3-6 Month Emergency Fund Challenge!!

Options

Comments

• muppets
    muppets Posts: 1,476 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Stopping by with a quick update

69) muppets 4700 / 15,000
    PAYDBX 2020 - #01 Pd £15,029.29 / £13,140.66 - 114% 🎉

MFiT-T5 #36
    3-6 mth EF #5
    €2,445 / 11,100
    Mortgage - PD 126,846.35/ 271,495.07 46.72%[ MF was Aug 2038 now Sept 2035 😲
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Newbie
    edited 16 April 2018 at 12:30AM
    Options
    Good for you, Helen, taking the time and effort to increase your skills:T:beer:. Must have been hard but it will stand you in good stead for your future. You didn't say whether you'd already had your exam result but here's to a great one anyway:beer:. I know you'll be doing your utmost to replenish your EF too:A

I'm sorry I haven't been around for ages, lots of RL stuff has got in the way. Excuses, excuses eh?:o. At least I haven't been using any of my EF to cope with any emergencies that arose but it meant I had to spend the money I had hoped to add to my savings instead:(.

My aim (totally crazy or what?:rotfl:) is to be debt free by the very end of this year and I'm doing everything I can to be extra frugal and save every last penny towards that wonderful day that I never thought would come. Still a way to go but I'll get there in the end:j. All I need now is for my ancient car to behave itself, not let me down and get through its MOT in July without costing too much. So far so good but we never know what's in store for us do we?

Wishing all you lovely people success with your saving:beer:. Once my debts are gone I'll be saving with a vengeance. knowing all the money I manage to put aside is all mine:j
  • Charleyalmostking
    Options
    I'd like to join please.
    But I'm still building up my first £1,000 .

I will be putting all my savings towards that then once i've made that
    i'll be slowing down to save for my wedding (Which is only £2,500 as wme&my FH are splitting costs)
    already got the wedding dress sorted though.

I have £184.58 saved towards it
    Wedding Fund: £1107.23 / £2,500 Xmas'18: £100.00 / £300.00 Emergency Fund: £100.00 / £1,000H2B ISA: £30.50
  • Anoneemoose
    Anoneemoose Posts: 2,258 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Hi everyone!

I’ve been awol for a while. Not for any particular reason but have had Easter holidays and we all had the lurgy at one point.

I’m doing a bit pants with money...I seem to boredom spend because I haven’t got a great deal to do. Has anyone any tips to curb that?

I have, however, got my mini goal up to £300 so that’s good, but probably not as good as it could be if I/we didn’t spend money like it was going out of fashion!

I’m going to have a proper read through the last few pages from where I last dipped in. But in the meantime, I hope everyone is well. And positive vibes/virtual hugs to anyone who needs them.x
  • lindez
    lindez Posts: 643 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hi can I join in please my aim is £6000 aiming high but will be slow getting there hope this is ok thank you
    MFWB#2
    MFTT5 #28
    Save 12k 2020 #111
  • skye_blue
    skye_blue Posts: 301 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hi everyone

U doing ok this week helen

Ive received my £50 cash out from Yougov and banked it today (takes a long time but still happy with it)

Have a good week all
  • DreamerHelen
    DreamerHelen Posts: 2,629 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Evening All :)

How are you all doing? It's been a glorious day weather-wise....And that has made me feel really great....

I'm doing much better this Week...I think my life is mostly up and down....perhaps that is the way for everyone...I'm not sure...but this Week seems to be an "Up" week...

I'm starting my Emergency Fund with a Fiver tomorrow....So I'll do my best to keep that going....and start building it back up...

Here's the Updates.. xXx :)

muppets - I've Updated the First Page...You're doing INCREDIBLE!! Keep on moving forwards... xXx :)

carbootcrazy - Thank you for your lovely compassionate words....I haven't gotten the results yet, probably not for another 6 weeks...but I'm keeping my fingers crossed....You're doing great so don't be so hard on yourself....You'll get there...we all will xXx :)

Charleyalmostking - WELCOME WELCOME WELCOME to our lovely friendly group....It's amazing to have you here....I'm unclear what you want to have as your Target....do let me know, it can be a smaller Target to start with if you want to build up slowly... xXx :)

Anoneemoose - It's good to see you back...I've Updated the First Page...You're doing AWESOME!! xXx :)

lindez - WELCOME WELCOME WELCOME...it's great to have you here....I've added you to the First Page....Do come and let us know how you're getting on.... xXx :)

skye blue - Hey Sweetie, I'm doing okay....like I said above it is very up and down for me....but I'm getting there day by day....I wasn't sure whether you wanted me to add the £50 to your Total or not...can you let me know hun? I hope you're doing well xXx :)
  • Dobbibill
    Dobbibill Posts: 4,135 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hi everyone,

I hope everyone is well.

A small update from me new total £4804.49 aka 53.38%.

Slowly does it ;)

keep on keeping on

Dobbi :D
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Budgeting & Bank Accounts, Credit Cards, Credit File & Ratings and Energy boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

If you can't be the best -
    Just be better than you were yesterday.
  • Charleyalmostking
    Options
    Hey thank you.
    I've since split my savings (£300) Into

£102.89 emergency funds
    £102.89 Help to buy / house fund
    £102.90 Wedding

My first goal is £1,000

Starting with £109.89 .
    Wedding Fund: £1107.23 / £2,500 Xmas'18: £100.00 / £300.00 Emergency Fund: £100.00 / £1,000H2B ISA: £30.50
  • SamSam17
    SamSam17 Posts: 92 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options

I have not posted in a little while but I'm happy to report I have reached my £5k target for this emergency fund challenge in the end of March.:j:j:j

Wish you all well! And just wanted to say thanks as this thread has been very motivating!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure