the demise of Ebico

Comments

• Mee
    Mee Posts: 1,441 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Mee wrote: »
    Got an email a few days ago asking meter readings before they process the A-J bill. Always pay on receipt of bill.

Submitted readings, but had to wait at least a week to finally receive an email and view online bill. Disappointed at the payment methods offered - had hoped for a FP option rather than online debit/credit card payment system. May reconsider DD if things continue as they are.
    Free thinker.:cool:
  • squiggles
    squiggles Posts: 1,635 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Ilona wrote: »
    First bill has arrived today, for period 12 April - 11 July. The gas part is ok, what I expected, the electric part is estimated, and double what it should be. I don't know why they have estimated it, they have both readings.

I see that the electric readings which were previously missing on my online history, have now appeared. It is there in black and white, 3486, they have estimated it at 3993. I now have to email them, shouldn't have to do this if their departmental systems are compatible with each other.

Ilona

Oh that's a huge difference for an estimate, a little strange how the gas is correct but the electric isn't.

Keep us updated please if you have a spare few minutes. I hope RH work like other companies if there's a huge bill difference and amend the bill cost with the correct readings.
  • squiggles
    Submitted readings, but had to wait at least a week to finally receive an email and view online bill. Disappointed at the payment methods offered - had hoped for a FP option rather than online debit/credit card payment system. May reconsider DD if things continue as they are.

What is FP option?
  • squiggles
    squiggles wrote: »
    So far so good with Ebico/RHE.

I switched by postal method with the slip you had to sign because I couldn't get through by phone and website came up as error. My switch date was 21st April. All communication was by post as I didn't set up a direct debit payment.

Today 21st July I got a letter asking for my meter readings. Letter states my bills are going to be processed within 7 days, letter was sent 16th July. I phoned up my readings because it thought it would be quicker than email if my bill was due out now. It was an automated line and I key padded my account number and meter readings.

Just waiting for my bill now. I prefer to pay my bills quarterly like the old days LOL.

My Ebico/RH bill for both gas and electric arrived today with the correct figures and not estimates. Bill to be paid by 9th August.

After the initial confusion for switching to Ebico zero I'm pleased to say everything turned out well and hassle free.
  • Cardew
    Cardew Posts: 29,036 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler
    Likewise my Ebico/RH account - paying by DD - is running without a problem.
  • Ilona
    Ilona Posts: 2,449 Forumite

I am disappointed that they don't have an option to pay into my bank, like I have been doing for the last three years before the changes. I shall choose pay with cash at a Pay Point outlet, we have one in the village shop. I have to take the bill to have the bar code scanned, as there isn't a paying in tear off slip.

Now waiting for new bill.

Ilona
    I love skip diving.
    :D
  • Xbigman
    Xbigman Posts: 3,884 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Received my bill yesterday, paid it today with my debit card. Website is a bit basic. When I clicked 'pay bill' it took me to a third party payment service and didn't carry my details over and I had to cut and past my 19 digit PRN number in. Likewise when requesting an email receipt I had to type in my email address again.
    That said it all works fine. Meter reading request when expected, bill when expected and correct, bill paid. No real complaints from me.

Darren
    Xbigman's guide to a happy life.

Eat properly
    Sleep properly
    Save some money
  • squiggles wrote: »
    What is FP option?

Guessing online banking Faster Payments?

You can pay with your 19 digit number on your Ebico bill on the Ebico site though the payment appears on your bank account statement as "allpay".
  • NoNoDrama
    NoNoDrama Posts: 237 Forumite
    What are Ebico/Robin Hood like at sending out amended bills to the correct readings? I have a gas credit meter but nothing in the property uses gas anymore. The readings will never change however I'm bound to get estimates at some point. Are they efficient in this respect? I'm slightly concerned as they/RHE have some seriously awful reviews on trustpilot with regards to their customer service. No way would I give them my electricity.

Also as the tariff ends in December, does anyone know if the new tariff/s will be no standing charge or not? Surely this is their niche and so would have to be?

I get the standing charge discounted with SSE until the end of year so may stay with them and see what happens?
  • Cardew
    Cardew Posts: 29,036 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler
    NoNoDrama wrote: »
    I'm slightly concerned as they/RHE have some seriously awful reviews on trustpilot with regards to their customer service. No way would I give them my electricity.

All over the internet there are 'seriously awful reviews' about trustpilot!

By and large people only make adverse comments about all energy companies.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure