box link)
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,584 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    You would be wise to obliterate the PCN number from their Witness Statement.

It is enough allow Euro Parking Services to uniquely relate this discussion thread to a named individual.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure