Determed To Do It

Comments

• Hey SSDD23

Just wanted to pop in and say super impressed with your determination and progress! I have been a long time lurker and i always find your..many diaries :) very interesting reading and one of the diaries that spurred me on to eventually start my own.

Hiya :hello: this will be the last one I promise :rotfl:

Off to the second job in about an hour for another few hours, really enjoying it there, the team are really nice! It'll be nice to reap the benefits next month, too. It's been a bit brutal this month with needing work doing on my car and the MOT taking a chunk of (most of) my disposable income but at least I've done it all from my wages :o

Another quiet night planned, all of the washing and ironing was done last night and I cooked myself a singapore nasi goreng from my Pinch of Nom cookbook last night (fish sauce stinks) so it's just normal housework to catch up on tonight, and make something for dinner tonight/work lunch tomorrow :)

OH - also will have been a No Spend Weekend :j
  • FootyFanDan
    FootyFanDan Posts: 1,365 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    SSDD23 wrote: »
    Hiya :hello: this will be the last one I promise :rotfl:

Off to the second job in about an hour for another few hours, really enjoying it there, the team are really nice! It'll be nice to reap the benefits next month, too. It's been a bit brutal this month with needing work doing on my car and the MOT taking a chunk of (most of) my disposable income but at least I've done it all from my wages :o

Another quiet night planned, all of the washing and ironing was done last night and I cooked myself a singapore nasi goreng from my Pinch of Nom cookbook last night (fish sauce stinks) so it's just normal housework to catch up on tonight, and make something for dinner tonight/work lunch tomorrow :)

OH - also will have been a No Spend Weekend :j

Haha, sometimes it takes a new diary to refresh your targets and goals maybe.

I can understand the car thing, just before xmas i replaced brakes, and tyres on my old car, 8 days later it broke down and needed a massive repair that i had now funds at all to fix and my car is vital to get to work. I had no funds at all to buy a new one so had to then spend loads of money and time on public transport/taxis for 3 months until i forced myself to buy a newer one off a friend. This whole experience made me realise that i had to sort things and ensure that i could cope with this happening again without it impacting too much. I vowed after that i would fix this. I came to this forum and read many diaries. I have adjusted a few things and the way things come from wages and can slowly see little improvements and hoping once i have been at this for a few months it will get better.

I know its totally the wrong attitude but i think coz i work a lot i deserve nice things! and i need to seperate needs and wants and tbh i have always struggled with that.
  • Haha, sometimes it takes a new diary to refresh your targets and goals maybe.

I can understand the car thing, just before xmas i replaced brakes, and tyres on my old car, 8 days later it broke down and needed a massive repair that i had now funds at all to fix and my car is vital to get to work. I had no funds at all to buy a new one so had to then spend loads of money and time on public transport/taxis for 3 months until i forced myself to buy a newer one off a friend. This whole experience made me realise that i had to sort things and ensure that i could cope with this happening again without it impacting too much. I vowed after that i would fix this. I came to this forum and read many diaries. I have adjusted a few things and the way things come from wages and can slowly see little improvements and hoping once i have been at this for a few months it will get better.

I know its totally the wrong attitude but i think coz i work a lot i deserve nice things! and i need to seperate needs and wants and tbh i have always struggled with that.

Well hopefully as long as I keep an eye on/look after my car now it shouldn't need any more major costs until the next MOT and service, fingers crossed!

Yeah, needs and wants is a big thing for me, too :o
  • Not much to report here from me...

I had an email from Amazon Prime this morning saying that my payment card for renewing my membership is no longer valid, lord knows what card that was, but it's a good thing as I would have been royally screwed with an unexpected £79 expense. I will let that lapse and use OH's if needed, perhaps in the future I will look into re-instating it as a small monthly payment on a CC (one that has been cleared and still cut up) just to keep some small use on the card, without actually having it physically to use, and set up the DD to pay in full. I was wondering what I could put onto one just to show some use on my credit file, so I think I have found the answer now.

Very chilled evening last night I wasn't feeling anywhere near 100% (possibly due to the jab I had last week) so I just relaxed with OH, but feeling much better today!

Only one payment due out for the rest of the month now (aside from the car stuff tomorrow) which is my car insurance due to come out in a few days, everything else is paid up for the month :D

A few more small payments due in before the end of the month, mostly to balance things but there should be some excess to carry over. I also did a test for audio transcribing work last night, I tried it last year and was rejected but thought I would give it another go! I can't remember how long it took to hear back, so I will just have to wait and see! :o

Day off tomorrow and OH is also off, so we are going to view some houses so fingers crossed we view one that we like and can try and move into - they are all within our calculated budget so it's just getting to one before someone else takes it! It's been so fast-paced trying to find somewhere since the Tenancy Fees got abolished, we book to view and then it's gone a few hours later!
  • Everything seems to be smooth sailing at the moment - car went for it's MOT yesterday alongside some repairs that were flagged as needing doing from it's service, and it passed with no advisories and for £5 cheaper than I was expecting, so I was very happy with that!

A few potential options are in the pipelines for some additional income each month, so I am keeping my fingers crossed there, too.

My car insurance comes out tomorrow then everything is paid out for the month, and it will just be a case of waiting for the next payday(s) to come around, and start the paying-people process all over again!

The houses we viewed were no good - two on the same estate were right next to a busy main road, new builds but no appliances other than the cooker, so we would have had to buy a fridge and a freezer. The other one was cunningly shot to still look like a house even though it was a duplex flat, but it did have downstairs neighbours and the top floor had sloped roofs EVERYWHERE, so not a chance of getting wardrobes into any of the bedrooms. The search continues! :cool:
  • FootyFanDan
    FootyFanDan Posts: 1,365 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Everything seems to be smooth sailing at the moment - car went for it's MOT yesterday alongside some repairs that were flagged as needing doing from it's service, and it passed with no advisories and for £5 cheaper than I was expecting, so I was very happy with that!

A few potential options are in the pipelines for some additional income each month, so I am keeping my fingers crossed there, too.

My car insurance comes out tomorrow then everything is paid out for the month, and it will just be a case of waiting for the next payday(s) to come around, and start the paying-people process all over again!

The houses we viewed were no good - two on the same estate were right next to a busy main road, new builds but no appliances other than the cooker, so we would have had to buy a fridge and a freezer. The other one was cunningly shot to still look like a house even though it was a duplex flat, but it did have downstairs neighbours and the top floor had sloped roofs EVERYWHERE, so not a chance of getting wardrobes into any of the bedrooms. The search continues! :cool:

Excellent news on the MOT front, that is generally the most worrying time as a car owner. Some garages want to just 'discover' faults. I have mine due at end of year and not sure what to expect really so starting to save a little but I bought it from a friend who is a ford mechanic and its seems to have been well looked after.

Crap news re the house hunt, its crap when you see pics and go expecting to see one thing and see the total opposite. Hopefully though you will find the one soon, are you looking at renting?
  • Excellent news on the MOT front, that is generally the most worrying time as a car owner. Some garages want to just 'discover' faults. I have mine due at end of year and not sure what to expect really so starting to save a little but I bought it from a friend who is a ford mechanic and its seems to have been well looked after.

Crap news re the house hunt, its crap when you see pics and go expecting to see one thing and see the total opposite. Hopefully though you will find the one soon, are you looking at renting?

Agreed, I'm lucky to have found a great mechanic who also collects and returns my car so that I can go to work and not need to book any holiday to be able to get things sorted - one of the main reasons I don't want to move too far from where we are now if possible :D

Yes, we are renting for now. Once we're debt free, I will hammer money towards a deposit, saving what I can into my HTB ISA before then. OH will have his part set aside when his current house is sold, but I want to be able to contribute equally to the deposit and I would like a decent-sized one too so that we could look to buy before all of my bad stuff on my credit file is gone :)
  • natsplatnat
    natsplatnat Posts: 3,033 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Not much to report here from me...

I had an email from Amazon Prime this morning saying that my payment card for renewing my membership is no longer valid, lord knows what card that was, but it's a good thing as I would have been royally screwed with an unexpected £79 expense. I will let that lapse and use OH's if needed

Hi!

You can share an Amazon Prime subscription between 2 or 3 Amazon Accounts... I'm not sure if you have to be at the same address or not. Once logged into your OH's Amazon, in the Account / setting option you can fill in the details for your Account and then you get the benefit!
    start = Wed 19th Nov 2008 £21,225
    end = Mon 28th Sept 2015 DEBT FREE!
    I love a good plan - it may not work.... but I love a good plan!
  • Hi!

You can share an Amazon Prime subscription between 2 or 3 Amazon Accounts... I'm not sure if you have to be at the same address or not. Once logged into your OH's Amazon, in the Account / setting option you can fill in the details for your Account and then you get the benefit!

This is why I love this forum - lots of people with lots of tips and knowledge! Thank you natsplatnat :D x
  • natsplatnat
    natsplatnat Posts: 3,033 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    SSDD23 - you are very welcome :)

If you g00gle "share amazon prime with family" there is a step by step guide!
    start = Wed 19th Nov 2008 £21,225
    end = Mon 28th Sept 2015 DEBT FREE!
    I love a good plan - it may not work.... but I love a good plan!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure