https://www.claimcompass.eu/blog/charter-flights-compensation/
  • bagand96
    bagand96 Posts: 6,098 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 11 October 2019 at 8:40PM
    steve900 wrote: »
    The way I read online, you are entitled to compensation

https://www.claimcompass.eu/blog/charter-flights-compensation/

I still don't think it's black and white in this case.

EU261 claims are against an airline. Nobody else. The link you shared refers to "the airline" many times.

If Flylolo had contracted an airline to operate the flights, issued tickets to passengers detailing the airline and flight numbers, and the airline has now cancelled them, then that would be an EU261 claim against said airline.

But I'm not convinced that is the case. The statements from the Director of Flylolo are quite vague but make reference to "trouble sourcing aircraft". If they've sold a load of flights but haven't found an airline to operate them, then there's no airline to claim from.
  • Westin
    Westin Posts: 5,938 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    bagand96 wrote: »
    Flylolo is not an airline. It arranges charter flights. It is effectively a tour operator.

I don’t think EU261 compensation will be applicable here.

I would agree.

FlyLoLo is not an airline, rather just a travel company that charters airlines ad-hoc to provide a flight series.

Refunds are due from FlyLoLo if flights do not operate but not compensation under EU261.
  • Manchester Airport just rung me to confirm they (LoLo) have gone into administration. So no compensation will be paid, whatever.
  • Westin
    Westin Posts: 5,938 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    steve900 wrote: »
    Manchester Airport just rung me to confirm they (LoLo) have gone into administration. So no compensation will be paid, whatever.

Was this a good source?

It is just that the flylolo website is still up and seems to be running, plus nothing (as yet) on the CAA website about their failure.
  • Hi. It was an employee at the airport. I had sent an email Friday explaining situation in Glasgow and asked about Manchester and Gatwick flights for their school holidays. He told me they had gone same way as Thomas Cook and to contact CAA.
  • RonoB
    RonoB Posts: 42 Forumite
    Couldn’t make it up. Still waiting on my Thomas cook
    Refund now this although not surprised. How do we find out fit good. Apparently money protected but otherwise do I just claim on my credit card.
  • bagand96
    bagand96 Posts: 6,098 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 12 October 2019 at 10:29PM
    RonoB wrote: »
    Couldn’t make it up. Still waiting on my Thomas cook
    Refund now this although not surprised. How do we find out fit good. Apparently money protected but otherwise do I just claim on my credit card.

If they have gone bust, then claim on your credit card under Section 75. Flylolo were ATOL protected, but even with ATOL a they will direct you to the credit card company in the first instance.

EU261 is irrelevant if they are trading or indeed have entered administration. They’re not (weren’t?) an airline so aren’t liable for it.
  • Westin wrote: »
    Was this a good source?

It is just that the flylolo website is still up and seems to be running, plus nothing (as yet) on the CAA website about their failure.

Still trading AFAIK. Nothing in the travel press, on CAA website, in trade only FB group or on MAN website.
  • ads52
    ads52 Posts: 10 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    There’s no flights going from Gatwick next weekend either now
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business