What’s your pick?

if you could only pick 1, who would it be?

Pick 1 87 votes

Barclays
11%
linzSkippy13IanMancso_very_confusedFlobberchopsbundoranNedSIts_just_Barryfragodemetra 10 votes
Nationwide
19%
JoseChungsDoomsdaySapphirehenrypmndf9876thriftylassJuicyJesusdj1471bigadajRoland_Sausagemandypower123ST-Useralanjones60nicetomeetyoukuratowskifrugalandsavellanigirlyksi 17 votes
Natwest
3%
TallaghtWeybridge78dcs34 3 votes
Lloyds
10%
xxdeebeexxThomas_Crownworried_jimwmb194couriervanmanUnknownquirkydeptlesstrient[Deleted User] 9 votes
Bank Of Scotland
1%
Xenon 1 vote
Halifax
9%
UnknownJoeCrystalsymonszMisterMotivatedrainbowskiesstehoukFTBlalalaUnseenGhost 8 votes
RBS
2%
ffacoffipawbDandytf 2 votes
HSBC
4%
angelicawaveneygnomeLith18cc 4 votes
TSB
2%
RobisereWilling2Learn 2 votes
Starling
16%
masoniccentralgreeneryryan121CRAIGEMMADrp8713colstenCurls2208johnacunmoniedsal_IIIFiona_CWpenners324zoot_ze 14 votes
Monzo
2%
ozazA_Random_Man 2 votes
Santander
17%
IvanOpinionsavingpenniesrich68nanto3girlsdr_adidas01MarkFromCornwallMotormadNotRichAtAllswindifftopcat105tempus_fugittimmy963DJSINGHbilly2shotsCatplan 15 votes

Comments

• Dave. Love Dave
  • worried_jim
    worried_jim Posts: 11,631 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Lloyds
    Lloyds! I work for them so you pay my mortgage and fancy holidays. Thanks!
  • Barclays
    Lloyds! I work for them so you pay my mortgage and fancy holidays. Thanks!
    Your welcome :beer:
  • keef-WhatStandards
    keef-WhatStandards Posts: 286 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 13 October 2019 at 10:11AM
    For what? Customer Service? Online or branch banking?

They all have their good and bad points. I don't think there is one that would get a goldstar, so to speak, although I think First Direct comes prety high in most polls, but isn't even in your list. ;)

Natwest/RBS share the same online banking system and is a pain. Halifax is a good, but basic system. Tescos is great but very limited (e.g. you still have to *write* to them to close an unused account!)

Halifax are currently good for branch banking and Nationwide very poor. Depends on the Manager, I 'spose. Nationwide even get upset if you call them a bank, so perhaps you need to remove them from your bank list? ;)
    Keef - Sheerness, Kent UK
  • Barclays
    Just an overall pick, if it was down to picking just one bank what would be your pick?! Forgot about first direct :(
  • I note you have a "stray" post with the same name; might be worth moving that or deleting it? ;)

Banks change, so does my pick. ;)
    Keef - Sheerness, Kent UK
  • My nose, that affords much more pleasure.
  • I can't pick one as I have three who have all been great, the third one you haven't got on your list even though they have a high street presence.
    Mortgage started 2020, aiming to clear it in 2026.
  • More inane polls...
  • Eco_Miser
    Eco_Miser Posts: 4,708 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    If I were restricted to just one bank, I would have to choose the one I've had since 1956, and the account I've had since 1970, and that you haven't even listed.

But I'm not, so I use many of them.:T
    Eco Miser
    Saving money for well over half a century
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills