Car insurance - Avoid insuring with RCIB - Right Choice Insurance Brokers

Comments

• rudekid48
    rudekid48 Posts: 2,382 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Zelda007 wrote: »
    This company are nothing but immoral swindling criminals. There is no goodwill to customers. They use every change in circumstances eg. Change of address to greedily charge customers a ridiculous amount of so called administration fees. My son has been charges £180 three times in the last couple of months for moving house, changing his car ( he thought he was upgrading from his banger and unfortunately bought a car that now needs a new gear box). He is now going to the Financial Ombudsman to complain, £180for tapping a bit of info into a computer is disgraceful. I'm so angry at this company I could take their throats out.

Based on that last sentence, you may need some help..
    All matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves.
  • There is nothing wrong with her. They tried to charge me £440 for a tiny mistake. Hope it happens to you and see how you feel to be violated
  • The bad reviews below are about RCIB are all absolutely true having read reviews for the first time it seems a lot of people are having the same problems. (car insurance)
    Surprise Charges Coming Out of No Where ! Have just got off the phone with them after a few choice words I said I would pay but I want the request and explanation for payment in writing as you could be absolutely anyone on the phone ! as yet no email or return call.
    Request for documents ! Emailed to so called customer care as soon as requested, but continued to get requests from customer care for about a month during that month emailed documents about 10 times !
    Customer care ! tried to phone about 15 times during the above month on hold for at least 15 mins with out getting through each time !
    They waited until my cancellation period was over before requesting an extra payment of £75 for a no claims overlap, what ever that is as I have never claimed, and still have not seen terms and conditions.
    They need to be removed from confused.com etc, I wish I could cancel my policy but they have basically said it would cost me nearly the whole quote, god only knows how you would put a claim in if you were unfortunate enough to need to , you just would never be able to get through to anybody !!! Please do not use RCIB !!!
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    This sounds like your no claim bonus was in use on another policy when you took out the current one

If that is not the explanation, and you have always only had one policy in force using your NCB then make a formal complaint over this extra payment. (If the reply is unsatisfactory or they ignore you for 8 weeks then you can escalate this to the FOS for their adjudication)
  • Never usually post stuff like this

But just a warning, don’t EVER, EVER get any form of insurance out with RCIB Insurance (Right Car Insurance Brokers) honest to god they are the biggest pain I’ve ever had the displeasure of having contact with, they’ve caused me so much stress for car insurance they didn’t even give me!

I usually do my research into car insurance, but on Sunday my partner had been taken to hospital, and my policy was running out that day so just wanted to quickly get insured, and in 10 years I’ve never had any stress with insuring online, so I clicked on the cheapest quote, but that led to the biggest headache because they don’t give you a policy straight away- you have to wait for someone to contact you, which nobody did- so it taken 5 days, 14 phonecalls to cancel a potential policy with them, I’ve been stuck with no insurance since Sunday but with them holding hundreds of £££ of my money.

I sat and researched them while waiting desperately to get through to someone - after being on hold for hours, and their reviews are horrendous.

Ive finally got through today and made it clear I want no dealings with them but It’s still going to take days for my money (for a policy they didn’t even give me!) to be released from them but
    I was lucky, because I hadn’t had my quote confirmed I could cancel before it progressed and they started making charges, but if I’d if I’d have accepted their cheap quote over the phone then I would have ended up stung for hundreds more than the original quote.

They are a disgrace.

I couldn’t bear anyone else having the stress of this, that’s why I’m sharing.

Don’t go with RCIB even if it’s the cheapest initially- you will regret it!
  • Just to say thank you for all the comments on this forum. RCIB offered a whopping £500 quote to insure my E Class, whereas the cheapest other alternative was £700 by eSure (which I know has been around for a while and is more trusted).

Like everything in life, if it sounds too good to be true it probably is!

I did read the notes on their website, which said something about pre-authorisation to be taken from my card, but that I won't be covered until I receive a call from the company to check my details. I do not understand why this sort of process is necessary. If I would not be covered for insurance right away upon entering my details online,why is a pre-authorisation necessary?? If you need to double check the customer's information first before approving why don't they simply NOT take a pre-authorisation until the customer's details have been completely verified to their satisfaction?

Based on what others have said on here there is a cancellation charge for the 14 day cooling off period? I am not solid on the rules but I thought the point of the cooling off period was to allow someone to change their mind without incurring unreasonable costs? In any case, the cancellation charges mentioned on this forum appear to be higher than those set out on their T&Cs.

Not calling this company scammers, but they really need to work on their processes.

I have decided not to go ahead thanks to the feedback on here, and have opted for a better known company, albeit at a slightly higher cost.

Regards,

Marco
  • I feel like I have been scammed by RCIB, I was lured to pay online with tempting low quote of insurance online and after paying I have learned that i am not covered but trapped by RCIB with an expensive insurance premium.

I have been charged £20.00 for paying on same day to close brothers (policy finance provider) by RCIB although i am not late on my payment and close brothers stated on the phone call that RCIB has no right to charge even if i am late it is close brothers who impose or cancel any charges this shows RCIB'S one of their utter immoral and unlawful acts. I am not surprised if my insurance gets cancelled after my last payment to avoid giving me No Claims Bonus. The customer service standards can be rated as very poor, had to wait long time, no telephone ethics and customers are treated like criminals.
  • I urge everyone to bring this scammer to justice, please join me and launch a complaint to FCA, insurancebroker regulatory body, confused.com, etc and stop these scammers from harassing people like us. thank you
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    I urge everyone to bring this scammer to justice, please join me and launch a complaint to FCA, insurancebroker regulatory body, confused.com, etc and stop these scammers from harassing people like us. thank you

How can people sign up for your crusade ?
    Not sure ill sign up for it.

Get on change.org and get a petition going.

Have you complained about the issue you have ?
  • This is an appalling state of affairs and unfortunately my daughter has just taken out insurance with them. They gave her a quote of £1450 which was less than others were quoting, got the insurance documents, then have come back to herafter the 14day cooling off period to say they needed another £490 as her licence was not fully 2years old.. (by 2 weeks) Finding this forum has been sadly very enlightening...
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback