PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

'supporting each other through really tough times'

Comments

• cat_smith
    cat_smith Posts: 1,258 Forumite
    pah you don't live anywhere near HoneyBear do you? Post 187 on Flylady Thread. Someone has taken in a 'stray' but well fed cat and is holding on to it regardless of owners.
    GC Mar 13 £47.36/£150
  • cat_smith
    cat_smith Posts: 1,258 Forumite
    (((Hugs))) to everyone who is having a sh**ty time. It's lovely to know everyone is supportive on here. I lurk every day, but don't post often. I'm with you all in spirit and will post if I have anything useful to contribute.

Glad all the dogs seem to be safe. Ozzie sends slurps as well.
    GC Mar 13 £47.36/£150
  • JKJ
    JKJ Posts: 120 Forumite
    CRANKY40 wrote: »

To everyone who thinks their troubles are insignificant compared to other people's problems....they aren't. If it worries you it's significant.

Can I 2nd and 3rd this please? So well put.

Would also like to add that I was a lurker for ages before I became a poster. I knew a lot of names, recognised posters from other threads, and felt cosy and comforted by the familiarity. So comforted on a bad day that one morning I asked myself why I didn't post at all, just read? So I posted, and the comfort I received doubled, because then people started to regnise me so it became a 2 way street IYSWIM?

You have no idea (or perhaps you have) what a difference it made to my mostly lonely life, saying something I felt, and having it taken seriously, and realising that although you wouldn't know me if you walked past me in the street, you cared if I was sad.

I feel so sad for, yet also proud of the people on here who are suffering such misery, hardship, worry and yet still keep going, still offer help and support to others. I have just read all of yesterdays posts as I was out all day and there are so many having a hard time I wanted to weep for you. It would take me until mid next week to go back and find all the names I would like to mention, and I would be mortified If I missed anyone, so love, hope and light to all who need them.

As a side issue, it would take so long to go back and read then add to my post because I am using a touchscreen and it is driving me mad. MAD I tell you! I would love to post using my old laptop, which is slow but has a real keyboard that doesn't end up making appear 10 years old, but for so reeason I cannot log into the site on that machine. I can log in and out over and over again on this damned touch screen, but my laptop tells me it doesn't rcognise my user name and/or password. I have made sure I am logged out on the touchscreen and have cleared the cookies on the laptop. Am stuck now, any ideas?
    Please be patient with any mis-spellings and typos I am officially useless with a touchscreen keyboard!!! :mad:
  • Softstuff
    Softstuff Posts: 3,086 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    meme30 wrote: »
    Softstuff:- Pleased it's shingles and not MS. :dance:
    Just wrap yourself up and let this awful illness take it's course. Lots of vitamins, plenty protein and gallons of oj needed to boost your immune system. Having read your posts in the past, I'm willing to bet you have lost even more weight! Those new trousers are going to need a belt!:D
    Haha, it's quite funny that you say that, I've gained a few pounds thanks to these tablets. But I'm assuming they'll drop off when I finish them.

I went volunteering again today at the charity shop, so am tired this evening and will be chilling out.

Love all round
    xx
    Softstuff- Officially better than 007
  • jem132
    jem132 Posts: 511 Forumite
    Morning all well I got up on time for a change on my way to taking the boys to school we walk past a area of secluded green land I thought what's that smell and OMG their was a split binliner full of cannabis :eek:we have found small bags on our walk to school and have always taken them to the school office they phone police ect but this is different I quickly hurried the boys to school 2 mins away and rang the police and went to meet them to show them where it was they were like we'll done good find thankyou aparantly there had been a raid on a house nearby so someone must of got way with it. What is the world coming to needles to say we will walk a different celeb way in future I am a bit scared now.
    I have dyslexia so I apologize for my spelling and grammar
  • Popperwell
    Popperwell Posts: 5,088 Forumite
    JKJ,
    Wish I could help with your 'puter problems...

What do I know these problems can happen so suddenly.

I was watching tv on the laptop. Was told to dowload an update of software. Next day all the programmes I had downloaded was lost and they have expired so I cannot watch them live. The BBC I Player stopped working. I uninstalled/installed again...a few times...now I see it is a fault the BBC know of and are apologising and trying to fix the problem but no idea when...

So your problem will probably be something really simple to fix and needs a change in the software set up. Annoying though...
    "A government afraid of its citizens is a Democracy. Citizens afraid of government is tyranny!" ~Thomas Jefferson

"Your assumptions are your windows on the world. Scrub them off every once in a while, or the light won't come in" ~ Alan Alda
  • D&DD
    D&DD Posts: 4,405 Forumite
    Morning toughies :D
    I'm starting to blur up again so will just send you all a big hug this morning and hope you all have a great day thinking of all those struggling at the moment XX
  • fuddle
    fuddle Posts: 6,823 Forumite
    I have woken still with feelings of low mood, worry and disappointment but I'm going to clear and pack as I have been. Nothing has changed yet and I'm clinging on to the hope that it is just a formality. LL has final say and he knows what the credit check will say so.... onwards.

*So today I'm going to continue to make DD's curtain.
    *I've to colour spots on a t-shirt for DD for pudsey day at school tomorrow.
    *beef casserole to put in the slow cooker
    *wash, iron and put away
    *dog walk
    *see DD's teacher for parents evening

I'm thinking of baking but don't know what yet.

I'll be reading with you all today but not posting much. Everyone is having it tough, we don't need my frantic thoughts as well.
  • maryb
    maryb Posts: 4,660 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    JKJ it might be worth posting on the techie board about your laptop. Lots of clever people there. Failing that, you could always back up everything to an external hard drive or CDs/ pen drive then do a reinstall of Windows. (Make sure you back up to something you can keep separate). It's not as hard as you might think (though for all I know you may well be a complete computer whizz - if so, I apologise for teaching you to suck eggs) and it fixes all sorts of glitches and speeds things up generally. Most IT people I know do it regularly as a sort of spring clean. Lots of tutorials on the web if you google reinstalling Windows.

As long as you have got the recovery discs for your laptop you should be fine although you would have to spend ages afterwards downloading all the Windows updates. I allow about half a day to reinstall all the other programs and then reload all the documents I saved on the external back up. If you haven't got any recovery discs it may be that your laptop didn't come with them but you are expected to make your own - it usually takes 2 or 3 DVDs. If you go to help and support on the Start menu it should take you to the Back up and Recovery Centre where you can make your recovery discs
    It doesn't matter if you are a glass half full or half empty sort of person. Keep it topped up! Cheers!
  • Possession
    Possession Posts: 3,262 Forumite
    JKJ I agree, post your problem on the tech part of the forum, someone there will know what you need to do.
    Jem that sounds a bit scary!
    D&DD hope you're alright.
    Fuddle I hope you hear quickly.

DH is working from home today since he still doesn't have desk or computer at work, and is managing to wind me up already! So had better go or I'll start swearing.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure