Milann's life keeps getting in the way.......

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,241 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    All sounding good :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • milann
    milann Posts: 10,575 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Monday £23 Aldi/Morrisons
    Tuesday NSD
    Wednesday NSD
    Thursday NSD

Not working tomorrow though as been told training not suitable for our class, not to worry though I'm happy to have a day off.
    Walked home in the sunshine - hope it carries on next week for half term.....

Went to a different sw last Monday - I'd put 3 on.....went this week and lost it again........7 to go to get my target so I wont need to pay again. Feeling determined :)

Payday on Monday - will pay the loan off and start looking for a car I like ready to start again with another loan................ but at least I'll have paid the 1st one off - I'd have added to it at one time.......intend to overpay a bit each month and get rid of it asap :)
    January spends - £587.58
  • beanielou
    Enjoy your day off :)
    I am thinking I will never get back to target :(
    Happy car shopping~~what are you thinking?
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• milann
    Life got in the way again.............AAARRRGGGHHHHHH........

I never got to pay my loan off as I started with toothache and £225 pounds later........... then dd and gdd ended up staying for a few days, which was really lovely but not good for the finances. SO I WILL PAY IT THIS MONTH - just need to wait for the 15th again.......

We have been really busy with one thing or another and I haven't had chance to get on here.............dh is 'babysitting' his mum at the moment - she is 94 and has had a really bad year and to be honest I really don't now how she is keeping on going, so I have a rare peaceful evening. I'm planning an early night with a cuppa and am going to watch the new doctor thorn or whatever its called at 9 o clock.

Beanie I've been looking at the Hyundai i10 but I've not made my final choice yet - I want a tardis basically!!!!! I want a small car with 5 doors that has a big enough boot for a buggy for when gdd stays. I want to be able to see the bonnet too - such a lot of cars seem to have high dashboards and the bonnets drop to nothing - so the hyundai has a seat you can raise to make it better............but once I've paid the loan and got another I'll look seriously. I could do with one tomorrow as since dh is staying over looking after his mum I'll have to walk to work - 45 minutes - no problem on the way home but I'm not a morning person and I don't like ice so not relishing the thought of tomorrow morning.

Night night - off to watch my programme
    January spends - £587.58
  • beanielou
    Rather than than me to walk all that way.

• milann
    Walked about 10 minutes this morning and someone from work spotted me and pulled over giving me a lift - I was well chuffed lol - I as in work at 8 oclock, an hour early - although I aim to get in at half 8. Gave me chance to organize myself and earn a few brownie points......

I had a great evening last week. I'd gone to a fashion show in aid of a local children's hospice who have been fantastic with my friends family after the loss of her little girl. The clothes are really cheap although its a bit hit and miss what they have. Anyway I bought some raffle tickets and I won £50 to spend on the night - got a summer weight coat, a m&s cotton jumper and 2 tops should have been £63 BARGAIN at £13 and raffle prize.....then they pulled another of my tickets out and I won a meal for 2 at Gusto a local restaurant up to the value of £50..........I never win anything so bought a lottery ticket but should have saved my cash as my lucky streak stopped and I didn't even get a number.

I've given up on slimming world - annoyed with myself but I refuse to keep paying to be told I've put weight on.

Corrie is calling so off to put the kettle on and settle down to watch it.....
    January spends - £587.58
  • beanielou
    Great news on your fantastic wins~~enjoy.

• milann
    Time flies by - I've had a throat infection from hell and lost my voice for best part of a couple of weeks - it decided to travel to my sinuses for good measure so I've been going to work and having early nights which seems like forever.....so not had chance to get on line.

I've finally done it - paid my loan off - in full - competely finished it - I can't believe it.............

Just got to pay my cc of £900 which I usually pay every month in full but only made minimum payments last couple of months to enable me to pay loan - then I'll be completely debt free - roll on payday then I can do it - LOL - I'll be totally broke but - DEBT FREE :)

Well I changed job in November - I knew I was taking a chance as it was a temporary contract - but it's the way schools work these days - I was on a temp contract for 5 years in my old job........ anyway the head called for all 14 staff on temp contracts and with cut backs the school has to reduce to 9 support staff on temporary contracts. We all have to re-apply for our jobs - I'm hoping they use it as a chance to sweep clean and get rid of the dead wood.....and not just use i as an exercise of last in first out - I'll know by the end of April. So I've decided not to do anything about a new car until I find out if I've still got a job in summer. At least if the worse happens - I'll have no debts and can hopefully go on the agency. I'm lucky to be in good(ish) health and the kids are grown up - I won't have cash to spare but it could be a heck of a lot worse - I will put my rose tinted glasses on and look on it as an opportunity............

We had one of those new gas and electric meters fitted yesterday and its quite scary how much leccy it uses when the kettle it switched on!!!!
    January spends - £587.58
  • beanielou
    Sorry to hear about the job but as you say that seems to be the way it is now.
    woo hoo to no loan.
    Roll on no CC :)

• milann
    DON'T BELIEVE HOW STUPID I'VE JUST BEEN...........:eek::eek:

To cut a long story short - dh phoned me to say a man was coming around to collect cash for some work we've just had done on house. I was still in bed so preceded to get bathed and dressed - I was half way through getting dressed as he arrived earlier than i expected so threw my dressing gown on (all decent and modesty protected:o) went down to give envelope to man as dh asked. I was so eager to get rid of him as I felt a bit awkward - I DIDN'T GET A RECEIPT:mad::mad::mad:.............. There were several hundred pounds in envelope for some work we've had done to get rid of damp in house, air bricks and a fan and a protective coating on outer walls. Man seemed honest and did the work well.........and he said he'd e-mail dh with invoice. Like an idiot I said 'yes'....Now I'm worried sick as I know there are a few workmen that give the honest ones a bad name...........I can't believe I did it - I'd NEVER dream of handing cash over in a shop without a receipt SO WHAT WAS I THINKING or not thinking................ really hope this doesn't come back to haunt me............. It just shows how we can let out guard down in our own homes............:(:(:(
    January spends - £587.58
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure