Renewables: "talking 'bout my generation"

Comments

• Andy_WSM
    Andy_WSM Posts: 2,217 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Uniform Washer Rampant Recycler
    Interesting. Just had a surprise visit to check my PV installation and verify that the meter was the correct serial number and readings consistent with expected.

No issues here, but wonder how often they come across people on the fiddle?
  • Martyn1981
    Martyn1981 Posts: 14,753 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Got 2/3 of an O yesterday, so happy with that looking at others generation.

Wall to wall sunshine here today and tomorrow (if Mr Weatherman is telling the truth).

Switched the heating off at 8am and switched the 400W oil rad on, and was still exporting, result.

If it stays sunny all day I may even mow the lawns - living the dream I am, living the dream!

Mart.
    Mart. Cardiff. 5.58 kWp PV systems (3.58 ESE & 2.0 WNW)

For general PV advice please see the PV FAQ thread on the Green & Ethical Board.
  • Andy_WSM
    Andy_WSM Posts: 2,217 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Uniform Washer Rampant Recycler
    Martyn1981 wrote: »

If it stays sunny all day I may even mow the lawns - living the dream I am, living the dream!

Mart.

You have lawns, not a soggy bog?

Lovely & Sunny here too. Over an O, on the way to the second one and hoping for a third, maybe.

Heat Pump hasn't come on here since 9am and probably unlikely to until the Sun passes over after lunc!!!!-late afternoon, so saving £s on top of generation. Awesome :)
  • Martyn,
    A lovely sunny day today, and 3 Os by lunchtime - could this be the first Hawaii of the year? For once I'm not grousing; but I wouldn't cut the lawns - it just stimulates the moss!
    O G :cool: Somewhere on the South Downs
    3.29kWp S by E
    Greetings to Druids everywhere
  • jimmyboy420
    jimmyboy420 Posts: 1,004 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Also a lovely day. Not on for a Hawaii, but will be nearing 4 Os. :) Very nice after all the bad days recently. Well below target for the month still after a week of bad results!
    3.924kWp (12X327Wp SunPower). SolarEdge SE3500 inverter.
    Surrey/SE. 30 degree roof pitch, chimney shading from mid afternoon.
  • ...and whoopee! At 3pm Rufus the roof got to 16.5kWh, which is my Hawaii score. I think Rufus wins the silver spoon, which is nice, because I collect spoons (Victorian serving spoons, mostly). I'm going to buy Rufus a spoon...
    O G :cool: Somewhere on the South Downs
    3.29kWp S by E
    Greetings to Druids everywhere
  • shavy65
    shavy65 Posts: 562 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Hoping for a bit of advice. I received a geo Minim Electricity Energy Monitor in the post today. My plan was to use it in conjunction with my geo solo PV monitor so I could make the most of my generation without importing. I'm guessin this is useless as it can't detect which direction I'm "flowing" meaning even when I'm exporting it's showing as important. Does this seem right enough? Would like to know before I return it.
    Cheers
    3.975 kWp System, South facing, 21 degree pitch, 15 x Canadian Solar Elps, Samil Inverter, location NE Scotland (Fraserburgh) Bring on the Sun :beer:
  • Inverter still doing its thing at about 45w but I'll call time on mine now ..... 2.87 O's today :)
    4kw PV fitted 4th July 2014 (Green Energy NW £5600). WSW facing, 30 deg Pitch, Unshaded, Samil Solar River inverter, 16 Solar World Mono panels, Iboost on Immersion Heater. located in mid Lincolnshire.
  • 1961Nick
    1961Nick Posts: 2,069 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    countryman wrote: »
    Inverter still doing its thing at about 45w but I'll call time on mine now ..... 2.87 O's today :)

Spoon avoided for another day...

3.22 O's

:cool:
    4kWp (black/black) - Sofar Inverter - SSE(141°) - 30° pitch - North Lincs
    Installed June 2013 - PVGIS = 3400
    Sofar ME3000SP Inverter & 5 x Pylontech US2000B Plus & 3 x US2000C Batteries - 19.2kWh
  • Merlin139
    Merlin139 Posts: 6,850 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    The Sun has been to East Yorkshire today!

Cracking day and I have been at work since 06:30 till 16:30 so I have seen very little of it.

But we have had the:

Best day of the Week!
    Best day of the Month!
    Best day of the Year!
    Best day since 12 Oct 14! and the 2nd best since 10 Sep 14!smiley-happy110.gif

4.6566038 O's (18.51 kWh )
    3.795 kWp Solar PV System. Capital of the Wolds

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport