IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

PCN NTK Excel

Hi

First time posting. I've read the newbies thread but I just wanted some advice to give to the registered keeper.

Car parked on 4/6/17 at a site controlled by Excel Parking. After paying the correct amount the driver was not issued a ticket by the machine and having no additional funds left a note stating time of parking and amount paid on windscreen.

The driver returned to find a card with a Serial Number and a date directing them to myparkingcharge.co.uk.

On 15/6/17 the RK received a PCN NTK issue date 12/6/17.

I have redacted PDFs of both the windscreen notice and the PCN if required.

What advice should I offer the RK at this stage? I'm thinking sit tight as Excel are IPC, so any appeal is unlikely to succeed.

Is that correct?

Comments

• Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    no , the RK uses the IPC template from the NEWBIES sticky thread

then its ignore anything except an LBC or an MCOL over the next 6 years
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,287 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Search the forum for 'myparkingcharge.co.uk' and read the other threads - you will glean so much more from a search than on your own thread. Some newbies don't seem to like being told that, but it is true, a search yields so much more advice (a hundred times more) than answers on a single thread.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • antwilliams
    antwilliams Posts: 18 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    OK. Appeal posted
    The RK is expecting a rejection so expecting some begging letters
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,321 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    OK. Appeal posted
    The RK is expecting a rejection so expecting some begging letters

Have you complained to the landowner and asked them to get this cancelled - can work? Even if it doesn't, you will have added a bit more to the heap of irritation the landowner will be feeling about their decision to engage a PPC that brings it to them. Sooner they may be on their way.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport