Luck-lack of it, and getting it

Options

Comments

• Pechow
    Pechow Posts: 729 Forumite
    Options
    It worries me a bit though that I got completely different clues on my map, everyone saying their clues led to Greece, but mine was in Australia.
  • vanpopple
    vanpopple Posts: 1,287 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    For #2 you mean?
    Im 110% certain that it is bang center of athens..
    Im not sure about austrailia for yesterdays or todays?
    Well until we get clues i wouldnt put any down, then when its been narrowed down to a city or wherever then have a go..

As for #1 'filicudi cave', sicily?
    I STILL cant see it on a map now???????
    I can see pics of it but cant pinpoint the locale of said cave.
    Still comping, after 2 heart attacks 4th feb & 6th feb, and a stent put in.. 45 years old only:eek:
  • ribjinns
    ribjinns Posts: 65 Forumite
    Options
    I have been entering 50+ comps a day for a couple of years now, and won absolutely nothing (though I did stop whilst doing my final year uni exams). I got my first win the other week, which was a VIP chocolate thing in London, and had to pass it on because the caliper on my car wheel seized and set me back £140 (which I don't have). Now that's what I call unlucky!! :(

I just think that it's all about statistics- how many comps you enter will obviously increase your odds of winning; and I also wonder whether people's names can play a role in the likelihood of their winning. A John Smith might sound more appealing than someone else perhaps? Though if that's the case then I'm screwed :p

It's fun though, every time I see a prize I think about how amazing it would be to win. As I'm currently an unemployed graduate, it gives me something to do, and frankly it's just as exhausting to do a whole day of comping than some of the jobs I've had!

Sending lots of luck to everyone on this board though
    2016 Wishlist:
    PS4, Holiday, Books!
  • AMILLIONDOLLARS
    Options
    Pechow wrote: »
    Wow! Send some of your luck my way please :D What was the commissioned furniture you got?
    a coffee table!!

:AMagic dusting you all:A
    :starmod::starmod::starmod::starmod::starmod:

AMD
    Debt Free!!!
  • londoner01
    londoner01 Posts: 229 Forumite
    Options
    amilliondollars that's some great luck!
    Saving £10,000 in 2013: £4491.48/£10,000
  • wonderwallet
    Options
    Just don't give up and keep going, I'd won nothing for a whole year and couldn't understand why, put it down to more people entering, cheaters etc but I've just won an ipad3 from The Times competition on Sunday and looking at the I won!I won!I won! board I'm not the only one from here, two others up to now!!!
  • Pechow
    Options
    You have no idea how jealous I am, well done, that's an amazing prize :D

I have a missed phone call on my mobile, unknown number, from about half an hour ago. It's most likely spam but all the winners here make me paranoid it wasn't and I missed my chance for something :P
  • AMILLIONDOLLARS
    Options
    Just don't give up and keep going, I'd won nothing for a whole year and couldn't understand why, put it down to more people entering, cheaters etc but I've just won an ipad3 from The Times competition on Sunday and looking at the I won!I won!I won! board I'm not the only one from here, two others up to now!!!

I wanted to win one of those, entered the comp like everyone, goes to show we can't all be winners all the time, your time will come!

Congrats wonderwallet enjoy you prize, enjoy:T

AMD
    Debt Free!!!
  • Pechow
    Options
    I suppose it's better to ask here, than make another thread-are there certain known individuals who are considered problematic in the comping community?

On Facebook earlier there was a comp, a certain someone won, and a bunch of people instantly commented "Oh no, not ___", "you've been conned", and "How soon before it goes on eBay" and things like that. Are there people out there known for scamming/cheating/whatever enough to cause responses like this? They must have been well known for all those people to say such things!
  • zoold
    zoold Posts: 3,412 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Most folk here do 150+ per day and during December that can treble :eek:

During December we have mental breakdowns and don't sleep :rotfl:

But all my biggest wins have been during the advents. Alas I will not be here this year so will have to pass the Kissmas baton to someone else. :D

Gutted I will be working, because the advents def get the adrenaline pumping and the eyes drooping! :rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure